Author Topic: full contact medicine  (Read 5482 times)

teetsao

• View Profile
full contact medicine
« on: January 16, 2008, 09:03:29 PM »
i study chinese herbs,especially martial and healing formulas. i noticed another post about "quick clot". there is a better and more potent formula available from the chinese herb shop, "yunan bai yao".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yunnan_Bai_Yao          http://www.wholehorse.com/forms/Yunnan%20Bai%20Yao%20%20-%20first%20aid.pdf

this is one of the best stop bleeding formulas money can buy.it not only stops bleeding but speeds the healing process dramatically. i  have used it numerous times.
also another big injury is the "hematoma" "goose egg" bruising. most dr.s' will do nothing for this except ice and advil. ice is not to be used on bruises. yes it might slow the swelling,but it also congeals the blood,lymph and chi, causing blood stasis. most usa doctors do not consider bruising to be serious, but the chinese regard bruising as serious and to be dealt with. most will say the cogealed blood will reabsorb into the sytem. if left untreated serious bruises can become just that, and can cause problems later in life. the remedy? dit da jow (fall hit wine). maybe some of you have heard of this. i did not see any post abut it yet, but i could have missed it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dit_Da_Jow

i brew my own in, 1gal, 2gal. and 5gal. batches. i train in iron skills, and certain jows are musts in this discipline. i owuld like to offer crafty some free  samples of jow to try for bumps , bruises and even aching sore joints. i hope this helps someone, and if you are interested in samples contact me.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: full contact medicine
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 05:21:17 AM »
Woof Teetsao:

Very kind of you!

Please use the address here on the website:

Marc Denny
Dog Brothers Martial Arts
703 Pier Ave #664
Hermosa Beach, CA 90254

My email address is Craftydog@dogbrothers.com

TAC!
CD

scomith

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 12:59:15 PM »
I posted information about making your own "trauma wine" about a year and a half ago. It might only be in the members area, but search 'trauma wine' and see what you get.

I am a licensed acupuncturist and herbalist who has many 'brews' at home and in the clinic. I use them all the time. Most people don't realize that these external liniments can be used before workout as well: they move qi and blood, strengthen tendons and sinews, warm an area "invaded by cold" and so forth. They are also very easy to make, but an experienced herbalist should always be consulted before concocting anything.

Before applying, to the skin, one must know the stage of trauma, hot or cold and other key Traditional Chinese Medicine basics to ensure that the external is the right external.

Crafty, apply a small amount on skin to see if any contact dermatitis occurs before putting it all over.

Teetsao, please contact me if you'd like to talk more about herbs.

Scott

teetsao

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 01:53:23 PM »
no fear crafty,  am not just throwing herbs together,nor am i a neophite. i have instruction from a chinese herbalist and friend in st. louis. i inherite almost all of my formulas from grounded reputable kung fu masters and practioners.shaolin,white tiger,bagua and a few other systems. i have used these linaments on ,myself and others for years.

scomith

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 06:31:32 AM »
One GREAT external liniment that is easy to purchase is Zheng Gu Shui.

It is wonderful for injuries, arthritis, bruises...

A Google search will tell you where to locate it or purchase online.

This is a medicine cabinet or stick bag essential!

Scott