DBMA Martial Arts Forum > Martial Arts Topics

Knife for Self Defense

<< < (6/14) > >>

Crafty_Dog:
Which is why I (not David) inserted the change.

David:
I agree...it's a much better title Crafty came up with...

maija:
Aaah ....very good. Thanks Guro Crafty.

Tony Torre:
Okay, So lets re-work this thread into a how, when and why we might use a knife for practical self defense.  I carry two knives usually.  A spyderco endura for general use and a cold steel vaquero grande for more "serious" applications.  I find them light and easy to carry.  They've become part of my daily attire.

Tony Torre
Miami Arnis Group
www.miamiarnisgroup.com

Crafty_Dog:
Apparently wee-hours street confrontation focused on who had bigger knife
By Kate Paul, KTVZ.COM

A would-be victim of a knife-wielding burglar on a southeast Bend street early Saturday morning turned the tables - pulling out a larger knife of his own - and the assailant then ran away, the teen told police.

Officers responded around 2:30 a.m. to the area of Southeast Third Street and Vine Lane (north of Wilson) on the report of an attempted armed robbery with a knife, said Sgt. Tom Pine.

The victim, Jeremy Meade, 18, of Bend, reported being confronted by an unknown suspect with a knife who demanded his wallet, Pine said.
But the teen refused to comply with demands.

Sgt. Andy Homan told NewsChanel 21, "When the subject confronted him, he had what (Meade) called a smaller knife. And apparently, our victim was carrying a larger knife, and he brandished it back - I'm guessing in (self) defense - and apparently that thwarted the robbery."
"And the suspect thought twice and ran off," Homan said.

The suspect ran north toward the Third Street underpass, and Meade called 911, Homan said, but police were unable to locate the suspect. Pine said he faces likely charges of first-degree attempted robbery, unlawful use of a weapon and menacing.

The suspect description is limited - a white male adult, about 6 feet tall, with medium build. Anyone with information that could help in the case was asked to contact police.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version