Dog Brothers Public Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2016, 06:47:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the Dog Brothers Public Forum.
97945 Posts in 2334 Topics by 1082 Members
Latest Member: James
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Dog Brothers Public Forum
|-+  Politics, Religion, Science, Culture and Humanities
| |-+  Politics & Religion
| | |-+  The United Nations/ US Sovereignty/International Law
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: The United Nations/ US Sovereignty/International Law  (Read 61129 times)
Power User

« Reply #250 on: October 13, 2016, 12:43:13 PM »

"It was the last event that I'm going to be doing as first lady for Let Girls Learn and I had the pleasure of spending hours talking to some of the most amazing young women you will ever meet young girls here in the U.S. and all around the world. And we talked about their hopes and their dreams. We talked about their aspirations. See many of these girls have faced unthinkable obstacles just to attend school. Jeopardizing their personal safety, their freedom, risking the rejection of their families and communities. So, I thought it would be important to remind these young women how valuable and precious they are.

I wanted them to understand that the measure of any society is how it treats its women and girls."

Spoken like the wife of the new head of the United Nations. Nice adjustment to Gandhi's quote as well, assuming women to be inherently "vulnerable."

It's all a matter of perspective.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: