Dog Brothers Public Forum
Return To Homepage
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 03, 2014, 01:05:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the Dog Brothers Public Forum.
82159 Posts in 2247 Topics by 1047 Members
Latest Member: MikeT
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Dog Brothers Public Forum
|-+  DBMA Martial Arts Forum
| |-+  Martial Arts Topics
| | |-+  Control Position
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Control Position  (Read 1138 times)
TomFurman
Power User

« on: September 27, 2007, 12:54:26 AM »

Tony Blauer does a good job of communication. I have a problem with the "bad guy controls the technique used." This is a Receiver thought process and not the Feeder.
Any other tactical comments are welcome. Remember the limitations of video tape and the difference of live training.

http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFit_BlauerControlTacticsIntro.mov
maija
Power User

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 06:54:09 PM »

What I understood from the comment "the bad guy controls the technique used" was, that depending on which way the guy resists, or what he decides to do next is of no matter, as either "over" or "under" will work (dependent on the direction the "bad guy's" force takes).
Being generally smaller and lighter than most people I work out with, it makes more sense for me to use their force against them instead of using mine.
If I was bigger it would be of no concern, as I could impose my will whatever the situation. Unfortunately this is not so!
I do not perceive the concept as a "receiver" mentality because (in theory smiley ) I already control the situation, I'm just not set on what "technique" to use.

It will seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first.
Miyamoto Musashi.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: