Author Topic: Check out this guy's progress.  (Read 7262 times)

TomFurman

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.physicalstrategies.com
Check out this guy's progress.
« on: March 29, 2008, 01:41:25 PM »
I've watched this guy train over the last year. This YouTube I posted is the whole year. Beyond incredible.
http://www.physicalstrategies.com/i-believe-in-training-do-you.htm#respond

--Tom

thai70

• View Profile
very inspirational.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 06:07:48 PM »
that was amazing.  i have been kicking around the idea of getting the YRG videos, that is a clincher.  i have tendonitis in both elbows, a torn posterior tibial tendon in the left foot, a bad back, right knee acl reconstruction, right shoulder rotator cuff reconstruction, and a seperated left shoulder.  this looks like something that could bring gains without aggrevating all the injuries. 
tom, any thought on which videos to pick up?
tommy

Howling Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Check out this guy's progress.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 06:50:41 PM »
Thai70, I had a ruptured posterior tibial tendon. It was surgicaly reattached, 12 weeks non weight bearing......but 1 1/2 years later holding up well.
My foot doc. does not want me running or any excessive pounding on it. I'am glad my doc. reattached the tendon and gave it a chance, my other alternative would have been to fuse my foot in place.
I just wanted you to know this is a serious injury.......needs to be well cared for.
                                                         TG
Sorry to muddy the thread.
I too was really impressed with the guy!! :-o
Howling Dog

TomFurman

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.physicalstrategies.com
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 09:38:47 PM »
I got the three pack of YRG. 20 min, 40 min, and 60 min. You may want to start easier if you are banged up. Good stuff.
---Tom

michael

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 04:55:09 PM »
I bought the YRG Fat Burner Plus (the hardest one, 60 minutes) after seeing it posted here. After I got it, I posted about my thoughts on warriortalk, and a bunch of the guys over there have bought the YRG DVD's and are really liking them. I've spoken with DDP by phone, and he is a great guy. I am a big believer in YRG after doing it, and have just ordered the heart monitor and 20 and 40 minute DVD's. It is a great adjunct to your normal workouts, and as DDP says, "to turn back the hands of time". I believe it can do that, and flexibility training is one of the best things we can do as we age (I'm 47). I know that Grimel, who posts here, has been doing it as well and really likes it.

YRG is not your mother's ohm muttering, birkenstock wearing, earth biscuit Yoga. It is all about strength and flexibility, and it gives you a good cardio workout in the process.

Arthur Boorman, the guy in the video, is a true inspiration. What he accomplished in a years time is nothing short of amazing, and he is now one of the best ambassadors for the YRG program.
***Look at a man in the midst of doubt and danger, and you will determine in his hour of adversity what he really is***

boomvark

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 09:47:03 AM »
YRG is not your mother's ohm muttering, birkenstock wearing, earth biscuit Yoga. It is all about strength and flexibility, and it gives you a good cardio workout in the process.

You make a really good point here!  I've always avoided yoga precisely because of the "ohm muttering" and so forth, but this video has got me interested enough to give it a try,

Tom, thank you for posting this!