Author Topic: Losing Weight and Protein Shakes  (Read 10871 times)

Maxx

• Power User
    • View Profile
Losing Weight and Protein Shakes
« on: August 19, 2007, 08:13:11 PM »
I heard from a guy that when you want to lose weight you knock off the protein shakes...Anyone know if this is true?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Losing Weight and Protein Shakes
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 09:11:11 PM »
Protein shakes give me the drizzlies.   :-o Therefore they are a violation of Crafty Dog's Principles of Diet "Food is the origin of the feces.  Eat so you defecate well." (c) DBI

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 11:07:58 PM »
I heard from a guy that when you want to lose weight you knock off the protein shakes...Anyone know if this is true?

Short answere "RUN"

Bottom line, burn more calories than you take in...  you will loose weight.

Knock of the protein shakes and you will make your friends happy.  (Less SBD's) :lol:
V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

unstpabl1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 10:21:25 PM »
Actually, I go the other direction. It feels like giving birth. however, I had a great deal of success with Protien Shakes and MRP's in weight lose.. I wish I could digest them and some have no problems with them at all. Digestive enzymes may help

The big reason is their convinient, taste good and balance those sugar cravings. I think your friend was refering to weight gainers as protein powder should be an aide to weight lose. Though good food is a better choice

Loren

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 08:57:47 AM »
Yeah, real food is best regardless of whether you're trying to lose fat, gain muscle, or both.

Specifically with regards to weight loss, as has already been mentioned, many protein powders/drinks have a very high number of calories per serving, particularly the ones called "Weight Gainers" or "Mass" supplements.  I guess there is still some truth still left in advertising, because if you drink the number of servings per day on the labels of those things, you will get massive, however it's mostly going to be in the form of body fat.

Save your money and simply eat a healthy, well balanced diet. You'll feel better and look better. 

Loren

Tex

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 01:54:06 PM »
I've droped weight in the past while taking both protein shakes and bars. So your probably good to go. Don't forget your body will start to eat your own muscle if your doing hardcore cardio and not taking in enough protein.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 02:20:16 PM by Tex »

Maxx

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 10:20:20 AM »
How did you eat along with the shakes?  I mostly eat Lean Turkey Meat and Water...Can's of Tuna...A steak every now and then..And Sea Weed..25 grams of Protein in a small serving of Sea Weed..And Chicken of Corse.

Tex

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 11:05:07 AM »
Okay, what I did was up the cardio, slowly cut back on calories, and eat 5 or so times a day( protein supp. was considered a meal.) And I did eat mostly chicken and tuna, but I did eat red meat to. Also I was using very basic whey supps. no weight gainers of any kind. Just checked an old tub of powder I have sitting around(GNC brand name) and it is 120 cal., 20g of protein per scoop and I was using 2 scoops after my workouts. The bars I used were called Detour, don't have one in front of me and I can't remember how many calories, ect.

Never tried Sea Weed sounds interesting. Where do you buy it?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 02:52:02 PM by Tex »

Maxx

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 03:16:03 PM »
You buy it in the ocean  :roll:  :lol: :wink:  J/k I am lucky enough to make it down to a Japanese Food Market and pick it up..So I would look around there.