Poll

Which of the following are your favorites to train with? Why? (include in message body)

Single Stick
1 (20%)
Double Stick
0 (0%)
Knife
2 (40%)
Staff
0 (0%)
Empty Hand vs. Stick(s)
1 (20%)
Empty Hand vs. Knife
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Trainiing Preferences  (Read 3663 times)

The Iron Horse

• View Profile
Trainiing Preferences
« on: September 05, 2009, 10:43:06 PM »
Just a bit of curiousity...I prefer knife and empty hand vs. knife as they seem more relevant in their probability. I enjoy all of the various listed types of weapons training. Also I would like to add that I started training eskrima due to a dogbrothers add from Blackbelt magazine about 4 months ago. I thought it would help me get better with striking in general because getting in front of sticks would help me get over getting punched in the face. So far it seems to be working rather well.

Back on topic of the kinfe training I think it is definitely one of the most overlooked and advantageous weapons available, especially for military. I'm honestly a little surprised that I don't hear more about the U.S. military training their recruits etc. in more blade oriented styles. Currently there is more BJJ in a lot of the training. I have yet to see or train in anything that range and distance is more important than in a blade vs. blade style of combat. I also have found that the respect of range and movement and the footwork for blade work transfers EXTREMELY well for striking...at least it has helped me develop much faster in gaining better striking faster than I would have thought...especially when 'don't get hit takes on a higher level of significance'.

Hope this adds something to the forum.