Author Topic: Manhattan Class- August 13th Central Park  (Read 8475 times)

LG Dog Russ

Manhattan Class- August 13th Central Park
« on: August 12, 2003, 07:26:00 AM »
Woof All,

The weather looks good for the rest of the week so class this Wednesday will be held at Sheep Meadow in Central Park from 7:15-8:30PM.  All levels are welcome!

Please meet by 7:15 at Columbus Circle (around the fountain with the gold statue).

See you there,
LG Dog Russ

Lakan Guro Dalawa
Dog Brothers Martial Arts

Katulong Apprentice
Sayoc Kali

(917) 698-9391

LG Dog Russ

Sheep Meadow, Central Park- NYC
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 08:56:34 AM »
Sheep Meadow, Central Park- NYC

Warm-up: FOOTWORK

1) The Snaggletooth- all variations
2) Lameco 5- right and left
3) Switching between Snaggletooth and Lameco 5

Freeflow carenza breaking into Snaggletooth and Lameco 5 at random.  This is meant to break patterns and the limited footwork people normally do in carenza.  Break the pattern!

Single Stick Attacks:

3 variations using feints and joint hits.

A new student arrived just before we started this material so I set him up on his X pattern strikes (Angle 1 alone at first, then add in Angle2) with hip torque and shoulder rotation.  He started with a light stick and then I gave him a baseball bat.  With the heavier weapon you can feel if you are swinging smoothly with sound body mechanics because if not, you will feel pain!  This is how the Atienzas begin their student?s training.

Outer Tooth Siniwali w/ Metrinome Siniwali Caveman (see Outer Tooth Vid-lesson):

We reviewed some of the material from Guro Crafty?s 11/02 Seminar at PMAA.

Siniwali Rattan fighting- using headgear, elbow pads and hockey gloves we fought at 50% intesity trying to intelligently apply this material by looking for these opening or feinting and then attacking.  Even at less than full intensity, the adrenaline kicks in because rattan hurts!

Siniwali Action Flex fighting- we raised the intensity (75% for hitting, 100% for footwork and movement)

I had the new guy try out his Angle 1 and 2 attacks against me to get the idea of what it feels like to connect with a hit.  He loved it?.

I was told that this was a lot of material and that I taught it the Filipino way last night.  Throw it out and see who can digest?.., but the class was small and the guys seasoned so I said ?What the Hell??