Author Topic: DBMA series VHS/DVD's  (Read 7361 times)

Tom Stillman

• Power User
    • View Profile
DBMA series VHS/DVD's
« on: July 16, 2009, 05:09:10 PM »
I found that PappyDog has a video available @ amazon.com titled: "A Dog Brothers' Gathering of the Pack, Fighting Escrima Kali Arnis" Starring Pappy and SaltyDog with
Eric (topdog) Knaus, commenting on each fight in detail (according to review). Is this an improved version of the standard Gathering of the pack dvd or is it a completely different video?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 05:18:20 PM by Tom Stillman »
Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.  dalai lama

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: DBMA series VHS/DVD's
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 08:47:29 PM »
URL?

Tom Stillman

• Power User
    • View Profile
Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.  dalai lama

Tom Stillman

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 11:44:50 PM »
URL?
Hey Crafty, Let me know when you figure out which video this is. I'd like to possibly purchase a copy for my video library. Woof!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 06:28:01 AM »
Looks like it is the one we did (Pappy was the director) badly misdescribed (the DVD has more content IIRC).  I've emailed him and will get back to you here when I hear back from him.

Tom Stillman

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 07:14:14 PM »
Thank's Crafty! :-)

Tom Stillman

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 04:10:01 PM »
For anyone who wants to get a real feel for what a Dog Brothers gathering is like, I would highly recommend purchasing this one from the new series of DVD's
It's the next best thing to actually being there and gives you an inside look at the positive energy that manifests during a Gathering of the Pack.
This DVD has no instruction per say, although one can learn plenty by just watching the fights.
This dvd can be found in the "DVD's- Cultural/non instructional" section of "Poducts for Sale" 
You won't be disappointed as this DVD is Action Packed!

This and all the Dog Brothers Videos/DVD's can be purchased here at the "Public Store", on the Home page of this site. See review below.
Dog Tom.

A Gathering Of The Pack

In 1993, our first series, commonly known as "The Dog Brothers Videos", introduced "Dog Brothers Real Contact Stickfighting". Since that time, the fighting has evolved A LOT. Twice a year, we host our "Dog Brothers Gathering of the Pack" and this video, consisting of selected fights from 1994-1999, shows just how much the fighting has evolved since the fights of the late 1980s and early 1990s that formed the basis of the first series.

The video opens with the opening talk, which sets the understandings for the day, and promptly turns to two 1 on 1 knife fights, and one 2 on 2 knife fight. There are many single and double stick fights, single stick versus double nunchaku, stick versus hardwood bokken (ends in broken hand) and two 4 foot staff fights (one of them ends in a ruptured ear drum). The video closes with the fighters' circle as the fighters share the day.

This is not a "Greatest Hits of the Dog Brothers" video (that comes later). Although some of the fights in this video may well appear in the "Greatest Hits" video, with this video the idea is to show just what a Gathering is and to show the current fighting. And at a length of 70 minutes in this video there is plenty of that!

Gathering Of The Pack - DVD
[SER2002DVD] $40.00

« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 04:47:48 PM by Tom Stillman »