Author Topic: Lonely Dog DVD plans?  (Read 8683 times)

TomFurman

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.physicalstrategies.com
Lonely Dog DVD plans?
« on: September 11, 2007, 06:41:03 PM »
I know Benjamin has done a 'Budo' "Power" tape, and from what I read, a DBMA Conditioning program. What are his plans for commercial DVD's? His structure of KrabiKrabong to Ground and everything in between certainly shows the futuristic morphing of the DB's.

--Tom Furman

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Lonely Dog DVD plans?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 09:51:51 PM »
Woof Tom:

As evinced by Ajarn Salty's KK DVD and Guro Lonely's DVDs for us (the conditioning program to which you refer is a Vid-lesson available to members of the DBMA Ass'n), my joint DVDs with Gabe Suarez-- not to mention the first series by Top Dog!-- you can see that DBMA is not the "Marc Denny Style".  Indeed, "DBMA is a system of many styles dedicated to the proposition of smuggling concepts across the frontiers of style with a mission statement of walking as a warrior for all our days" (c) 

We have several projects in the pipeline at the moment.  "DLO 2: Bringing a gun to a knife fight" featuring Gabe and me should be out in the next couple of weeks, then in fairly short order "Dos Triques" (featuring me) should follow.  "Palm Stick" featuring Guro Lonely has already been shot, but needs coordinating with "Short Impact Weapons" by me.  In the works are "Kali Tudo Clinch", "Kali Tudo Ground", "DLO 3: Empty Hand vs. Knife" and several others.  There is also a project featuring Poi Dog in the beginning stages.

Stay tuned! 

The Adventure continues,
Guro Crafty

PS:  I want to be clear on something-- "His structure of KK to ground to everything in between" is not "his"-- it is Dog Brothers Martial Arts.

TomFurman

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.physicalstrategies.com
Re: Lonely Dog DVD plans?
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 10:38:01 AM »
"His structure of KK to ground to everything in between" is not "his"-- it is Dog Brothers Martial Arts.

My term, "structure" is one I use to differentiate between Frazier and Ali. Their martial art is boxing, their structure's differ. I actually adopted this from DB RCSF tapes, when Crafty showed Eric's "X" as being more of an hourglass. He refers to Eric's "structure", I believe. It is all under the umbrella of DBMA. I would think that Chai Sirisute's structure is different from Buakaw's in terms of Muay Thai as well.

It is just a handy term, and maybe too general.

--Tom Furman

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Kali Fitness
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 09:10:39 AM »
Woof All:

We have begun the process of converting the "DBMAA Vid-lesson: Kali Fitness" featuring Guro Lonely Dog to DVD  8-)

TAC,
Guro Crafty