Author Topic: DLO 1 and 2.  (Read 4764 times)

medicmatt

• View Profile
DLO 1 and 2.
« on: May 22, 2008, 01:16:09 PM »
I'm looking into getting the Die less often pair, but only have marginal interest in the gun aspect of it.  How well does it translate over to knife vs. knife which is far more likely for me???

Any suggestions of other material?  I have a taste of Sayoc but it is very technical and I don't have the time or money to put into a ton of training hours.

Hawke

• View Profile
Re: DLO 1 and 2.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 09:29:58 PM »
Greetings Matt,

I have both DLO 1 and 2. 

The material in DLO 1 is awesome.  This is a 3 DVD set.  The first 2 are packed the info on a two day seminar.  The 3rd DVD has bonus material with interviews of Gabe Suarez and Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny.

Do you have a training buddy? One thing to have the knowledge in your head, it's another thing to have your body do the moves.  Your training partner can help you here.  You will definitely want to test out the material.  You need to know you can do the techniques before you encounter a bad situation.  Nothing is guaranteed.  You are trying to increase your probability to survive.

The reason I got the DLO series:

1) Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny (it's his name and reputation on the line).  I have met the man and respect his skill and knowledge.

2) The reviews I read from LEOs (law enforcement officers).

3) I wanted to learn a default application to deal with a knife in the real world.

I am currently in finals so I did not finish watching DLO 2.  The little I have seen impressed me.  I have not heard of Gabe Suarez until this DVD. 

I'm in the process of writing a review of DLO 1 for another internet forum and will be finished after my finals.

michael

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
Re: DLO 1 and 2.
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 07:06:33 PM »
DLO 1 and 2 are both awesome DVDs. You really need to see DLO 1 before DLO 2, because they do compliment each other. They have some gun material in them, but most of it is geared toward defending against up close and personal knife attacks, and they both offer lifesaving material. They are must haves, IMO.
***Look at a man in the midst of doubt and danger, and you will determine in his hour of adversity what he really is***