Author Topic: another new guy  (Read 6126 times)

tempe_ty

• View Profile
another new guy
« on: August 28, 2008, 07:55:44 PM »
screen name - tempe ty
real name - tyrone or (ty)
location - tempe az
race - black
age - 42
height - 5'11"
weight - 240lbs

just saying whats up to the forum. seen the gathering of the dogs on the discovery channel i think? and love the philosophy behind the gathering. i'm hoping to attend and participate in the next gathering with my nunchaku's if possible. not that i'm any good with them, would just like to use them in a actual fight instead of just swinging them looking like i know how to use them. lol. i'm also going to buy a set of sticks and start swinging them. i've had some tae kwon doo and kenpo training when i was younger. but that was many moons ago. :mrgreen: 

califkali

• View Profile
Re: another new guy
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 08:21:22 PM »
Welcome Ty, I am sure you would get many willing to go sticks vs. chucks. Buy a stick and the dvd attacking blocks.     Craig

Guide Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • Stoops Martial Arts Academy
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 11:53:17 PM »
Welcome Ty,

I second califkali's recommendation: You should work on some stick skills and try to get in a few stick fights to go along with your nunchaku fights!  Sounds good to me to explore the reality of fighting against the 'chucks.  Hope to see you at a Gathering soon. Welcome to the boards.

Guide Dog
Dr. Bryan Stoops, Ed.D.
Semi-Private/Private Instruction
Offered in Chino Hills, California
JKD/FMA/Silat/muay Thai/DBMA,
Savate/Wing Chun/grappling
http://stoops-martial-arts-academy.com/
bryan@stoopsma.com

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 05:39:09 AM »
We have had a nunchux player do rather well (Tom Furman was it?) and look forward to your participation.

tempe_ty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 04:30:35 PM »
oh i definitely plan on doing some stick fighting, that's my main objective. the chucks came to mind after i was in my man cave and seen them just hanging there off my shelf.

Tom Stillman

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 06:10:23 PM »
Hey tempe ty, Crafty may have been referring to me (nunchux player). If so, Thank you Crafty, for the kind words.  It would be cool to see another nunchux player(I like that) 8-) enter the dog brothers arena. Good luck to you and all the brothers. Looking forward to seeing more mixed weapons in the future?
Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.  dalai lama

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 09:18:15 PM »
Yup Tom, you were the one of whom I was thinking!  Folks you can see a very nice double chux by Tom vs. Top Dog in the "DB Gathering of the Pack" DVD.