Author Topic: old doggs/new doggs  (Read 7434 times)

old doggs/new doggs
« on: September 02, 2003, 04:37:34 AM »
howl crafty, i was browsing the web site and came across the dbmaa section, i was looking at the part called "the pack"  i noticed that your on sabbatical as of 2000, and most of the other what i percive to be older dogg brothers are either like wise or retired or in some other form of inactive status. i saw pictures on the website of eric fighting in the july gathering....are you no longer fighting at the gatherings? how about the others? i guess what iam wondering is what is the life expectancy of a dog brother.........and is there a new pack forming....

Ed

• View Profile
old doggs/new doggs
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2003, 08:45:45 AM »
hi there ..

first of all im not a dog brother  :(  but anyway i will try to help ya out the best i can there is a part of the page  whos the dog brothers and whos the candiate for  dog brothers and whos just a dog now ;) hint i think was on DMBA Info then click on The Pack you will find there who is who about who is active or unactive well Guro Crafty Dog knows better hope this is a at least a little help ..
see ya next post, best regards

Ed

Stickgrappler

• Power User
  • "...grappling happens. It just does." - Top Dog
    • View Profile
    • Stickgrappler's Sojourn of Septillon Steps
Re: old doggs/new doggs
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2003, 09:18:50 AM »
woof:

Quote from: guest
and is there a new pack forming....

from my understanding, there is only ONE pack which may consist of active and inactive members.

and like Ed, i'm not a DB. take this for what's it worth.

HTH
"A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, and good stickgrappling and can keep track of all three simultaneously. This is a good trick and can be quite effective." - Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny

what and whys
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2003, 01:39:36 PM »
thanks guys for your response to my post......though the crux of my inquery has yet to be answered. i know that there is only one pack. what iam wondering is why are some of the older doggs no longer active in their fighting  hence retired-sabatical-ect.ect. is it due to injury old age i mean iam sure the reasons vary and are wide spread.....thats also the reason i ask whats the life expectancy of a dogg brother........how much can a guys body take getting whacked by the rattan  and what are the residual affects over the course of time.....ie old injurys ect. ect. thats the reason for the ques. is there a new pack forming......is it the younger fresher guys who havent  been hit as much that are now stepping into the fore front of the actual combat. not to imply at all that there was a seperate pack apart from the original forming but a new generation of fighters..... edgar sulite said in a recent issue of philippine arts magazine that kali is not a game.....which i fully agree...its a warlike (martial) art not to be taken lightly as a game or sport. hence...the question......what is the life expectancy of a fighting dogg brother?