Author Topic: VIDEO CLIPS OF INTEREST  (Read 378847 times)

Tony Torre

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: VIDEO CLIPS OF INTEREST
« Reply #350 on: August 18, 2010, 09:34:46 AM »

Stickgrappler

• Power User
  • "...grappling happens. It just does." - Top Dog
    • View Profile
    • Stickgrappler's Sojourn of Septillon Steps
"A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, and good stickgrappling and can keep track of all three simultaneously. This is a good trick and can be quite effective." - Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny

maija

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 25, 2010, 03:53:52 PM »
It will seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first.
Miyamoto Musashi.

Tony Torre

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 26, 2010, 12:52:21 PM »
Here's a highlight reel of some real cool full contact fights.  Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5AvCcLwaJQ&feature=player_embedded

Enjoy,
Tony Torre
Miami Arnis Group
www.miamiarnisgroup.com

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
As I like to say
« Reply #354 on: August 27, 2010, 11:33:42 AM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 27, 2010, 03:52:36 PM »
second clip of the day.

My neighbor (at whose house I watch the UFC)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbyYy6kSwlA

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Indian Pole Dancing
« Reply #356 on: August 29, 2010, 07:27:48 PM »

Sebresos

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 30, 2010, 07:17:24 PM »
Nice....Indian culture fascinates me!

Stickgrappler

• Power User
    • View Profile
US Open Tennis 9/2/2010 Djokovic vs. Petzschner match - Fight in the Stands
« Reply #358 on: September 03, 2010, 08:02:20 AM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more_sports/2010/09/02/2010-09-02_fans_fight_in_upper_stands_at_arthur_ashe_stadium_during_novak_djokovic_match_at.html

Cut and pasted from above link:

Thursday night, the fireworks erupted in section 187, near the top row of Arthur Ashe Stadium.

During the eighth game of the first set between No. 3 seed Novak Djokovic and Philipp Petzschner, a fight broke out in the nosebleeds.

Arnold Florendo, 37, of Great Neck, L.I., caught the fracas with a video camera, which he turned over to police.

Florendo told the Daily News that a woman slapped a younger man, who in turn pushed an elderly man down the stairs. The elderly gentleman, who was wearing a Mets cap, was seen in a wheelchair on the concourse being questioned by a police officer.

The officer instructed the man to "get checked out."

The woman, who Florendo believed was the daughter of the elderly gentleman, and the younger man were both taken away in handcuffs by NYPD officers.

The USTA did not release any names. Calls to the 110th Precinct, where it is believed the two are in custody, were not returned.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more_sports/2010/09/02/2010-09-02_fans_fight_in_upper_stands_at_arthur_ashe_stadium_during_novak_djokovic_match_at.html#ixzz0yTjAmgcP

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPelP6HG7ig[/youtube]

better angle

SG's note:  I cannot play the volume too loud while at work, not sure if we can hear what words were exchanged, but apparently the young man used a lot of F-bombs. The weather yesterday in NYC was 90 degrees Fahrenheit or so (30 or so Celsius) and perhaps alcohol was consumed.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 08:20:53 AM by Stickgrappler »
"A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, and good stickgrappling and can keep track of all three simultaneously. This is a good trick and can be quite effective." - Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 03, 2010, 09:11:32 AM »
An amusing study in human interaction.  Any analysis?

Stickgrappler

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: September 03, 2010, 09:44:04 AM »
An amusing study in human interaction.  Any analysis?

I was hoping others chime in. Because I'm at work, I cannot have the volume that loud. Want to hear what was said and the tone/volume it was said.

My preliminary analysis/guesses as to what sparked the confrontation without further info of the possible interactions prior to video could be :

1) Grandpa and Daughter have to pass Young Man to get to their seats. Grandpa and Daughter having hard time going through Young Man who may not have gotten up to facilitate G & D's crossing.
2) Or G & D kicked/stepped on YM's feet.
3) YM had some beer in his system and may be a little buzzed.
4) The weather probably didn't help as it was muggy, hot and humid and people's tolerance levels were lowered.

C-Yo Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 03, 2010, 10:04:35 AM »
Work is slow here so I tried to type a transcript of what I could hear.

YM- I can talk all I want I f@*king paid my ticket go sit down.
Crowd- security, you don't need to cuse.
YM-I don't give a f**k what anyone wants.I got a lot of money on the game and I'm going to pay (can't make out exactly what he says after this).
YM to G-You got her getting in my face sit the f**k Down.
YM- I can take 20 of those (He was pointing @ his face so I assume G threated to punch him in the face)
YM-Get me out of here? What are you going to do? Evicted for what? Evicted for what? I'm not talkin during the points. Am I talking during the points? I'm not talking during the points.Get the f**k out of here.

Stickgrappler

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 03, 2010, 10:34:56 AM »
*embarassed*

I wrote Grandpa and Daughter, meant Father and Daughter.

Woof RyanA:

Thank you. Get a slightly better sense now. Still need to watch this at home.

~sg

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 03, 2010, 11:49:55 AM »
Besides nosebleed section, you can see the top of the stadium, this is a very early round in the tournament, but still an expensive sports ticket and people deserve a little peace and quiet to try to experience it from so far away.  The view of the match is far better in your living room.  Looked to me like the younger guy was admittedly disruptive and totally to blame, up until the physical stuff started.  Even when she slapped him he only laughed at her.  He said something else provocative as he sat down but it looked like the older guy was already planning to step in on him.  

Crowd asked a good question, 'where is security?'  They were also saying throw the bum out meaning for sure the young guy.  

I was guessing the young guy gets a disorderly conduct, the woman a 3rd or 5th degree assault - a slap charge, and the older guy a serious charge for going in to hurt him.  NY Post coverage says otherwise: "“It’s a hot night in New York. Things happen,” Chris Widmaier,a US Tennis Association spokesman said of the tussle, which resulted in no arrests.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/queens/fight_night_at_the_open_QlwSKhd4YInp9hGBdZ7m0K

I should add that if they are still looking at film maybe they will still issue a citation or 2.
-----
Djokovic went on to beat Petzschner 7-5, 6-3, 7-6 (8-6).
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 11:56:32 AM by DougMacG »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 03, 2010, 01:14:02 PM »
In the second clip at 00:090 she hits him with a right slap to the face.  I believe that is what he is referencing when he says "I can take 20 of those."

Rarick

« Reply #365 on: September 04, 2010, 03:41:43 AM »
What was he saying that needed a slap? What did he do that warranted a body slam?  Talk is Talk the young guy was apparently do a lot of talking, but trying to mind his business- he was trying to just sit and watch the game apparently.  Grey hair and the girl both got physical.......... someone being an a$$ is not illegal or license to start beating on someone.

F-bombs and bad language do not look good, but what triggered the verbal exchange?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 04, 2010, 10:37:12 AM »
The impression I got was that he probably had been loudly commenting on the game (perhaps with vulgarities?) whereas tennis crowd etiquette tends to be rather quiet.  The fact that not one but two phone cameras were focused on the exchange indicates that things had been building for a while , , ,

sting

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 07, 2010, 03:49:18 PM »
Agreed.  The woman should be evicted for the slap, and the older man for his failed assault.  While he was likely responsible for the bad will, the young man was not shown to assault anyone.  If the young man had done to either what had been done to him, he would have been treated much more harshly.
Baltic Dog

Go Shin Jutsu Kenpo (Prof. Richard Lewis)
3rd Degree Black Belt Instructor

Bono JKD/Kajukenbo (Prof. John Bono)
Gentlemen's Fighting Club

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Flying Car
« Reply #368 on: November 20, 2010, 11:28:07 AM »
I've been in a few traffic jams where this would have been handy , , ,

http://www.eaavideo.org/video.aspx?v=635469588001

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Capoeria MMA KTFO
« Reply #369 on: November 27, 2010, 09:41:49 AM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
African Grey
« Reply #370 on: December 07, 2010, 04:17:14 PM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Zebra vs. Lion
« Reply #371 on: December 08, 2010, 09:57:43 AM »

Karsk

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 11, 2010, 10:35:10 PM »
youtube has a new beta search tool....I found this when I was playing around with it:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaMKUPqz5Mk[/youtube]

Teaser: In 1935 Richard Halliburton photographed guys in the mountains in Georgia wearing chain mail and practicing a medieval martial art.

From wikipedia:  "There has been a hypothesis, coming from the locals and descriptions by Russian serviceman and ethnographer Arnold Zisserman who spent 25 years (1842-67) during Russian expansion in the Caucasus (see Georgia within the Russian Empire), that these Georgian highlanders were descendants of the last European Crusaders because their folk culture – the material, social, and religious practices – greatly resembled those of the Crusaders.[3] American traveler Richard Halliburton (1900-1939) saw and recorded the customs of the Khevsur tribe in 1935.[4] Khevsurs are mentioned in Greek, Roman and Georgian sources before the formation of European crusades ( See History of Georgia and Georgian People), and the pure European origin of Khevsurs is not supported by most modern scholars. However, some form of settlement of Crusaders in these areas is possible, as they are mentioned in several manuscripts of the time as participants of several battles against the Muslims in Georgia (100 "Frankish" Crusaders participated in King David's army in the Battle of Didgori), and the fact that some passed through here after the fall of the Holy Land."

The creator of the video is a fellow traveled to the area to meet with the last remaining practitioners of this art, three 90 year old men.

Pretty Cool.

Karsk

Tom Stillman

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 17, 2010, 01:27:35 AM »
Some of you may remember during the National GEO gathering, I used a weapon that I called a swing knife. People laughed when I told them I got the idea from an old kung fu movie. I remember I just had to laugh myself.  Just happened across a clip of that movie.  lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-aGVXiMT_M
Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.  dalai lama

C-Kumu Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 17, 2010, 07:36:35 AM »
Surprised this hasn't been posted yet, I know there has been some cool stuff pulled off by Gints at the Gatherings but this is pretty darn cool too.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn_z9NhBons[/youtube]
"You see, it's not the blood you spill that gets you what you want, it's the blood you share. Your family, your friendships, your community, these are the most valuable things a man can have." Before Dishonor - Hatebreed

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Skiing meets paragliding
« Reply #375 on: December 18, 2010, 05:37:57 PM »

tim nelson

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 03, 2011, 10:51:41 PM »
http://ferfal.blogspot.com/search/label/Self-Defense?updated-max=2009-03-12T10%3A25%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=20

on this link i am pointing out the two you tubes about a kiai master, the first shows him with his students in training, the second showing him fighting an mma guy, the video speaks a volume or two to me.

Stickgrappler

• Power User
    • View Profile
Optical Illusions by Kokichi Sugihara
« Reply #377 on: January 26, 2011, 06:50:47 AM »
http://ferfal.blogspot.com/search/label/Self-Defense?updated-max=2009-03-12T10%3A25%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=20

on this link i am pointing out the two you tubes about a kiai master, the first shows him with his students in training, the second showing him fighting an mma guy, the video speaks a volume or two to me.

Woof Tim:

Firewalled at work, will have to check out at home when I have a chance.

Optical Illusions by Kokichi Sugihara

http://www.npr.org/blogs/krulwich/2011/01/19/133017843/your-lying-eyes-can-this-be-happening

You have two eyes.

Each eye sees a slightly different world. (Put a finger in front of your face, switch from one eye open to the other and that finger will shift, just a little bit.) But rather than walk around all day seeing in double vision, your brain pulls the world back into one-ness.

Brains decide what we see. Kokichi Sugihara knows this better than anyone. He makes videos that trick your brain into seeing things that you know, you absolutely know, can't happen.

And yet —

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYa0y4ETFVo&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

That's the short 1:30 or so clip... at the link above is a link to a longer 13 mins vid.

AndrewBole

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 26, 2011, 03:42:14 PM »

thanks Tim, good link. Although, the old man accepted the bet and all, I think that this total materialisation of "truth" lately, especially since the mma and nhb has taken off in martial arts, is just sad.

The logic of "testing" like this seems completely flawed to me. You take some guys art, take it out of its context and put it in context where YOUR art is proven to work the best.

Think of it as a sumo wrestler loosing in MMA. Does this prove that mma is the ultimate contact sport ? Not at all, it means that in that specific set of conditions, sumo might be insufficient in some parts of the endeavor. Switch the positions, and take the mma guy to the dohyo. Does it mean that sumo is the ultimate full contact sport ? Not at all, it means that in that specific set of conditions, MMA might be insufficient in some parts of the endeavor.

btw Stickgrappler, incredible link.

Andrew

Scurvy Dog

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 26, 2011, 08:07:37 PM »

Wow, I actually feel bad in a way for the "master". I wonder if he actually believed in the cool-aid he's been pushing all these years?

AndrewBole

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 31, 2011, 04:39:54 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDYyv-iLmRY

over under clinch at 0:07 ?? uki goshi-hip throw at 0:12 ?? inside collar tie at 0:13 ?? triceps biceps control at 0:33 ?? arm triangle attempt at 0:45 ??

Can Fedor armbar it ?

Discuss.

:):):):)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 04:47:29 PM by AndrewBole »

tim nelson

• View Profile

tim nelson

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 02, 2011, 04:24:01 AM »

thanks Tim, good link. Although, the old man accepted the bet and all, I think that this total materialisation of "truth" lately, especially since the mma and nhb has taken off in martial arts, is just sad.

The logic of "testing" like this seems completely flawed to me. You take some guys art, take it out of its context and put it in context where YOUR art is proven to work the best.

Think of it as a sumo wrestler loosing in MMA. Does this prove that mma is the ultimate contact sport ? Not at all, it means that in that specific set of conditions, sumo might be insufficient in some parts of the endeavor. Switch the positions, and take the mma guy to the dohyo. Does it mean that sumo is the ultimate full contact sport ? Not at all, it means that in that specific set of conditions, MMA might be insufficient in some parts of the endeavor.

btw Stickgrappler, incredible link.

Andrew

i agree, also how i see this clip of the master is that this situation shows that with unwilling partners or with people that are under the influence of a figure head his "magic" is less or not effective at all. To me it's like being a survival instructor, i am telling all these people how good i am and how good they all are and could be. How we can all hunt and trap our own food, we practice with our weapons and are really accurate. Then someone bets us to go out and do it, where before we never actually killed anything. And what happens, we don't kill anything. And I could say it was out of context. Sure it was, we actually tried to do what we said we were training for. I see it similiarly here, I imagine some of his students expected to see him flip flop this uncooperating guy around like them.

Do we know if this show was trying to prove who has the ultimate full contact sport? And if we took this mma guy to where the master tosses his students around would he be tossed around like a doll? I bet he would if he went to a sumo dohyo, probably because the sumos know what they are doing.

I see the clip more as a view into reality, not so much as to further disgrace someone as worthless.

tim nelson

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 02, 2011, 04:25:24 AM »
well i dont have this quote thing down yet, that was my response under andrews.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 02, 2011, 06:06:26 AM »
Andrew:  Both funny and fascinating

Tim:  I had heard about that footage, thanks for posting it here.

grayson

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 17, 2011, 08:11:25 AM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 17, 2011, 12:09:06 PM »
That's very funny.  Not the most decisive law enforcement I've ever seen  :lol:  Perhaps a Taser which have given the officers some courage, , ,

grayson

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 17, 2011, 03:43:41 PM »
I thought the citizen with the broom had good intentions but because one picks up a broom, doesn't mean they know how to use it.
Same with the guy breaking the staff in two. Just because one has two sticks in the hand doesn't mean one knows how to use it.

The cops could use a little forehand redondo training for sure :lol:

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 17, 2011, 04:02:32 PM »
Testicles would help too.

bigdog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 22, 2011, 02:46:26 AM »
This is a very cool video of a college QB doing trick shots.  Check it out:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxDJb03a0yo[/youtube]

C-Yo Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #390 on: March 08, 2011, 11:03:35 AM »

Gong Fu Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 08, 2011, 01:53:11 PM »
Funny how everyone just starts coaching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX9c3ySht0Q&feature=player_embedded#at=79

Yeah, the good old Pride Days...I really miss Pride  :-(

C-Yo Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 14, 2011, 04:39:20 PM »
This is what happens when you try to start fights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF8uSPwLKp8&feature=player_embedded#at=27

C-Yo Dog

• View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Follow up on bully comeuppance
« Reply #396 on: March 21, 2011, 10:53:01 AM »
Thank you for that.

Very glad to see that young man get the support he deserves!

C-Yo Dog

• View Profile
Re: Follow up on bully comeuppance
« Reply #397 on: March 21, 2011, 03:34:17 PM »
Thank you for that.

Very glad to see that young man get the support he deserves!

Great interview with Bas Rutten, not only does he talk about his epic street fights, he also talks about being bullied when he was younger for having Eczema. For those of you who don't have an hour to just sit @ your computer, it's also on Joe Rogan's podcast.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/12874240

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Free Running Training Facility
« Reply #398 on: April 09, 2011, 06:19:25 PM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile