Author Topic: DB Gathering of the Pack August 10th, 2008  (Read 141375 times)

drammel

• View Profile
Re: DB Gathering of the Pack August 10th, 2008
« Reply #200 on: August 29, 2008, 05:35:48 AM »

After years of having to answer the question "Why do I do this?" , I do say it is to prove my manhood, to myself and others.  An assumption of manhood is that you can defend yourself and your loved ones, so you're out there to prove to this yourself.  While a small % of women are able to do this, almost all of full contact fighting, firearms, weightlifting and other physical domination training is the domain of the male.  Why?  Because men are expected to assume the protective, even on the very first date ! 

Given that crime is at a historical low in the USA and the chances of you ever needing these skills is nearly zero, why else do you think you do this?

For fun, to test me skills, to grow physically, mentally, and spiritually. I don't do this to go out and thump my chest and say I am a man. On the other side of the coin I have to admit that it feels good to know that I have gone and "passed" my trial by fire while others are still point sparring. It does "prove my manhood" but it is not the reason I went to fight.

Jogo do Pau

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 31, 2008, 06:24:48 AM »
Hello  Forum. Mark Mosqueira giving a loud bark to Clan & others.I want to Thank all of the warriors that kicked my Ass at the Aug 10 gathering!!!! I had a bruise the size of Florida on my left hip & a beautiful black eye complements of Cory Davis ( Great right hook) Bro. I have to say that all the so called experts trying to explain WHY we do this have no clue & would do well to jump in the mix to explain WHY.WHY? WHY the F not. Every body has there own reasons for battle.Some of us want to belong. Some of us want to test our skills.Some of us over come fear. Some of us just like to hit & be hit.What ever the reason WHY we do this can not be explained by EXPERTS that have no clue what its like to be HIT by a stick!!!!!! The stick & steel are a  powerful tools. We are not a clan of chest thumping Neanderthals looking to beat each other into a bloody pulp were just a group of artists that are in search of truth.Truth is a vast word!!!!! Every body wants to find the meaning of existence.  If you don't know why you must search for the truth.The stick dose not tell lies, when you get hit you know the truth.We are on this plane for a short time
 and  most will only find the meaning WHY @ the moment of our death but i need answers f-in now & getting hit is one step closer to the truth. I'm proud to be associated with what ever the public wants to call us  (crazy,psychos with sticks,Neanderthals, ect.)I want to feel alive & the DB gives me a venue to express my self through good old ASS KICKIN. You don't need a sociobiology degree to answer the question WHY you just need to get hit with 1 inch rattan & all is clear.THE STICK ALWAYS TELLS THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!  Lookin forward to my next beat down.MUCH LUV!!!! WOOF WOOF.  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 08:52:50 PM by Jogo do Pau »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 03, 2008, 07:33:38 AM »
The Reuters coverage of our Gathering has been picked up around the world.  Although it has mostly tapered off by now, here's a new one that chuckled me:

http://www.timesleader.com/features/news_of_the_weird_09-03-2008.html

Tom Stillman

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 05, 2008, 06:18:49 PM »
Glad to see things going well for the dogbrothers org.  I have been focused on my new F.E.M.A inspector gig. Actually I am on call as I speak and expect to be deployed soon after hurricane "IKE" hits the U.S.  As soon as these storms settle, I will have more time to start training and who knows, maybe another gathering left in this old man?  :wink: 
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 07:47:22 PM by Tom Stillman »
Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.  dalai lama

Tom Stillman

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 24, 2008, 10:07:03 PM »
Just returned after 20 days working New Orleans la (interesting people) and the gang infested neighborhoods of Baton Rouge. Glad to get out of that one with my life! :|  In 2 weeks  working Texas (IKE) It can't get worse than Baton rouge. Can it.   The adventure continues. 8-)
Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.  dalai lama

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 25, 2008, 02:23:41 AM »
Not sure why you posted in this thread :-D Tom but glad you made it out.

Any  good stories?

Tom Stillman

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 26, 2008, 07:46:57 AM »
No.  Just sad ones.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 26, 2008, 05:01:31 PM »
If you are so inclined, please feel free to start a thread and share them.