Author Topic: UFC, Randy Coture  (Read 5359 times)

Cyborg Dog

• View Profile
UFC, Randy Coture
« on: August 27, 2007, 03:48:44 PM »

Here is a bit that i found intresting about randy's dominate fight this past weekend

"What’s happening in the world of mixed martial arts now …

By Loretta Hunt (loretta@thefightnetwork.com) and Brian Knapp

COUTURE BREAKS ARM

Even Superman feels it from time to time.

"Following yet another feather-in-his-cap performance Saturday at UFC 74 in Las Vegas, real life superhero Randy Couture (16-8), was informed Sunday by doctors that he’d broken his arm during his third round TKO stoppage of Gabriel Gonzaga (8-2).

Couture, 44, sustained the injury Saturday blocking a Gonzaga right high kick with his left forearm, cleanly separating the ulna bone with a “nightstick fracture,” a break common in law enforcement circles. The injury placed the UFC heavyweight champion’s arm in a splint for six weeks. The appendage will not need a cast.

“It’s not displaced, so the doctors think it will reattach in about a week and a half,” said Couture, who embarks on a South African adventure to shoot a leading role in major motion picture “The Scorpion King – The Akkadian” in nearly six weeks. It is believed the injury will not effect Couture’s shooting schedule.

To watch Couture's reaction of his bout and for a re-cap of all the fights, check out The Fight Network's original series "After The Bell" in the homepage's video player."

-taken from http://thefightnetwork.com/news_detail.php?nid=4673

rio

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
Re: UFC, Randy Coture
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 03:27:32 PM »
Couture is retiring for a second time because he can't fight Fedor. nothing else to prove.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: UFC, Randy Coture
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 12:54:58 PM »
From Sherdog
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=9455
"The motivation for the decision is two-fold," he continued. "I know Fedor (Emelianenko) just signed with another organization and that's the only real fight that makes sense for me at 44 years old as the heavyweight champion of the UFC. That's the fight I wanted and if that can't happen it doesn't make sense for me to compete with all these other guys. And then obviously that's not going to happen now. And, two, I'm tired of being taken advantage of, played as the nice guy and basically swimming against the current with the management of the UFC. I have a lot of other things going on in my life that I'm doing just fine with. I don't need the problems. I don't feel like I get the respect I deserve from the organization, and that's motivation No. 2 for the letter of resignation that was sent today."