Author Topic: Comjuka Kali any good?  (Read 8348 times)

Tex

• View Profile
Comjuka Kali any good?
« on: September 04, 2007, 02:19:06 PM »
Hello friends, I finally found a Kali school in my area, their not in the phonebook so I was surprised when I found their website. But anyways its called Comjuka Kali http://www.comjuka.com/indexmain.htm and I was wondering if you guys and gals have an opinion on this particular style? I've never heard of it and from what I've been reading I guess it has not been around long here in the states. Also what do you all think of Fillipino ground fighting because this strain of Kali seems to use it?

Thanks,
Jason.

Tex

• View Profile
Re: Comjuka Kali any good?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 01:10:31 PM »
Does anybody know anything about Comjuka? I've searched the web and info on it is almost non exsistant. Oh well, I noticed the instructor in my area does private lesson maybe I'll take a few and get a feel for it before enrolling.

Poidog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 06:29:46 PM »
Hey Tex,

If this is the same Comjuka Kali that I had some run ins with about 9 years ago (~1998) in El Paso, TX, I would be very hesitant to recommend it.  Maybe my experience was unique, but I had a very negative experience with Ruby Gaudiosa and one of her students when I was living in Las Cruces, NM.  IMO, the skills demonstrated by one of her instructors was extremely sub par for an instructor in the FMA.  And the cost of training with the organization also left a bad taste.

Again, this is just my opinions based on my experience with the organization.  YMMV.

Aloha, Poi
Who dares wins - British SAS

Tex

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 07:03:39 PM »
Hey Tex,

If this is the same Comjuka Kali that I had some run ins with about 9 years ago (~1998) in El Paso, TX, I would be very hesitant to recommend it.  Maybe my experience was unique, but I had a very negative experience with Ruby Gaudiosa and one of her students when I was living in Las Cruces, NM.  IMO, the skills demonstrated by one of her instructors was extremely sub par for an instructor in the FMA.  And the cost of training with the organization also left a bad taste.

Again, this is just my opinions based on my experience with the organization.  YMMV.

Aloha, Poi

Ruby Gaudiosa in El Paso, yep same group.

Funny thing is, what you said is pretty much exactly the same thing I read on the only other forum I found that had a topic about Comjuka.

Hmm, geuss maybe I'll be going back to the NHB school I was training at last year. And continue working through DB material of course :-D

Thanks for the reply,
Jason