Dog Brothers Public Forum

HOME | PUBLIC FORUM | MEMBERS FORUM | INSTRUCTORS FORUM | TRIBE FORUM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 13, 2016, 01:07:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the Dog Brothers Public Forum.
92696 Posts in 2301 Topics by 1080 Members
Latest Member: Tedbo
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Dog Brothers Public Forum
|-+  Politics, Religion, Science, Culture and Humanities
| |-+  Politics & Religion
| | |-+  The Cognitive Dissonance of His Glibness
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] Print
Author Topic: The Cognitive Dissonance of His Glibness  (Read 338070 times)
DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #1700 on: November 20, 2015, 11:25:26 AM »

More from Gallup:
--44 percent approved of Obama’s handling of the economy, and 54 disapproved.

--44 percent approved of Obama’s handling of healthcare policy and 54 percent disapproved.

--37 percent approved of Obama’s handling of foreign affairs and 59 percent disapproved.

--30 percent approved of Obama's handling of ISIS and 64 percent disapproved.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/186647/approval-obama-handling-economy-healthcare.aspx?g_source=Politics&g_medium=newsfeed&g_campaign=tiles

Upside down by 10 points on domestic issues.  Upside down by 22 points or more on foreign policy.

Glad I'm not running for Obama's 3rd term.  Isn't Obama's foreign (and domestic) policy also Hillary's?
DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #1701 on: November 20, 2015, 05:36:53 PM »

To crossword puzzle players around the world,
'ISIL' and 'ISIS' may start showing up in crossword puzzles under the following clue:
     4 letter word for 'Obama legacy'.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 05:38:36 PM by DougMacG » Logged
ppulatie
Power User

« Reply #1702 on: November 21, 2015, 11:13:40 AM »

C-SPAN is now asking the question............is Obama Muslim? Personally, with all of the Obama "gaffes" suggesting that he was Muslim, his willing appeasement of Muslim fanatics, his statements that he would support Muslims over the US, I have held the low information voter opinion that he is in fact Muslim.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/11/c-span-asks-question-did-president-obama-just-admit-he-was-muslim-video/

PPulatie
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1703 on: November 21, 2015, 12:23:06 PM »

shocked shocked shocked

In a related vein , , , http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/09/flashback-jeremiah-wright-i-made-it-comfortable-for-obama-to-accept-christianity-without-having-to-renounce-islam-video-report/
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 03:00:56 PM by Crafty_Dog » Logged
DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #1704 on: November 23, 2015, 10:43:36 AM »

Gallows humor I suppose, but funny in a way that Assad will outlast Obama.

In fairness, Iran's nuclear program outlasted Bush-Cheney.

DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #1705 on: November 23, 2015, 11:01:39 AM »

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-us-not-relent-islamic-state-campaign-080929228--politics.html#

"ISIS cannot strike a mortal blow" against the U.S.(still the J_V team), and he warned [against] overreacting to the Paris attacks
G M
Power User

« Reply #1706 on: November 23, 2015, 05:04:15 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-us-not-relent-islamic-state-campaign-080929228--politics.html#

"ISIS cannot strike a mortal blow" against the U.S.(still the J_V team), and he warned [against] overreacting to the Paris attacks

ISIS can't because Obama is.
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1707 on: November 25, 2015, 12:24:45 PM »

Except for Yogi Berra and Willie Mays all these awards can be tied to some liberal agenda.    No surprise.   Any Republican celebrities?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3331587/Obama-recognizes-17-nations-highest-civilian-award.html
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1708 on: November 26, 2015, 01:53:54 AM »

Obama Has Just Begun
How much damage can he do in his last year in office?
By Victor Davis Hanson — November 24, 2015

Insidiously and inadvertently, Barack Obama is alienating the people and moving the country to the right. If he keeps it up, by 2017 it will be a reactionary nation. But, counterintuitive as it seems, that is fine with Obama: Après nous le déluge.

By sheer force of his personality, Obama has managed to lose the Democratic Senate and House. State legislatures and governorships are now predominantly Republican. Obama’s own favorable ratings rarely top 45 percent. In his mind, great men, whether Socrates or Jesus, were never appreciated in their time. So it is not surprising that he is not, as he presses full speed ahead.

Obama certainly has doubled down going into his last year, most recently insisting on letting in more refugees from the Middle East, at a time when the children of Middle Eastern immigrants and contemporary migrants are terrorizing Europe. What remaining unpopular executive acts might anger his opponents the most? Close down Guantanamo, let thousands more refugees into the United States, free thousands more felons, snub another ally, flatter another enemy, weigh in on another interracial melodrama, extend amnesty to another million illegal aliens, make global warming laws by fiat, expand Obamacare, unilaterally impose gun control? In lieu of achievement, is the Obama theory to become relevant or noteworthy by offending the public and goading political enemies?

An Obama press conference is now a summation of all his old damn-you clichés — the fantasy strawman arguments; the caricatures of the evil Republican bogeymen; the demagogic litany of the sick, the innocent, and the old at the mercy of his callous opponents; the affected accentuation (e.g., Talîban; Pakîstan, Îslám, Latînos, etc.) that so many autodidacts parade in lieu of learning foreign languages; the make-no-mistake-about-it and let-me-be-clear empty emphatics; the flashing temper tantrums; the mangled sports metaphors; the factual gaffes; and the monotonous I, me, my, and mine first-person-pronoun exhaustion. What Obama cannot do in fact, he believes he can still accomplish through invective and derision.

In the 2016 election campaigns, most Democratic candidates in swing states will have distanced themselves from the last eight years. Otherwise, they would have to run on the patently false premise that American health care is more affordable and more comprehensive today than it was in 2009; that workforce participation is booming; that scandals are a thing of the past; that the debt has been addressed; that Obama has proved a healer who brought the country together; that immigration at last is ordered, legal, and logical; that the law has never been more respected and honored; that racial relations are calmer than ever; that the campuses are quiet; that the so-called war on terror is now over and won with al-Qaeda and ISIS contained or on the run; that U.S. prestige aboard has never been higher; that our allies appreciate our help and our enemies fear our wrath; that Iran will now not go nuclear; that Israel is secure and assured of our support; and that, thanks to American action, Egypt is stable, Libya is ascendant, Iraq is still consensual, and the Middle East in general is at last quiet after the tumultuous years of George W. Bush.

The hordes of young male migrants abandoning the Middle East for the West are merely analogous to past waves of immigrants and should be uniformly welcome. For Obama,  there is no connection between them and his slashing of American involvement in the Middle East — much less any sense of responsibility that his own actions helped produce the crisis he now fobs off on others.

If an American president saw fit to attack fellow Americans from abroad, and lecture them on their illiberality, there are better places from which to take such a low road than from Turkey, the embryo of 20th-century genocide, and a country whose soccer crowds were recently shouting, “Allahu akbar!” during what was supposed to be a moment of silence offered to the Paris dead. Surely an American president might suggest that such grassroots religious triumphalism about mass death is much more reprehensible behavior than are his own fellow citizens’ demands to vet the backgrounds of refugees.

If you suggested to Obama that, in his search for a contrarian legacy, he should do something to stop the slaughter in the Middle East and be careful about letting in more unexamined refugees, in answer, he would be more likely to do less than nothing abroad and vastly expand the influx of migrants. Getting under his critics’ skin is about all that is left of a failed presidency.

Many of our observers still do not quite grasp that Obama will end his presidency by seeking to get his opponents’ goat — and that his resentment will lead to some strange things said and done.

Few foresaw this critical element of the Obama character. The tiny number of prescient pundits who warned what the Obama years would entail were not the supposedly sober and judicious establishment voices, who in fact seemed to be caught up in the hope-and-change euphoria and missed entirely Obama’s petulance and pique: the Evan Thomases (“he’s sort of god”), or the David Brookses (“and I was looking at his pant leg and his perfectly creased pant, and I’m thinking, a) he’s going to be president and b) he’ll be a very good president.” “It is easy to sketch out a scenario in which [Obama] could be a great president.”), or the Chris Matthewses (“the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama’s speech. My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don’t have that too often.”), or the Michael Beschlosses (“Uh. I would say it’s probably — he’s probably the smartest guy ever to become President.”), or the Chris Buckleys (“He has exhibited throughout a ‘first-class temperament,’ pace Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.’s famous comment about FDR. As for his intellect, well, he’s a Harvard man”), or the Kathleen Parkers (“ . . . with solemn prayers that Obama will govern as the centrist, pragmatic leader he is capable of being”), or the Peggy Noonans (“He has within him the possibility to change the direction and tone of American foreign policy, which need changing; his rise will serve as a practical rebuke to the past five years, which need rebuking; his victory would provide a fresh start in a nation in which a fresh start would come as a national relief.”).

