thanks, but it's not all mine. i wish, lol...
these weapons are at least a hundred years old. i would say majority are g.i. bringback from the philippine-american war at the turn of the century. what is so amazing is how most of these treasures has maintained its sharpness after all these years. i'm just doing my share of being the care taker in this life time and hopefully the next generation would take care of them with the utmost respect.krises
- you guys (and gals) have seen these before. most popular weapon of the moro people. comes in three different flavors: straight, half straight/half wave, and fully wavedbarungs
- tausug's favorite weapon. pommel ranges from simple yet elegant banati wood to the real elaborate ivory worn by datus. simple in design yet deadly.panabas
- nasty blades that were used as head chopper. these babies are 3/4 of an inch thick at the base!Kampilan
- fave weapon of the maguindanaon. bangkung
- rare moro weapon found in sulu. not too much is known about this weapon, except that it's prolly more of a utility type, but are carried sometimes as personal weapon.pira
- another rare moro weapon. only the yakans of basilan are known to carry this type.gunongs
- the moro version of daga. garab or talibon
- the fanatical christian cult known as pulahans fave weapon. here's an excerpt from The Jungle Patrol:Their weapon was a heavy, crescent-shaped bolo with which they could decapitate a man at a blow. Their battle preparations consisted of bottles of holy oil, prayer books, consecrated anting-antings, and other religious paraphernalia. Their mode of attack was a massed bolo rush. Their battle cry was that dreadful "Tad-Tad" which means "Chop to pieces," and they moved into action behind waving banners.bagobo sundang
- lumad tribe in MindanaoT'boli Kampilan
- also known as tok, favored by the lumad tribe known as t'boliheadaxes
- from various mountain province tribes: kalinga, bontoc, apayaomandaya bolo, mandaya dagger, and a mandaya spearhead
- another mindanao lumad tribehinalung
- bolo from the mountain province of luzonpinahigs
- another type of sundang from the mountain province of luzonkalinga shield
- IMHO, one of the most beautiful shield in the worldvarious katipunan bolos
- i'm sure you guys are familiar with this part of our history. these are from luzon, although a visayan tenegre got mixed up in there somehowtenegre
- found in panay, negros and guimaras. still being made today, but the older ones can be distinguished with the carved diety pommelsbinangon
- similar to tenegre, except for one distinct feature. anyone care to guess?sansibars
- cebuanos' fave weapon.
hope this helps...