Author Topic: HUMAN WEAPON SHOW ON THE HISTORY CHANNEL (DOCE PARES)  (Read 13405 times)

pappydog

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
Re: HUMAN WEAPON SHOW - Dumog
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 09:15:55 AM »
In the write up, it is mentioned of a Karabao being taken down. This was being done in "Classic Dumog" style by the one and only Tuhon Gaje. It was in a rice paddy in two feet of mud. As the animal started to go over the Producer made him stop because he thought Gaje was going to hurt the animal.

Pappy Dog

C-Kumu Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: HUMAN WEAPON SHOW ON THE HISTORY CHANNEL (DOCE PARES)
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 02:12:34 PM »
This show looks pretty cool, Im looking forward to watching as many of the episodes as I can.
"You see, it's not the blood you spill that gets you what you want, it's the blood you share. Your family, your friendships, your community, these are the most valuable things a man can have." Before Dishonor - Hatebreed

Maxx

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 02:02:44 PM »
Tonight  10pm ...I am there!

C-Kumu Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 10:47:01 PM »
Someone posted this schedule on myspace.

HUMAN WEAPON Episode AIRDATES

(Dates and times subject to change. Check Local Listings.)
(#1) Muay Thai: Ultimate Striking
7/20/07

(#2) Eskrima Stickfighting
7/27/07

(#3) Karate
8/3/07

(#4) Savate Streetfighting
8/10/07

(#5) Judo: Samurai Legacy
8/17/07

(#6) Pankration: The Original Martial Art
8/24/07

(#7) Krav Maga of the Israeli Commandos
8/31/07

(#8) Marine Corps Martial Arts
9/21/07

(#9) MMA: America's Extreme Fighting
9/28/07

(#10) Kung Fu

10/19/07

(#11) Sambo: Russia's Extreme Fighting
10/26/07

(#12) Bokator: Cambodian Blood Sport
11/9/07

(#13) Silat: Martial Art of Malaysia
11/16/07

(#14) Taekwondo

Date To Be Determined
"You see, it's not the blood you spill that gets you what you want, it's the blood you share. Your family, your friendships, your community, these are the most valuable things a man can have." Before Dishonor - Hatebreed

Maxx

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 11:02:06 PM »
I just finished watching it and the final fight was not even solid contact..I was a tad dissapointed. They made it sound like they were gonna go heads up with these guys and full power...Everything up till that point was awesome but I was alittle  :|

Bandolero

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2007, 06:57:20 AM »
I thought it was a great show.  I did not expect any substantial full contact fighting.  It is a History Channel production, not a Spike TV one.  I thought they did a great job of exploring Muay Thai and mixing it up with a little bit of "Travel Channel" that showed some good Thai scenery, interesting cultural stuff and some good footage of Thais.  The final fight scene was filmed in Pattaya, a place I went to in 2005 and did some AMOK! training (that was a grand experience...sorry I don't have the $ to do it again this September).
"This is a war, and we are soldiers. Death can come for us at any time, in any place." ~ Morpheus

pau

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 02:01:46 AM »
I just finished watching it and the final fight was not even solid contact..I was a tad disappointed. They made it sound like they were gonna go heads up with these guys and full power...Everything up till that point was awesome but I was Little  :|

yea I'm with you i just watched it ( down loaded it cos no history Chanel in Mex  :-( )

but yea the guy was like "this are steel rods raped on padded tape" welllllllll those were some relay RELAY thin steel rods cos they were fast  :? and if you have taken a

heavy hit from a wood,rattan,STEEL stick well you know what thats  like  :cry: :cry: he he so not for a sec i believed they wear heavy AT ALL even wen he lost to a hit to the finger which i know that mos of us have taken and some of us even nastier  :-P

of cours they Had some fun things some were WAY WAY OF to bad for the research team >_< they have master Leo on the show and then they say WELL WERE GOING TO TRAIN IN Pekiti-Tirsia and they don't say that to talk of Pekiti-Tirsia is to talk of master Leo  :roll: :-o :roll:

guau desde mex ^^

woof from mex ^^

Maxx

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 09:01:26 AM »
I also thought the finally fight looked alittle like slapp boxing with sticks. The "Champion" did not even use any footwork. He just walked forward and slapped the guy with the sticks. I was also alittle more impressed with the American Cage fighter guy because it looked like he was using more footwork and actually had a Dog Brother style and what I mean about that is he hit the guy like two times and then closed the gap to grapple him and then then guy looked mad and made a stink. Over all I give the show a 7 out of 10 for History of the martial art.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

darcy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 08:10:58 AM »
I saw this episode and I expected more from the Doce Pares champion. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the guy did not have skills, but I thought he was lacking something, i.e. killer instict, or aggression.

Maybe I've watched too many Dog Brother Fights, so I'll blame this on them (hehehe).
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 08:14:30 AM by darcy »

Maxx

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008, 11:00:41 AM »
I saw this episode and I expected more from the Doce Pares champion. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the guy did not have skills, but I thought he was lacking something, i.e. killer instict, or aggression.

Maybe I've watched too many Dog Brother Fights, so I'll blame this on them (hehehe).

No..You are right. It was lacking. I suggest watching Fight Quest. It's a far better show and the fighting at the end is full contact unlike the Human Weapon where it was soft sparring.