Author Topic: Blade Assistance  (Read 7966 times)

Fully Caffein8ed

• View Profile
Blade Assistance
« on: August 29, 2003, 06:58:38 PM »
Greeting all.

I am shopping for a decent, edged, strong balisong. However, I cannot (at this point) rationalize dropping $100+ on a knife.

Can anyone advise me on some good, affordable options (and maybe dealers).

As usual, much appreciated.

-SD
------------------------------------------------------
The way to a man's heart is through his sternum.

Fully Caffein8ed

• View Profile
Additionally...
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2003, 07:38:48 PM »
I've heard much debate over what types and sizes of blades are legal to carry without a concealed weapons permit. In these discussions I've heard arguments from some who say balisongs are illegal to carry and some who say they are perfectly legal.

Knowing that laws vary from state to state, can anyone shed some educated light on this matter?

Thanks...
------------------------------------------------------
The way to a man's heart is through his sternum.

Ed

• View Profile
Blade Assistance
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2003, 02:20:03 PM »
well i dont know about US policies about carring a balisong but mexico its pretty easy to carry one and no one will say nothing about it and no registration asked... but again its Mexico hehe

hope you can find that answer soon
see ya soon
see ya next post, best regards

Ed

Stickgrappler

• Power User
  • "...grappling happens. It just does." - Top Dog
    • View Profile
    • Stickgrappler's Sojourn of Septillon Steps
Blade Assistance
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2003, 09:16:12 AM »
woof:

try http://www.packing.org for laws. also check out your state attorney general's website. they should have laws there also.

in NY, balisong's are not considered fixed or folding blades but considered like switchblades, therefore it's illegal. fixed or folding blades of 4" or less are legal.

good luck in your search.

HTH.
"A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, and good stickgrappling and can keep track of all three simultaneously. This is a good trick and can be quite effective." - Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny

Anonymous

Blade Assistance
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2003, 01:39:25 AM »
SD,
Look into making your own knives.  You can get all the equipment and materials you need to make one with under $50.  You can even work your way up to some beautiful Damascus steel butterfly knives.  I'm planning on having a professional bladesmith build me a Damascus NCO sword when I pick up Corporal.

fgb

• View Profile
butterfly knives
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2003, 05:56:23 AM »
hey you can get online and get a bfk from jaguar knives their pretty good and around 20 or so bucks in florada its not a good idea to wander around with a bali especialy a pricy one if you get a cheap bfk cheack out the pins that hold the blade to the handles if thier copper as most you can modify a piece of stainless steel for pins I can help you with that with a walk through if you need but to carry definitly pay less than 30 bucks for cops love to get a new knife even if your not trying to kill another person I have gotten into a couple of messes not doing anything wrong just having a bfk can cost you even if its your work knife
there is more to kali than kali itself