In truth, it was the loud, sometimes shrill, and caricatured voices of talk radio, the so-called crazy Republican House members, and the grassroots loudmouths of what would become the Tea Party who had Obama’s number. They warned early on that Barack Obama’s record was that of a petulant extremist, that his writing presaged that he would borrow and spend like no other president, that his past associations gave warning that he would use his community-organizing skills cynically to divide Americans along racial lines, that nothing in his past had ever suggested anything other than radicalism and an ease with divisive speech, that his votes as a state legislator and as a U.S. senator suggested that he had an instinctual dislike of the entrepreneur and the self-made businessman, and that his past rhetoric advised that he would ignore settled law and instead would rule by fiat — that he would render immigration law null and void, that he would diminish the profile of America abroad, and that he would do all this because he was an ideologue, with no history of bipartisanship but a lot of animus toward his critics, and one who saw no ethical or practical reason to appreciate the more than 60 years of America’s postwar global leadership and the world that it had built. Again, the despised right-wingers were right and the more moderate establishment quite wrong.

Abroad, from Obama’s post-Paris speeches, it is clear that he is now bored with and irritated by the War on Terror. He seems to have believed either that Islamist global terror was a minor distraction with no potential for real harm other than to bring right-wingers in backlash fashion out of the woodwork, or that it was an understandably radical manifestation of what was otherwise a legitimate complaint of Islam against the Western-dominated global system — thus requiring contextualization rather than mindless opposition.

A lot of ambitious and dangerous powers are watching Obama assume a fetal position, and may well as a consequence act foolishly and recklessly this next year. Not only Russia, China, and North Korea, but also Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran, ISIS, and assorted rogue states may take chances in the next 14 months that they would otherwise never have entertained (given that America is innately strong and they are mostly in comparison far weaker) — on the premise that such adventurism offers tangible advantages without likely negative consequences and that the chance for such opportunities will not present itself again for decades to come.

At home, Obama feels liberated now that he is free from further elections. He thinks he has a legitimate right to be a bit vindictive and vent his own frustrations and pique, heretofore repressed over the last seven years because of the exigencies of Democratic electioneering. Obama can now vent and strike back at his opponents, caricaturing them from abroad, questioning their patriotism, slandering them for sport, and trying to figure out which emblematic executive orders and extra-legal bureaucratic directives will most infuriate them and repay them for their supposed culpability for his failed vero possumus presidency.

The more contrarian he becomes, and the more he opposes the wishes of the vast majority of the American people, all the more Obama envisions himself speaking truth to power and becoming iconic of something rather than the reality that he is becoming proof of nothing.

Hold on. We haven’t seen anything yet.

— NRO contributor Victor Davis Hanson is a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution and the author, most recently, of The Savior Generals.

DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #1709 on: November 29, 2015, 04:14:02 PM »

Giving the President credit where credit is due.  He presided over 0.0 degrees global warming for his entire two terms.  An amazing environmental record!  Warming growth was held even lower than economic growth.
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1710 on: November 29, 2015, 04:49:21 PM »

Unfortunately that is both funny , , , and not.
DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #1711 on: December 01, 2015, 02:43:04 PM »

Obama Says a New [Global] Tax Is 'The Most Elegant Way' to Stop Climate Change

Classic externality, "put a price on it."  "This is a classic market failure"
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/obama-says-new-tax-most-elegant-way-stop-climate-change
"If you open up an Econ 101 textbook, it will say the market's very good about determining prices and allocating capital towards its most productive use, except there's certain externalities, there's certain things that the market just doesn't count, it doesn't price, at least not on its own. Clean air is an example; clean water -- or the converse, dirty water, dirty air.  In this case, the carbons that are being sent up that, ah -- originally we didn't have the science to fully understand, we do now. And if that's the case, if you put a price on it, then the entire market would respond."

Meanwhile the attendees of the conference, unfamiliar with teleceonferencing and smartphone app 'Vidku', emitted 600,000,000 pounds of CO2 in the effort to dine with each other at various taxpayers expense. 
http://www.wired.com/2015/11/the-paris-talks-could-produce-300000-tons-of-co2-hope-theyre-worth-it/

Do people here agree with the President?

Is it a scientific fact that CO2 is a pollutant, that 400 CO2 parts per million atmosphere is "dirty air?

Is it an economic certainty that one half degree of warming and none over the last 19 years has an economic cost to it?

Do we know this tax will solve this 'problem'?  What is the history of the UN handling large amounts of money, has anyone ever heard of oil for food, IPCC, etc.?

http://www.cfr.org/iraq/iraq-oil-food-scandal/p7631
"...nearly half of the 4,500 participating companies of paying kickbacks and illegal surcharges to win lucrative contracts..."

If we are going to have global government, could we please have a global constitution limiting their power!
DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #1712 on: December 02, 2015, 10:11:32 AM »

Pres. Obama talking about climate change in year 7 let slip the theme of his economy policy:

I'm optimistic," he said. "I think we're going to solve it. I think the issue is just going to be the pace and how much damage is done before we are able to fully apply the brakes."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/01/europe/france-paris-cop21-climate-change-conference/index.html
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1713 on: December 06, 2015, 10:00:35 PM »

Well at least he called it terrorism.  Even the Ft. Hood attack he called terrorism.   As far as I know that is a first - for him.

I don't know we are "giving in to fear".   How about we are "angry".

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/06/obama-lectures-america-islamic-state-not/
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1714 on: December 07, 2015, 09:53:26 AM »

"Well at least he called it terrorism.  Even the Ft. Hood attack he called terrorism."

Is the second "terrorism" what you mean to say?

"I don't know we are "giving in to fear".   How about we are "angry"."

I was riffing on the very same point last night.  I have a similar one about the Sheep Dog and the Sheep analogy.   
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1715 on: December 07, 2015, 11:41:13 AM »

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/obama-skipped-62-5-percent-of-intelligence-briefings-this-year/
G M
Power User

« Reply #1716 on: December 07, 2015, 03:06:02 PM »

Those golf games ain't gonna play themselves.
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1717 on: December 07, 2015, 03:20:20 PM »

He said EVERY day for years he is reviewing intelligence.   You mean he lied?Huh

Well the news media will get right on this!
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1718 on: December 10, 2015, 12:56:35 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialRightWingNews/photos/a.401034789956656.90394.389658314427637/1265388520187941/?type=3
DDF
Power User

« Reply #1719 on: December 11, 2015, 07:42:07 PM »

"I'm not aware of any....BUT.....lol .

You get the country you deserve.

It's all a matter of perspective.
G M
Power User

« Reply #1720 on: December 12, 2015, 10:42:05 AM »

http://i2.wp.com/www.powerlineblog.com/ed-assets/2015/12/Obama-Background-checks.jpg

G M
Power User

« Reply #1721 on: December 15, 2015, 09:20:39 PM »

https://westernrifleshooters.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/tumblr_nzb5jfjpek1r7p8tto1_400.jpg?w=500

DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #1722 on: December 18, 2015, 09:44:28 AM »

Pres. Obama after the San Bernardino terrorist massacre:  “I am confident we will succeed in this mission because we are on the right side of history.”

“those who cling to power through corruption and deceit and silencing of dissent, know that you are on the wrong side of history.”

“at every juncture in the situation in Egypt, […] we were on the right side of history.” 

“Gaddafi is on the wrong side of history”

March 2014 the inhabitants of the Crimea and Ukraine were glad to learn from the President that “Russia is on the wrong side of history.”

History does not take sides.

Invoking History is a way of avoiding hard truths. It is a hollow phrase because it is supposed to soothe, not arouse, rally or inform. More importantly, it is simply not true. It presumes that the good guys win. Not always—just ask Rwandans, Cambodians, or surviving family members of Mao’s seventy million victims. Furthermore, the bad guys think the same thing, particularly Marxists, who shortly before their doctrines imploded were supremely confident that they knew in which direction History was marching. In 1956 Nikita Khrushchev famously said to Western ambassadors at a reception in Moscow, “Whether you like it or not, history is on our side.” What he said next, depending on which translation you prefer, was “We will bury you.” Less than 35 years later, the Soviet empire collapsed into ruin. It was a useful warning for lazy politicians: Believe too strongly that your country has a destiny guaranteed by History, and you may ensure that it doesn’t have much of a future. A public that hears the phrase has a right to be skeptical—and nervous.

http://www.the-american-interest.com/2015/12/07/history-doesnt-take-sides/

ccp
Power User

« Reply #1723 on: December 20, 2015, 12:24:36 PM »

Gotta love the phony poses Obama does when he is near Putin.  You know the looks of consternation or leaning in closely with stern facial expressions for the cameras.  Remember the liberal psychologists advising Bill Clinton to have that phony thing he did with his lower lip?

Here is Brock with the same phony lower lip thing:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/obama-visits-san-bernardino-families
DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #1724 on: December 20, 2015, 09:40:50 PM »

Gotta love the phony poses Obama does when he is near Putin.  You know the looks of consternation or leaning in closely with stern facial expressions for the cameras.  Remember the liberal psychologists advising Bill Clinton to have that phony thing he did with his lower lip?
Here is Brock with the same phony lower lip thing:
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/obama-visits-san-bernardino-families

I wonder what he paid the Clinton's for the right to use that.
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1725 on: December 20, 2015, 10:10:48 PM »

He probably just told Hill that he will use it or she will go to jail.

Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1726 on: December 31, 2015, 12:11:12 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/TheKellyFile/videos/1608018366079689/
DDF
Power User

« Reply #1727 on: January 14, 2016, 05:40:41 PM »

I don’t want to speculate who did this or their motive.

We have ISIL contained.

They didn’t mean “death to America” in the way you thought it meant.

I only heard about Hillary Clintons email account when I saw it on the news.

The Taliban is not a terrorist organization

I just heard about Gruber before I came to this press conference.

We have ebola under control.

Clapper gave me wrong Intel. It’s his fault.

I promised to end the war in Iraq and I did.

I never ordered the Taliban swap it was Hagel

Not even a smidgeon of corruption

I only found out about it when I saw it on the news.

We won’t negotiate with terrorists.

I will have the most transparent administration in history.

I have Shovel ready jobs.

The IRS is not targeting anyone.

Benghazi was about a movie.

If I had a son.

I will put an end to the type of politics that "breeds division, conflict and cynicism".

You didn't build that.

I will restore trust in Government.

The cops acted stupidly.

I am not after your guns.

The Public Will Have 5 Days To Look At Every Bill That Lands On My Desk.

It's not my red line it is the worlds red line.

Whistle blowers will be protected.

We got back every dime, that we used to rescue the banks, with interest.

I will close Gitmo.

I am not spying on American citizens.

ObamaCare will be good for America.

You can keep your family doctor.

Premiums will be lowered by $2500.

If you like your plan, you can keep it. Period.

We'll put it on C-Span.

57 states.

Your taxes will not go up unless you make more than 250K a year.

I will cut the deficit in half in 3 1/2 years or this will be a one term proposition.

The recession is over.

I'm not an ideologue.

We will get to the bottom of this.

I will not sign the NDAA bill.

Reverend Wright

Bill Ayers

No lobbyists in my administration.

I'll go through the budget line by line.

Fast And Furious.

I've never met the uncle I used to live with.

"I, Barack Hussein Obama, pledge to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America."

afro puff, puff, pass.....

It's all a matter of perspective.
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1728 on: January 19, 2016, 11:58:48 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCFtE9vlWts
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1729 on: January 28, 2016, 01:20:01 PM »

Since most people on this board probably read Breitbart like me, you've all seen this, but this is just too funny to pass up posting.  This is one of those "she had sex with me, I did not have sex with her" moments:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/27/obama-ignores-iran-in-speech-on-antisemitism/
G M
Power User

« Reply #1730 on: January 28, 2016, 01:46:56 PM »

Since most people on this board probably read Breitbart like me, you've all seen this, but this is just too funny to pass up posting.  This is one of those "she had sex with me, I did not have sex with her" moments:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/27/obama-ignores-iran-in-speech-on-antisemitism/
ff

Useful idiots need the occasional pat on the head. That is all this was.
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1731 on: February 02, 2016, 06:49:27 AM »

Obama to Texas:   up yours!

http://www.texastribune.org/2016/02/01/abbott-and-cuellar-question-dhs-over-cuts-border-s/
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: