Author Topic: DLO 3  (Read 47098 times)

Point Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: DLO 3
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2010, 12:55:24 AM »
First shipment of orders went out on Saturday.   :-D

Yep, got my shipping confirmation. Now I just hope that customs don't hold my order to ransom! [Import tax, what are these fake knives for, that sort of thing...]

Bandolero

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2010, 10:24:18 AM »
A review I came across from a gun oriented forum:

---------------------------------------

Once again a DLO DVD sets the standard for street combat survival.

To me at least, the information and concepts in these types of DVDs is priceless, if even one element of the mental schema promoted or the physical positioning/response saves you from eating a blade during the opening moment of an attack/planned attack. That opening moment is often where and when your future will be decided.

What I like most about the DLO series is that it gives the average guy who may not have spent his life training in martial arts/etc. a place to start training from or operating from in a very reality-based manner. The concepts presented, especially if practiced, should serve you well in better preparing yourself for crunch time when it arrives. Notice I didn't say "if." Because if is just too...iffy.

The video clips of real incidents which very clearly show violence in action as it would be on the street, not on television, are also invaluable.

And I'll tell you this much. Several years ago I had occasion to try and stab the crap out of Crafty Dog in a training scenario. His foot mobility, as well as his ability to use his limbs and hands made it very difficult for me to get in any shots on him. I sincerely believe that had I been using a live blade it would have been just as difficult to penetrate sufficiently to have delivered devastating shots. To me that speaks volumes about the efficacy of the material that he is offering.

Anyway, I give DLO-3 a big thumbs up.
"This is a war, and we are soldiers. Death can come for us at any time, in any place." ~ Morpheus

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2010, 11:29:41 AM »
An example of the feedback we are getting on DLO-3:

=====================================

To Mister Marc Denny and the exceptional staff of Dog Brothers Martial Arts

I just finished watching the promo for Die Less Often 3.  I am once again amazed at the level of care for the viewers your team has.  Not only are the techniques presented in clear, concise, and effective displays but they are also shown with the real world after effects of a violent encounter.

The scene of the promo that impressed me the most was the moment where Mister Denny addresses the camera and speaks about "perhaps this is someone i can never again let be a threat to me.  This becomes a very powerful motion.  Or perhaps this is someone who is sick, and I have the opportunity to save a life by giving a life."

All too often in our path as martialists we encounter the chest beating machismo-ist or style-pride-bound devotee.  Both do us a disservice in the eyes of the public from whom we are already alienated.

Thank you for continuing to produce such high quality material with the proper martial spirit.

Sincerely,

James M Bell
Sarasota Florida.