Dog Brothers Public Forum
Return To Homepage
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 04, 2015, 05:29:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the Dog Brothers Public Forum.
87951 Posts in 2283 Topics by 1070 Members
Latest Member: Nexquietus
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Dog Brothers Public Forum
|-+  Politics, Religion, Science, Culture and Humanities
| |-+  Politics & Religion
| | |-+  Housing/Mortgage/Real Estate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Print
Author Topic: Housing/Mortgage/Real Estate  (Read 73885 times)
ppulatie
Power User

« Reply #550 on: September 01, 2015, 08:21:34 PM »

On VA, I should have said that the defaults are lowest of all.

Now, with all of this, you also have to add in Baby Boomer demographics. At least 65% of boomers have mortgages. Few will be paid off by their retirement. As they retire, income drops and ability to pay decreases significantly. Additionally, they have equity problems and many remain underwater. Unless the Boomer can downsize to a home that they can afford or else obtain a reverse mortgage, the Boomers will be increasingly "financially stressed" to the point whereby defaults will increase.

For too many Boomers, the Greenspan years were criminal. Greenspan advocated using the home as a personal ATM, spending on toys and not paying off loans. Now this is going to bite the Boomers badly.

Add in another housing collapse which is going to happen within the next handful of years, (I expect beginning somewhere in 2017) and things will get ugly again, and very quickly.

PPulatie
ppulatie
Power User

« Reply #551 on: September 02, 2015, 10:40:12 AM »

I have mentioned many times about New Home Sales and the population issue, and how Sales do not match population.  Here is a graph that I found perfectly illustrating my point.

People discuss a recovery occurring, but this really shows the "depth" of any recovery. With interest rates at the lowest point in history, this is "all" we get?  Add in the lack of home affordability, artificial increase in values due to lack of inventory and increasing living expenses with income declines, there is no way that a real "organic" recovery can occur.

PPulatie
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: