Author Topic: Telescopic Batons  (Read 8757 times)

Maxx

• Power User
    • View Profile
Telescopic Batons
« on: April 03, 2008, 06:13:46 PM »
I just picked up a 26 inch Telescopic Asp Baton. I was wondering if anyone has any experiance with one and are they even worth using in self defence?

rio

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Telescopic Batons
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 09:46:18 PM »
unless ur l.e.o. or security u need a c.c.w.. more or less just a short stick. don't try to jab with the tip, it'll collapse on u. if you do, brace with the off hand and drive on a downward angle

Growling Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 12:58:06 AM »
i have a few friend whom work for  toronto housing they have told me for single strikes they are a good tool however if you start swinging it they may close on you
but you can still use it collapsed ( punyo) it has a good weight behind it. 
those who do not listen learn through feeling

rio

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 07:41:53 AM »
yeah my first stikes were usually pressure ponit hammer fists with my finger on the tip to keep it from opening to soon. the key is to give it a good snap upon presentation. a bit pschological too, almost like the sound of a shotgun rack

gage092879

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 08:06:19 AM »
used one overseas many times.  seems to get the job done.

Maxx

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 08:34:46 AM »
So then they have great reviews?
Rio. You used to be a Police Officer, Correct?
You never had a bad experiance and can they take a impact and put one out?

SB_Mig

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 10:14:58 AM »
You need a CA Guard Card, plus ASP specific training to carry an ASP baton. Otherwise, you're looking at a felony.

Maxx

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 11:12:30 AM »
I was just talking about home use. I always wanted one and I don't plan on taking it outside my house.

Maxx

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 12:17:05 PM »
And on that note. I would love to get my hands on a 30-31' Komegong Stick but I only find them on 26-28

Maxx

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 12:07:01 PM »
Well I got my Telescopic Baton from J and L and I went out in my home gym and started messing with it and going though drills. Needless to say that I would never..Ever..Want to get hit with this thing. The problem is everything is going for this thing. Its made out of Some really super hard steel. It has some massive impact speed and everything is weighted in the handle so you can move this thing around with unholy speed.

The whole item is steel all the way down to the handle so Punyo work would be really Devastating.

Oh..And the Handle is a non slip rubber compound grip..So this thing is not going anywhere.

I tried all the above concernes..I swung it hard hitting my tire and bag and it never collapsed in. It actually seemed like it was harder to get to close back in on itself lol!

You can also by some really cool attachements to put on the end of your baton.

1) a LED light
2) a steel Punch
3) A wrist lock
4) a look around mirror
And some other crazy toys.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 12:08:50 PM by Maxx »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 04:38:35 PM »
Maxx:

Please forgive the advertisement, but our 28" kamagongs can be found at
http://dogbrothers.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=126&osCsid=f6647807fc37155892d6b4894859b855

Yip!
CD

Tony Torre

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 09:06:40 AM »
An aquaintance of mine was in downtown Miami when he was approached by a very aggressive homeless man which was trying to get some money out of him. My friend told him no and opened his coat exposing the butt of his gun.  The bum said "what, your going to shoot me!" He continued with some profanity and said he couln't shoot an unarmed man blah, blah, blah.  At that my friend whipped open his telescopic baton and the bad guy disappeared. 

Yes, yes, I know my friend used some questionable tactics. The point is sometimes and intermediate force weapon is very desirable since sometimes we shouldn't shoot the bad guy.  Another strong point my friend made was that the last thing he wanted to do was tussle with the guy since then it would become a gun retention issue not to mention the guy may have been carrying a disease.  He was filthy and possibly a drug addict.

Tony Torre
Miami Arnis Group
www.miamiarnisgroup.com 
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 09:13:15 AM by Tony Torre »