Dog Brothers Public Forum
Return To Homepage
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 01, 2015, 10:54:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the Dog Brothers Public Forum.
84581 Posts in 2264 Topics by 1068 Members
Latest Member: cdenny
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Dog Brothers Public Forum
|-+  Politics, Religion, Science, Culture and Humanities
| |-+  Politics & Religion
| | |-+  Jeb Bush
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Jeb Bush  (Read 100 times)
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« on: January 07, 2015, 09:48:27 AM »

For obvious reasons Jeb gets his own thread.

I know we here have strong doubts about him (amnesty, common core) but I have read in more than one place that he has a very good record as Gov. of FL.  I saw the front page of his website on the news this morning and I must say I very much liked the bullet points he chose, things like Freedom, Free Enterprise, Strong National Defense, and more.

G M
Power User

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 11:04:03 AM »

Illegal immigration is an "act of love".

Enough of the rinos.
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 11:28:19 AM »

http://www.dickmorris.com/jeb-hillary-codependent-dick-morris-tv-lunch-alert/?utm_source=dmreports&utm_medium=dmreports&utm_campaign=dmreports
G M
Power User

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 11:38:43 AM »

I'm pretty sure we fought a war or two so as to avoid hereditary rulers.
DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 04:55:26 PM »

"I know we here have strong doubts about him (amnesty, common core)"

- Yes, those are the two.  I would think he could back off of common core rather easily.  He was trying to raise educational standards in an initiative coming out of the states.  It turned into an escalation of liberal leftist, central federal government totalitarian control over schools.  Schools should be controlled locally.  Just say so.  How he finesses amnesty support into a Republican nomination will be more difficult and he seems to be immovable.  There are two sides to it.  Jeb is only showing that he gets the compassion for the illegals side of it and not the rest like laws, security and sovereignty.  Good for him (sarc.), but then he is running for the wrong endorsement.  The candidate who wins will have to acknowledge both sides of it and strike the right balance.

"I'm pretty sure we fought a war or two so as to avoid hereditary rulers."

- No problem, they will just both go by their first names, like my neighbor Prince Nelson.

"I have read in more than one place that he has a very good record as Gov. of FL."
"Enough of the rinos."

- His record during two terms in Florida is more conservative than Ronald Reagan's record serving two terms in California.

They said a long time ago that he was the best of the Bush's.  If so, then why did we have to suffer through the rudderless father and somewhat confused older brother first?

I am planning to support new blood first.  This also could turn into a head fake.  Like Hillary, he may find out this is not what he wants.  But right now, he is the Republican front runner.

G M
Power User

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 06:12:09 PM »

I am so sick of the republican structure pushing democrat-lite candidates. I will not vote for them again. I will worry about local issues and ignore the national goat rope.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: