Dog Brothers Public Forum
Return To Homepage
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 11:42:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the Dog Brothers Public Forum.
81206 Posts in 2243 Topics by 1046 Members
Latest Member: MikeT
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Dog Brothers Public Forum
|-+  DBMA Martial Arts Forum
| |-+  Martial Arts Topics
| | |-+  Count Dante?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Count Dante?  (Read 4485 times)
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« on: November 11, 2005, 08:58:22 AM »

All:
A documentary maker has asked for my assistance:  Has anyone heard of "Count Dante" and if so, what can you tell me?

TIA
CD
milt
Frequent Poster

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 09:58:00 AM »

http://www.count-dante.com/count.html

-milt
Sheep Dog
Frequent Poster

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 10:05:05 AM »

Count Dante (John Keehan)...whew, where to begin, definately one of the more colorful characters in modern martial arts history.

I would start here:

http://www.e-budo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11300&highlight=count+dante

The man did dojo storming, tried to blow up other schools, and one of his students died at spear point following a dojo fight gone very wrong.

-Never Mistake Patience and Tolerance for Weakness-
Sekiya

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 10:37:10 AM »

I have one of his Dim Mak books form the 1970's. According to thius book, he is the deadliest man to ever walk the face of the earth. He can kill you with opne touch. I'll have to dig it up for more details.

Glen Isobe
Tony Torre
Power User

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 10:50:58 AM »

Crafty,

I don't know if this is still helpful but here's a link.

http://johnkeehan.blogspot.com/

Tony Torre
Miami Arnis Group
www.miamiarnisgroup.com
Sekiya

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 01:23:47 PM »

That is one scary blog. I may or may not go back to read more. It's a documentary project?

Glen Isobe
Tom Stillman
Power User

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 01:53:50 PM »

Hey Crafty. I think this site has more useful, detailed info. on the Count.   huh  This guy was off the hook !   Dog Tom                                                                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_Dante                  
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 02:38:22 PM by Tom Stillman » Logged

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.  dalai lama
G M
Power User

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 02:01:26 PM »

Crafty can adopt "Count Dog-te" as his new nom de guerre.  grin
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 04:40:34 PM »

Actually I am kind of partial to "the Dogfather" cheesy

BTW, there is a colorful story from the 70s about GT Leo Gaje and the Count , , , wink
Tom Stillman
Power User

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 07:27:58 PM »

Legal stuff involving Dante, copyrights and Floyd Webb                                                                                                                                            http://www.boingboing.net/2007/12/03/documentarian-of-dea.html

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.  dalai lama
Tom Stillman
Power User

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 08:30:14 PM »

Maybe this is the infamous fight club that Frank Dux claimed to be part of. I remember him (Dux) years ago, mentioning something about Black Dragon Society.   Also the dance of death was mentioned. Hmmm. huh                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-Bqb5pT5N0                                                                                                                             
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 08:32:31 PM by Tom Stillman » Logged

G M
Power User

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 09:20:28 PM »

Wasn't Dux shown to be an outright fraud ?
Stickgrappler
Power User

"...grappling happens. It just does." - Top Dog

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 10:13:02 PM »

Actually I am kind of partial to "the Dogfather" cheesy

[begin Guro Crafty voice]

...after all, D-O-G spelled backwards is ...

[/voice]

lol @ me... ages ago Guro Crafty was giving a staff seminar which was hosted by Guro Raw Dog and i was fortunate enough to attend... one portion was going over the ILK angles of attack with the staff and Guro Crafty mentioned IIRC that the angles of attack were like the alphabet... now that we learned D-O-G, we can come up with our own, like D-O-G spelled backwards. don't know why, that just blew me over right then and there lol

BTW, there is a colorful story from the 70s about GT Leo Gaje and the Count , , , wink

i know better than to ask you to enlighten us about GT Gaje and the Count... lol

"A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, and good stickgrappling and can keep track of all three simultaneously. This is a good trick and can be quite effective." - Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny
tankerdriver
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 10:15:36 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_Dante#Count_Dante.2C_.22The_Deadliest_Man_Alive.22

Check him out on wikipedia.org. Lots of links.
Jonobos
Power User

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 10:21:16 PM »

This thread reads like a bunch of bigfoot stories.

Frank Dux was the guy from that "blood sport"  movie right? He is a real person?

Wild stuff Tongue

When life gives you lemons make lemonade
When life gives you hemlock, do NOT make hemlockade!
G M
Power User

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 10:28:34 PM »

Frank Dux is a real person, the stuff from "Bloodsport" and other things are not true, as I understand. Anyone know more?
Tom Stillman
Power User

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 10:37:46 PM »

Ya, I know all about that. I don't claim to be a ninja or any other far out stories. I was just a stoner kid looking for something to do that was more constructive and healthy. Martial arts was an easy choice. It seemed interesting and I met allot of cool people (same with DB's) and got in shape. Dux school just happened to be in the neighborhood thats all. Any claims I make, I make sure I can back up with proof. How other people conduct their lives is not my business nor concern, as it should be! I have to admit, It is a bit of a novelty for me that, I was connected with the school for a number of years (81-83) and many times trained under Dux himself.  I am much more proud of the fact that I had my chances to play in the dog brothers arena. Those will be the richest moments to look back on and say to myself. You were one crazy MO-FO! cool
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 10:53:41 PM by Tom Stillman » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: