Author Topic: ESKRIMA COALITION TOURNAMENT July 14th 2007  (Read 10836 times)

BAHALANA

• View Profile
ESKRIMA COALITION TOURNAMENT July 14th 2007
« on: May 08, 2007, 05:32:41 PM »
The Stockton Eskrima Coalition has reassembled and continues the goal that the West Coast Eskrima Society and Original Eskrima Coalition started in the 80's and 90's this time with strong goals to honor, respect and preserve the truth of our Eskrima teachers from Stockton,CA. We invite you all to participate, watch or just network and meet other Eskrimadors. The tournament is open to all weapons styles. The scoring will be made by Master level referees and judges. The concept is bladed edge or sword. Rattan sticks will be padded and mandatroy minimum gear is required. We hope to see many old freinds and make new friends. We would like to see more Carenza participants from other areas attend. There is also a junior division and a senior division over 40.

Dexter Labonog
Co-Director
Eskrima Coalition
www.bahalana.com/eskcoa.htm

SLD~Revillar
MSB~Mata sa Bagyo
OGE~Original Giron Escrima
Bahala Na~Multi Style

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: ESKRIMA COALITION TOURNAMENT July 14th 2007
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 07:22:32 PM »
This announcement was posted with my prior approval.

I went to one of these many years ago and had a fine time.  It was wonderful meeting some of the masters and manongs of Stockton such as Gilbert Tenio (sorry don't know his proper title) Dentoy Revilar (sorry don't know his proper title), and others.

BAHALANA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 10:09:49 AM »
I was at Master Den house a few months ago watching some old backyard footage and saw a much younger Crafty Dog at a BBQ at Den house after one of the tournaments. Great to hear from you and thanks for the support.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 03:07:13 PM »
I would LOVE to have my own copy of that!!!

C-Kumu Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 03:11:11 PM »
Anything else similar going on during the weekend of the gathering?  Ill be in town till the 26th.
"You see, it's not the blood you spill that gets you what you want, it's the blood you share. Your family, your friendships, your community, these are the most valuable things a man can have." Before Dishonor - Hatebreed

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 04:10:14 PM »
Traditionally there is a dinner for the fighters/Tribe.   When we have the deal settled with OP/NG we will work when and where the dinner will be and let everyone know.

BAHALANA

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 09:36:41 AM »
I'll what I can do about that clipr of a Early Crafty Dog. We traditojnally do have a gathering afterwards to relax, BBQ and get know the out of town folks a little better. I'll bring it up to the Coailition at the next meet.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 07:55:24 PM »
Thank you very much!