Author Topic: Conan Picked For ROle  (Read 7468 times)

Maxx

• Power User
    • View Profile
Conan Picked For ROle
« on: January 24, 2010, 11:52:47 AM »
Im sorry but what a Joke! This is really god damn sad

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...9&swapped=true

I am not trying to be anything here but Conan was NOT from Hawaii..Since hollywood does not cast anything right anymore, I am going to play Malcom x in the next remake. I mean come on!!!!!

UGH...Robert E Howard is rolling in his GRAVE

Maxx

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Conan Picked For ROle
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 06:33:46 PM »
Looks like that link is down.  Google Jason Momoa and wiki it..Total shame

Rarick

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 02:53:39 AM »
He better start bulking up and ripping out otherwise he will not be believable.   He may not look like Arnie, but he has to be credible, and those pictures (the few I saw) are not.

sting

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 05:52:29 PM »
He's very tall at 6'5".  It will take a lot of steroids to bulk up a frame that tall.  Masculine culture is on the decline when a "metro" male model is chosen for the role.
Baltic Dog

Go Shin Jutsu Kenpo (Prof. Richard Lewis)
3rd Degree Black Belt Instructor

Bono JKD/Kajukenbo (Prof. John Bono)
Gentlemen's Fighting Club

Maxx

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 07:50:36 PM »
Thank god others agree with me that this is a terrible choice. Though, I do follow the Robert E Howard version on Conan, I do love the Arnie version. This Joke is a terrible idea. He better start drinking roids! I am so upset.  :cry:

Rarick

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 01:53:27 AM »
Tarzan of the the old B/W era would be okay for Conan as well.  Some one who is "fit" and "physically educated" is needed for the role.   Heck Lonely Dog from the way he looks in the videos might be able to do it.

Maxx

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 08:17:37 AM »
I should do it lol! Im only 5'8 but I have more muscle then this pud hammer lol! Robert E Howard called me the other day and said how could we as a people let this happen?  I have no idea what to tell the late great king of fantasy =(

Rarick

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 05:15:40 AM »
I know from experience that people always look bigger on camera than of- the focus of attention does that- so if you look "large" you are.  Look at the MMA fighters, most of the light and featherweights look "normal sized" on camera, but when you see them in the steet, being 5'6" and less, the suddenly become "small ripped 5 pounds of whoop butt in a 16 oz. can"