Author Topic: LastOneStanding  (Read 6636 times)

JAYCE

• View Profile
LastOneStanding
« on: October 13, 2007, 09:53:25 AM »
Has  anyone had the opportunity to watch this show(LastOneStanding).It comes on Discovery Channel.This past week the guys went to a Zulu Tribe,received training and competed in their form of stick fighting.No pads,a attack stick in one hand,and a stick with a buckler type shield in the other.It was very interesting to watch.I just wanted to see what everyone else who watched it thought of it.

Maxx

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: LastOneStanding
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 10:39:46 AM »
I feel that the other tribes went soft on the Western Guys..You could tell by the way they attack each other vs. the way they attack and were attacked by the Western guys. It seems just like they were going for shields..

JAYCE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 11:36:40 AM »
I'm pretty sure those tribes men could have won those fights easily.Do you think fighting with that shield would be more of a help or hindrance?

Maxx

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 12:53:38 PM »
I think those shields are helpful but I don't think that those western guys were attacked full steam. It was the same problem I saw with Human weapon..They sold the show to the public as "Our fighters are entering a ring with a real human weapon and they will have to survive a fight with a real human weapon" When in reality the fights were a little more then a Glorified sparring match with really interesting historical background.

The next show in LastOneStanding looks pretty cool. They have to do a Long distance run with very little oxygen..Seems pretty cool.

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 05:41:58 PM »
Made me think of GM Estalilla's Kabaroan 8-)

I like the use of controlling the bleeding head wound with a hand full of dirt.  I think we are all getting soft with all these new health care options...   :wink:

Dean
V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

JAYCE

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 03:41:51 PM »
I do agree with you absolutely about this show and Human Weapon.Which is really disappointing because I want to see how these participants would do against these other fighters.I can respect some of the guys on LastOneStanding for being honest about them not wanted to get injured because they have a family back home to support.On the other side of that though I feel they should have thought about that before agreeing to do the show.I haven't gotten a chance to see the new episode but it does sound good.I also want to see the one coming up that has them do some sort of race carrying what looks like a log.I enjoy,out of these two shows, the different training techniques that they show.

Tom Stillman

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 02:36:13 PM »
Beside all the shortcomings of the show, It must have been very stressfull just being in such a foreign land with strange cultures and customs. I give them credit for forging through it all and risking life and limb in the name of adventure.  P.S. The guy who was thrown onto his head in the first show(I think) could have easily sustained serious injury. With that I feel there was a high level of danger.The fact that the tribesmen held back a little and welcomed them into the tribe afterward shows that it was done in the right spirit!  8-)  DT
Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.  dalai lama