Author Topic: Akita Tactical "Things tactical and practical" (tm)  (Read 8550 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Akita Tactical "Things tactical and practical" (tm)
« on: January 18, 2018, 01:08:10 PM »
Woof All:

As some of you may have heard, with my partner Kevin Carr as Chief Design Officer, we have founded "Akita Tactical" with a mission of "Things Tactical and Practical".

We start with knives, both fighting and kitchen, but coming soon will be some ingenious holsters and knife sheaths and quite a bit more.

Our website is now open! Go to www.akitatactical.com and sign up.  We should begin taking orders in about two weeks!

"Things tactical and practical!"
Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny
President

PS:  see e.g. https://www.akitatactical.com/design-intent/

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Frankie McRae endorsement of Akita & Shiba knives
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 10:37:36 PM »

To: Marc Denny
Subject: New knives

Marc, wanted thank you for sending me the Knives. I really like them and see many new developments with the integration of the Gun-Knife-Hand fighting. Especially for the Low Visibility and Covert Carry Techniques we teach. The Handle design allows for superb retention of the Knife while fighting with other weapons and systems. I carry it now on my battle belt, as an integral part of my kit and train many on its uses.   

Frankie McRae
Director of Training
Raidon Tactics
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 10:39:16 PM by Crafty_Dog »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Akita Tactical "Things tactical and practical" (tm)
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 02:10:29 AM »
Marc:
I would like to compliment you on your recent developments in Close Quarter Combatives:

First, there is the knife material you call "The Chupacabra".  I find it to be ingenious in its primal intensity and lethal efficiency-- just the sort of thing do when you have to go RIGHT NOW in conditions of maximal intensity.

This applies to civilians or to professionals in kit.

Second, there are the knives of your design.  I carry the larger version, the Akita, which is the  military version, on my battle belt.  I can give no greater compliment!

For civilians, the slightly smaller and distinctly flatter version, the Shiba, is probably the way to go.

Not only does the ingenious handle design, found on both knives, allow for ready access when the fight is already underway, it also makes for an unusually secure grip in high adrenal circumstances.  No fear of sliding down onto the blade when a thrust hits something hard, even when the handle is slippery from blood.

Third, there is your integration of gun and knife for when the gun goes click instead of bang.  Not only does your ingenious transition to blade allow for ready and rapid lethality, it also enables returning to the gun to bring it back into battery without having to resheath the knife back first. Not having to find the sheath (which probably entails taking your eyes off of adversaries) and insert the knife without stabbing yourself during a firefight because you can return the gun to battery without having to resheathe the knife can be a real life saver!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 02:12:49 AM »
GM:

At the moment I cannot get into the DBMA Assn forum.  May I ask you to post the preceding on a relevant thread and to let the guys know I should be back online in the next day or so?

TY

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 03:49:52 PM »
GM:

At the moment I cannot get into the DBMA Assn forum.  May I ask you to post the preceding on a relevant thread and to let the guys know I should be back online in the next day or so?

TY

Done.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2020, 07:30:49 PM »
Thank you.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2020, 07:45:55 PM »
Thank you.

Anytime. Who sent it to you?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2020, 04:48:24 AM »
Whoops!  I should  have mentioned that!   :oops: :lol:

Frankie McRae.