Author Topic: Hello.  (Read 4018 times)

Rarick

Hello.
« on: September 30, 2009, 07:42:30 AM »
I am new here and figured I should introduce myself some.  I agree with the need for real contact sparring.  I got involved in SCA rather than the Kinder Karate stuff for just that reason.  Society rules basically covered what was definately dangerous, and a standard of protection, but left your learning how to fight up to you.  Eventually you could earn your knight's belt, but below that it was a matter of just being a new, better, or vetran fighter.

I got involved as an out growth from the D&D game and wanted to see "for real" how things worked.  I got exposure to kendo and escrima thru the various SCA guys who had trained martial arts and who shared what worked for themselves. I find a lot of your philosophy and approach very compatible, and will be ghosting for a while until I get a better understanding.  Eventually I hope to begin playing again as well.   I am in Las Vegas and am transportation limited right now, so all I can do is watch, and try and copy the moves on the bag/ in the mirror.

Guide Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • Stoops Martial Arts Academy
Re: Hello.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 08:02:30 AM »
Welcome to the boards, Rarick!
Dr. Bryan Stoops, Ed.D.
Semi-Private/Private Instruction
Offered in Chino Hills, California
JKD/FMA/Silat/muay Thai/DBMA,
Savate/Wing Chun/grappling