Author Topic: Interesting Knife Fight  (Read 12452 times)

TomFurman

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.physicalstrategies.com
Interesting Knife Fight
« on: November 14, 2006, 03:17:09 PM »
I can't read or understand the verbage. It is grainy but rather interesting. The girl in this vid is very dangerous. Thank goodness she didn't have a hidden blade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG8ew95_7K0&eurl=

www.physicalstrategies.blogspot.com
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 04:44:28 PM by Crafty_Dog »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Knife Fight
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 05:13:39 AM »
Tom-- why don't you start the conversation with your observations?

Jeff Gentry

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 04:03:13 PM »
Am i missing something, It looked like a fist fight to me i did not see the use of a knife.

One thing i noticed readily though is how many time's people ended up on the floor either slipping or getting knocked down.

Jeff
Usque Ad Finem

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 05:41:57 AM »

OK, assisted by reading through the comments, this is what I got from it:

There are three or four groups here:

1) some Polish tourists (the big white guys?),
2) some South Americans (the smaller guy in the dark shirt and pants and the knife, the woman, and?-- some of the commentators thought them African of some sort),
3) two transit security guys, (long dark pants/white shirts)  You see them start to intervene, and at one point it looks like one has some sort of ASP, but as the knives start coming more aggressively into play they disengage.  You see one returning to the train and coming out again various times.
4) maybe some passers-by

If I were to guess what happened:

Two SA (white shirt/dark pants and dark shirt/dark pants) men driven out of the train car with punches by the PTs.  The SAs drive the PTs back into the train car.  They drive back out and focus on the dark shirt SA who pulls/already had? a knife.  By so doing they turn they back on the white shirt SA for a moment.  One PT turns to face him (in the picture his skin color appears to be more African black than SA brown-- so maybe the commentator who said the group I am calling SA was actually African may be right-- however just to have a name I will go with the majority opinion of the commentators and continue to say SA) and drives him back to where they aren't really visible while in the foreground the other PT and shoves dark shirt SA to the ground. (While this is happening this is where we first see the dark-skinned woman in the white sleeveless top.) He gets up and throws a caveman overhand stab.  Steppin in from the train door, an additional PT (or the one who previously drove white shirt SA back) ambushes darkshirt SA from his 0300 and the TS guys enter the fray from the train now on the left.  One TS guy drives the PTs back into the train while the other restrains dark shirt SA.  Does TS realize that he has a knife?

Anyway, that's all the breakdown I have time for now-- we're only 25% through the clip at this point-- but perhaps it will help everyone follow from here.

TAC,
CD

Jeff Gentry

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 02:00:08 PM »
Hey Guru Crafty

At 38 second's one of the PT's get stabbed on his front left side, It appear's he didn't know the SA had the knife at 42 the TS had him somewhat restrained his knife hand was still in play though so it appear's they didn't realize he had the knife either, the PT look's like he was surprised by the first stab he backed up and is looking at his shirt like he didn't know what happened.

It look's like when the TS let's him go he then realize's the SA has a knife he somewhat tries to back people away from the SA.

Jeff.

Usque Ad Finem

the spaniard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 11:51:52 PM »
Marc,i've posted this video in a few forums so try to help you with the language.
The comments says the weapon guys are from South America or Arabs from Africa,while the big guys are from Poland.
The security guys try to pull them apart but the lack of training,equipment(they can't carry pepperspray),long shifts and a crap salary don't make them wish to risk their lifes.
Another story is that they should protect the people at the Metro,especially the dumb father who keeps looking the fight with his son like a football match. :-o
In Spain they can't carry ASPs so they carry batons (not rigid,kind of leather),and they're? told at? Security Company "You see this?Well,forget you carry it." :-(
So patrolling alone most of the times with a dildo,a walkie talkie and a pair of handcuffs is not my idea of a safe job.
Maybe they were drunk or drugged that's why all the nonsense (if you punch someone to the floor specially the one with a knife you kick his head until he's no longer a threat).
I'm going to Madrid next weekend with a group of friends? just to go out at night,relax and meet some women,wish me luck. :-)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 04:34:47 PM »
Gracias por la ayuda espanol.

That certainly fleshes things in a bit.

Of scientific interest here:

a) the lack of immediate effect of the stabs to the kidney region on one of the PTs;
b) the failure to see the knife in the hand-- this is something that is well-established in the literature as being quite common, but here we see it in action
c) the obliviousness of many by-standers.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 04:36:40 PM by Crafty_Dog »

Sun_Helmet

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • Sayoc Kali
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 07:45:04 PM »
That father is particularly oblivious.

Note that at 1:21 the woman connects the larger group to the smaller group.
This causes the two big guys to lose focus even more.

Kidneys are timers, so unless SA got the aorta - those big guys won't be going anywhere for several minutes.

--Rafael--
Sayoc Kali
--Rafael--
"..awaken your consciousness of our past, already effaced from our memory, and to rectify what has been falsified and slandered."
Jose Rizal, from his 1889 essay, ' To The Filipinos '

Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 02:35:02 PM »
well is still not clear about Polish and the "sudacas", i been reading the comments posted on youtube by the people who lives there in Madrid by now I know the station name is Oporto, and at the end readed some interesting last coments saying that they actually not southamericans (sudacas) or africans they? are "Gitanos"

about the polish? guys well i dont believe they are tourist they look more like inmigrants to me anyway tourists most of the time are carrying their full stuff to move around ( clothes, etc) and Polish its pretty common to see em in every country of the European Union working. since i didnt see any comments besides one that says the police taking them under arrest in some other video

also the lack of comments in the video is not much of a help and the quality is horrible ya can distinguish people fighting and ya can see who is who? you can asume "Gitanos" are carrying some kind of knives for the stance and the way they attack and that is also confirm later on the video by looking the shirts covered with blood on the Polish guys, since the action seems like it started on the Oporto station

well by looking at the end of the video and still watching the Polish guys go walking like nothing happens and taking into acount everything that Guro Marc tought us its obvius that wasnt very efective and the attacks were made randomly anything they could stabb on the Polish in that short space and time, also i saw just before it finish the last Polish guy to walk again inside the train had some stabb behind probably close to one of his kidneys but miss

and again the quality of the video its really bad i think there were only 3 groups "gitanos", polish, security guards who didnt do much to stop them and just taking care no one else gets involved at least thats what it looked like

« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 02:42:49 PM by Ed »
see ya next post, best regards

Ed

Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 02:58:34 PM »
this is my opinions about Polish, I think they see the agressor and the weapon  clearly but also think they rely on their physical streingh and totally ignore the weapons ( knives) they look pretty confident on how big they are compared to the "Gitanos" how easly they can throw them to the ground thats also something seen during part of the video, so they are aware of the  danger involved confronting these guys  and how outnumber they are even with that they took the chance to get into the fight they could have tried to scape but they didnt, their behavior looks more like trying to intimidate like " hey im big guy dont care how many times u stabb me I will bring ya to the ground hard" and the aftermatch they walking back in the train totally still standing like if they were proud of their achivement
see ya next post, best regards

Ed

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 06:09:39 AM »

Guard Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile