Dog Brothers Public Forum

HOME | PUBLIC FORUM | MEMBERS FORUM | INSTRUCTORS FORUM | TRIBE FORUM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2017, 03:20:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the Dog Brothers Public Forum.
101848 Posts in 2376 Topics by 1089 Members
Latest Member: Sarge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Dog Brothers Public Forum
|-+  Politics, Religion, Science, Culture and Humanities
| |-+  Politics & Religion
| | |-+  Media, Ministry of Truth Issues
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] Print
Author Topic: Media, Ministry of Truth Issues  (Read 457478 times)
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1950 on: April 13, 2017, 11:58:51 AM »

"(Also a Pulitzer Prize winner)"

but also a Hillary Clinton voter:

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2017/04/could-faux-conservative-troll-bret-stephens-departure-to-nyt-turn-around-the-wsj-editorial-page
DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #1951 on: April 13, 2017, 12:43:04 PM »

but also a Hillary Clinton voter

Stephens did not say he voted for Hillary; Levin is saying he helped her by not supporting Trump.

Trump gave plenty of reasons to doubt him.  Hadn't heard of the nuclear triad, agreed with Bernie Sanders and moveon.org on Iraq, dispose of NATO, etc.  Trump has educated himself and shifted since.  Trump was wrong on his economic analysis that won him the rust belt, Mexico, China and bad trade deals are the reasons for your troubles.  No, your Michigan problems reside in Washington DC and Lansing and they are excess taxation and over-regulation.  Among Trump's character revealed was labeling opponent Carly "That Face!" [and Ted, "lying Ted"; he paid no taxes because "I'm Smart"].  Not hard to be turned off that candidate.

Stephens is a foreign policy guy.  If you ignore the campaign and look at their histories, Clinton was the hawk and Trump was the Ron Paul.

Also beware of Stephens' immigration weakness, but my experience is that Bret Stephens is normally a great foreign policy thinker and writer - with the exception of the areas where I disagree with him.  )

Mark Levin is tough on people who disagree with him on anything.  Just hated Rubio, for example.  Turned against Trump too.

In the Levin link 'Trumpís GOP has left me', Stephens ends with:  "If I canít get my Grand Old Party back, Iíd rather help build a new one."

That is exactly what Levin says every broadcast evening.

In the other link, he criticizes Ted Cruz for running to win the right-most side of the Republican party instead of running to win the nation.  That is pretty much what I was saying then even though I agree with Ted Cruz on issues.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 12:48:47 PM by DougMacG » Logged
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1952 on: April 13, 2017, 11:39:15 PM »

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/01/25/abc-apologizes-after-being-caught-deceptively-editing-quote-about-sean-spicer/
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1953 on: April 17, 2017, 05:59:51 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-q0MIPfV_Q
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1954 on: April 17, 2017, 06:09:36 AM »

"some serious ovaries"

cool

G M
Power User

« Reply #1955 on: April 18, 2017, 11:00:58 PM »

http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/18/ap-changes-fresno-shooters-words-from-allahu-akbar-removes-islam-reference/

You can't handle the truth!
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1956 on: April 19, 2017, 12:40:00 AM »

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/329424-fox-news-planning-to-sever-ties-with-bill-oreilly-report
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1957 on: April 19, 2017, 02:19:32 PM »

I will miss O'Reilly.   cry  Didn't always agree with him but usually did.

We all knew he was a major egotist but if he was really abusing women like Ailes was then his departure is definitely for the best.   He will make a lot of women and lawyers rich now...........

I am thinking this Fox news person would be a great replacement  smiley:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trish_Regan

She is really good on the Fox news business station.  And she seems to be on the the right politically.
DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #1958 on: April 19, 2017, 04:08:40 PM »

I'm no fan of Bill O'Reilly and I don't watch cable, but a company settling lawsuits is not evidence, and the most recent claim is not credible.

Glenn Beck laid this out on radio this morning. He went through the same thing. They declared they would get Bill O'Reilly for his views before they found out what he might have done wrong. Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity next.  The group is Media Matters and their mentor is Bill Clinton, not exactly a symbol for fighting sexual harassment.

No link but check glennbeck.com or the blaze for the story if interested.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 10:28:42 PM by Crafty_Dog » Logged
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1959 on: April 20, 2017, 11:02:11 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/20/business/media/bill-oreilly-payout.html?emc=edit_na_20170420&nl=breaking-news&nlid=49641193&ref=cta&_r=0
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1960 on: April 21, 2017, 09:48:23 AM »

http://www.jta.org/2017/04/19/news-opinion/united-states/4-things-to-know-about-bret-stephens-the-latest-jewish-new-york-times-columnist

CG comments on the article:

The JTA's profile of Bret Stephens posted below is a largely fair and accurate portrait of the extraordinary career of a fantastic writer.
But I have one problem with it. I have a problem with the article's strange, unfair and distorted portrayal of the Post's former publisher Tom Rose.
During his tenure as publisher of the Jerusalem Post, in 2002 Tom Rose hired Bret Stephens, then a young editorial writer at the Wall Street Journal in Europe, to serve as editor of the Jerusalem Post, a major newspaper with a global audience.
This would have been an enormous promotion for anyone. It was certainly a career maker for a 28 year old writer.
Bret Stephens in turn hired me to serve as a senior columnist and deputy managing editor of the paper. This too was a major development in my career. Until then, I had no significant exposure to the English language audience. I was then serving as a senior writer for Makor Rishon.
I was then, and remain still today, deeply appreciative to Bret for recruiting me to the paper.
There are many things that I appreciate about Bret, beyond the fact that he hired me. The role he played in getting Tom fired is not one of them.
This is very old news, and would not be worth recalling, except that strangely, for no apparent reason, the 13 year old episode was highlighted in the JTA profile of Bret, on the eve of his move from the Wall Street Journal to the New York Times.
Over the years that passed since his departure from the paper, Tom and I struck up of friendship. We haven't spoken for several months, and it is important for me to note that at he did not, and never would, ask me to write about this. In fact, I imagine he wouldn't want me to say anything at all. But like I said, we haven't spoken for awhile so I am doing what I think is right, under these strange circumstances.
Tom was hired by Hollinger to serve as the Post's publisher with the specific duty to de-unionize the paper.
Not surprisingly, a lot of people hated him for it.
Bret's hire was also part of the transformation the Post underwent under Tom's leadership from a cumbersome, expensive, local Israeli paper, owned by the Histadrut labor union if I am not mistaken, into a lean, global publication, that ran on a streamlined budget.
If Tom hadn't been there, Bret would not have received the opportunity of his lifetime, (and he wouldn't have hired me, giving me an opportunity of my lifetime).
Tom, like Bret, (and like me), has his share of rough edges. He is however, a brilliant, exceedingly competent professional and a wonderful person. He doesn't deserve to be assaulted again, 13 years later in a weird attempt to provide a foil for Bret's many good qualities. It is unfair and it feels vindictive.
I have to say that I am mystified at the motive.
I wish Bret the best of luck at the New York Times. He is a gifted writer and he did me a great service 15 years ago when he asked me to join him at the Post.
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1961 on: April 21, 2017, 08:31:34 PM »

http://www.westernjournalism.com/limbaugh-advertisers-never-target-left-right/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=THENewVoiceEmail&utm_campaign=can&utm_content=2017-04-21
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1962 on: April 21, 2017, 09:43:17 PM »

EVen Michael Savage who generally makes no secret that he does not like OReilly (he calls him the leprechaun)
was incensed on how the LEFT and the class (less) action lawyers can get away with  destroying someone with allegations
He was not defending OReilly if he did harass women only that there is no due process.  He is already guilty in the court of public opinion and he will be forever tarnished over this. He also added most of what we have heard is so over blown.   

My God
it is alleged among others he committed the following "crimes":
 he called somebody blond
            he called someone hot chocolate
            he called someone attractive

Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1963 on: April 24, 2017, 02:26:03 PM »

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/330218-tucker-carlson-benefits-from-fox-chaos
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1964 on: April 24, 2017, 03:52:56 PM »

http://www.dailywire.com/news/15675/woman-accused-hannity-sexual-harassment-within-48-ben-shapiro?utm_source=dwemail&utm_medium=email&utm_content=042417-news&utm_campaign=position2
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1965 on: April 26, 2017, 07:52:15 PM »

https://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2017/04/26/fox-news-anchor-kelly-wright-racism-suit/22057008/
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1966 on: April 27, 2017, 07:43:14 PM »

is a self made billionaire.  I didn't know this:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-06-27/michael-savage-s-son-becomes-billionaire-selling-rockstar
G M
Power User

« Reply #1967 on: April 27, 2017, 07:48:13 PM »

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/369500.php

April 27, 2017
Leftist Fascism Reaches New Lows in Blatant Thuggery, as "Mainstream" Left Covers Up for Them and Blames the Right
This is the post I delayed because I didn't know how to write it.

I won't write it. I'll just link the stories.

I will just repeat my urgent warning and threat: The rules you make for us are the rules you also make for yourselves. If you're comfortable with that, then I suggest you begin making serious preparations for the hell you are determined to unleash on this once-peaceful country.

Leftist "Anti-Fascist" Criminals Threaten to Attack and Drag Off Any Republicans in Portland's Annual Rose Parade; City Cancels Event. I don't know if they'll also be mounting a serious investigation into who made these threats and then prosecuting them to the worst the law will allow. I suspect they'll do neither.

Here's Althouse on it.

The New York Times previously blamed Milo and the rightwing for making the leftwing riot and physically attack people in Berkeley. They now do so again in the case of threats against the safety of author Ann Coulter.

Ms. Coulter, the acid-penned conservative writer, canceled a planned appearance on Thursday after the political organizations that invited her rescinded their support over fears of violence. "It's a sad day for free speech," she said.
Howard Dean and Sarah Silverman are "acid-tongued." (Not penned; they don't write.) If rightwing criminals threatend to assault them over speech, would the New York Times be searching for what they have recently called "false equivalency" between the two competing sides-- one side that says they have the right to speak without fear of assault, and another side that says if they speak they'll be physically attacked?

Jim Ruttenberg specifically called for an end of this practice of seeking "balance" were there was none -- in the New York Times itself. Of course, he meant that in the sense of not giving "balance" to conservative claims when leftist claims were so obviously the truth and All Conservatives Are Liars.

Notice they've gone back to seeking "balance" when the obvious malefactors are their fellow violent, fascist progressives.

But across the country, conservatives like her are eagerly throwing themselves into volatile situations like the one in Berkeley, emboldened by a backlash over what many Americans see as excessive political correctness, a president who has gleefully taken up their fight, and liberals they accuse of trying to censor any idea they disagree with.
The situation adds up to a striking reversal in the culture wars, with the left now often demanding that offensive content be excised from public discourse and those who promote it boycotted and shunned.

A striking reversal? "Now"?

The left has been doing this with increasing militancy since the 1980s.

How fucking old and out of touch do you have to be to call this "striking reversal" as happening "now"?

It has happened and happened and grown worse every year precisely because the alleged "responsible voices" of the left, who could be expected to chastise their misbehaving correligionists and tell them to stop, have in fact covered up for them every step of the way, thereby tacitly approving of them and encouraging them to go further.

Remember the "Climate of Hate," where it was posited that somehow Sarah Palin had inspired a deranged man obsessed with the mind-control patterns of regular English grammar to shoot a Representative who didn't take his theories about grammar seriously?

If you believe in a "Climate of Hate" encouraging violence from more excitable members of a political cult, then you must also believe that the left's endless justification and excuse-making for violence -- when not openly calling for it-- creates a Climate of Hate on the left for visiting violence on the right.

You can't deny that. It's non-deniable.

What the Times and the left are doing, therefore, is simply supporting the Climate of Hate, and hoping to cause violence. So long as it's directed against the right people.

The rest of the article (so far as I could read) is less egregious than that opening -- claiming the victim provoked the attacker -- but that rhetorical excuse for political violence is quite enough.

I'm pretty sure that if Rush Limbaugh defended, justified, and make excuses for right wing gang violence the Times would not say the left "provoked" them by "throwing themselves" into "volatile situations" (like state-funded college campuses).

The mayor of Berkeley -- who liked a By Any Means Necessary Facebook posts (BAMN being one of the violent groups, as their name would imply), and who has ordered police to stand down and let BAMN and antifa attack citizens at random -- says that both antifa and the right which baits people into assaulting them are mutually to blame, and Mother Jones, naturally enough, agrees.

Keep your eye open for when Mother Jones speaks in the passive voice -- no human actor specified -- and when it gets suddenly specific about a human actor involved in an outcome.

On the eve of what was shaping up to be the latest in a string of violent clashes in Berkeley, California--
When a mugger attacks a citizen for his money, it's a "clash," but usually we do note who criminally attacked the other to start this "clash."

--between militant far-right and far-left activists,
Who's throwing M80s and bricks into crowds? Eh, doesn't matter. Niggling detail. There's a Higher Truth to be discovered.

-- Mayor Jesse Arreguin vowed that police would act aggressively to quash illegal behavior. "Berkeley is about the free exchange of ideas, but that's not what's happening," he said in an interview at City Hall late Wednesday.
Why? Who is it who is stopping the free exchange of ideas -- Ann Coulter, or the terrorists who threatened to harm her for speaking her ideas?

"So I think going forward we are going to need to have a more visible police presence at these incidents and intervene."
A confession that the standing orders have been to let Antifa attack whoever it likes, and that the only problem he sees her is that the attacked have begun counter-attacking.

Protesters who engage in violence or vandalism, Arreguin warned, will be arrested and prosecuted "to the fullest extent of the law."
Which ones? You only arrested one guy at the Milo riot. I have a feeling you'll be arresting more of the attacked than the attacking.

Ever since a planned speech at the University of California-Berkeley in February by far-right media provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos was canceled amid a rash of violence and property destruction,

Amidst a rash of violence and property destruction which self-generated itself with no identifiable human agents behind it.

.... Berkeley has become a prime target for right-wing groups mobilizing under the banner of "free speech" ...
Ah. The right-wing is targeting Berkeley. Under the banner of quote-unquote "free speech."

...and trolling political opponents with bigoted rhetoric.
They can't name who is committing the violence and property damage, but they're Johnny on the Spot when it comes to Naming and Shaming those guilty of "trolling."

Alt-right and other far-right demonstrators have repeatedly scuffled with antifa counterprotesters in the city, most recently on April 15, when protracted brawls led to the arrest of 20 people.
They mutually "scuffled." No one, say, began attempting to storm the state where permitted speakers were legally speaking.

They add this, after noting Ann Coulter cancelled her appearance, but "fanned the flames" of wishing to speak without being physically assaulted:

alt-right agitators have vowed to cause mayhem whether she shows or not.
Again, Mother Jones finds its voice in being able to identify the trouble-makers, a task it found strangely elusive when it came to BAMN and antifa violence earlier.

And is antifa also vowing to battle in the streets?

I guess we'll never really know. It's just these alt-righters, I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: