Dog Brothers Public Forum
Return To Homepage
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 01:36:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the Dog Brothers Public Forum.
81207 Posts in 2243 Topics by 1046 Members
Latest Member: MikeT
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Dog Brothers Public Forum
|-+  DBMA Martial Arts Forum
| |-+  Martial Arts Topics
| | |-+  The Older Warrior
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: The Older Warrior  (Read 26639 times)
Dog Robertlk808
Power User

« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2014, 10:27:02 PM »

There is a video and slides at the link.

http://quantifiedself.com/2014/06/max-gotzler-testosterone-diet-experiment/

What did I do?
I explored how diet changes influenced my level of free testosterone. In addition, I observed how changes in testosterone related to my mood, sleep and energy level.

How did I do it?
Over the course of one year, I regularly checked my level of free (active) testosterone in saliva and correlated the results to other data I had collected using apps and tracking devices.

What did I learn?
I learned that eliminating carbs from my diet resulted in lower testosterone and adding carbs together with fat and protein increased testosterone. I also learned that sleep was closely tied to my level of testosterone. After good nights of sleep (usually more than 8 hours), my level was elevated the next morning.

"You see, it's not the blood you spill that gets you what you want, it's the blood you share. Your family, your friendships, your community, these are the most valuable things a man can have." Before Dishonor - Hatebreed
Dog Robertlk808
Power User

« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2014, 04:26:48 PM »

Pretty freakin' impressive.

The link should take you to a video of a 73 year "old" man working out.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=456053531164394
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 07:55:02 PM by Crafty_Dog » Logged

"You see, it's not the blood you spill that gets you what you want, it's the blood you share. Your family, your friendships, your community, these are the most valuable things a man can have." Before Dishonor - Hatebreed
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: