Author Topic: Quick Personal Inventory...  (Read 13076 times)

Guide Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • Stoops Martial Arts Academy
Quick Personal Inventory...
« on: April 15, 2008, 08:57:46 AM »
Answer the following quick questions about yourself:

One area of my training that I currently feel good about is: Having multiple sources of great martial arts information coming in

One are of my training that I need to improve is: Not letting my work dampen my spirits for that evening's training

One area of my character that is currently thriving is: My commitment to my family

One area of my character that needs improvement is: Feeling like my work matters

A style of martial art in which I excel, or an area of my game that I feel like is thriving right now is: I'm feeling pretty good about my understanding of ranges at this point in my development

If I could, I would devote more hours to this martial art or area of my game as a whole: Shoot Wrestling

As your best possible coach, write a quick, positive message to yourself: Relax into the person you want to become.  Enjoy the journey and the moment.  To steal from Gandhi, become the change that you wish to see in the world.
Dr. Bryan Stoops, Ed.D.
Semi-Private/Private Instruction
Offered in Chino Hills, California
JKD/FMA/Silat/muay Thai/DBMA,
Savate/Wing Chun/grappling
http://stoops-martial-arts-academy.com/
bryan@stoopsma.com

SB_Mig

Re: Quick Personal Inventory...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 09:27:33 AM »
Answer the following quick questions about yourself:

One area of my training that I currently feel good about is: Easy access to training materials. My cardio condition and ability to think outside the box.

One area of my training that I need to improve is: Finding consistent training partners

One area of my character that is currently thriving is: My commitment to my friends and family

One area of my character that needs improvement is: Knowing when to keep my mouth shut and let people dig their own (figurative) graves.

A style of martial art in which I excel, or an area of my game that I feel like is thriving right now is: JKD continues to treat me well. I'm feeling comfortable in different ranges and with my angles of attack

If I could, I would devote more hours to this martial art or area of my game as a whole: Groundwork and dirty boxing

As your best possible coach, write a quick, positive message to yourself: Patience will work wonders. Relax, breathe, and advance.

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 11:45:10 AM »
Answer the following quick questions about yourself;

One area of my training that I currently feel good about is:

One area of my training that I need to improve is:

One area of my character that is currently thriving is:

One area of my character that needs improvement is:

A style of martial art in which I excel, or an area of my game that I feel like is thriving right now is:

As your best possible coach, write a quick, positive message to yourself:

V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 11:59:28 AM »
 8-)

Answer the following quick questions about yourself;

One area of my training that I currently feel good about is: Self control

One area of my training that I need to improve is: All of it... I suck -  :-P I am never satisfied...  (I glory in this always seeking improvement)

One area of my character that is currently thriving is: Open mindedness and willingness to share all that I know with my students that display good intent.

One area of my character that needs improvement is: Tact

A style of martial art in which I excel, or an area of my game that I feel like is thriving right now is: Kajukenbo

As your best possible coach, write a quick, positive message to yourself:  Keep moving, stay progressive and always receive the tea with an empty cup.  Represent your family with Honor and Integrity never forget that "Myself is Always Watching".

Woof!
 8-)

V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com