Author Topic: what equipment needed for classes  (Read 7030 times)

phil

what equipment needed for classes
« on: August 14, 2003, 07:13:55 PM »
i am planning to attend DBMA classes at the inosanto academy within the next two weeks after my interview for the academy is finished.
i'd like to know what equipment i will need to purchase before attending.
what types of sticks( wts, and lengths.)  i went on kombat  instruments' website and saw a variety of sticks.  any help would be appreciated
thanks

Mike

• View Profile
    • Real Contact Stick Fighting
Equipment
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 11:34:06 PM »
Hi Phil,

the most people have there own favorite length and weigth. That can be 60cm to 75cm length and different weigths. Diameter can be 2cm to 4cm. The thinner one is good to perform and practicing moves and techniques on lower level and the thicker one is good for practicing powerstriking.

My recommendation is to buy rattan in the length of 270cm and cut it yourself. Internet-Shops are often to much expensive. I bought my rattan at a company who makes furniture with rattan like sofas, seats and more.
You can save 80 percent and more by this way.

Do you need trainingdaggers? Its a similar way to save money. For more details don't hesitate to contact me via email: mike@dagaydaga.de

Best wishes from germany, Mike

Mike

• View Profile
    • Real Contact Stick Fighting
Rattan
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2003, 12:14:08 AM »
Hi Phil,

something forgotten. The type of the sticks should be rattan. Rattan hurts, but don't break your bones like ironwood or else.

For Lameco Training my favorites are my both kamagong sticks, but i never use them in partnerdrills or laban laro.

You also can purchase rattan and trainingdaggers from me if you want.

Kind regards, Mike

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
what equipment needed for classes
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2003, 12:50:41 AM »
Woof Phil:

A pair of sticks will get you started.  You will find that generic toothpick demo sticks will not cut it in this class though -- they should be more substantial.  30" is typical.  

Regardless, don't worry, just show up ("90% of life is just showing up") and it will all work out.

Woof,
Guro Crafty