Author Topic: Dog Brothers Open Gathering Sept 19, 2010  (Read 90092 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Dog Brothers Open Gathering Sept 19, 2010
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2010, 07:32:05 PM »
Howl of Greeting:

The rhythm of the seasons is with us and its time for the "Summer Dog
Brothers Gathering of the Pack". On behalf of the Council of Elders of the
Dog Brothers, Dog Brothers Inc. hereby cordially invites all people of good
spirit to its "Dog Brothers Open Gathering of the Pack" at 11:00 AM on
Sunday, September 19, 2010 at:

Gokor Chivichyan's Hayastan MMA Academy
7299 Atoll Ave
North Hollywood, CA 91605

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=&daddr=7229+Atoll+Ave.++North+Hollywood,+CA+91605&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=53.564699,135.263672&ie=UTF8&ll=34.200809,-118.419431&spn=0.006904,0.016512&z=17

This is not far from last year's location so similar hotel arrangements
should apply.

I am very happy with the fight area-- in my opinion it is the best indoor
fight area we have ever had.  Two sides of the fight area are padded walls,
one side is a cagefight type fence, and the fourth side is a waist high
version thereof.  Fighters, please note that Gokor takes VERY seriously the
cleanliness and condition of his fight area.  Therefore ONLY wrestling shoes
(white soled preferred) or bare feet will be allowed.  You will be required
to remove them before exiting the fight area and put them back on upon
returning to it, so bringing sandals of some sort along may be a good idea.

The viewing experience is also the best indoor experience we have ever had.
There will be bleachers on two sides of the fight area and a balcony over
looking from a third side.  The donation at the door will be $15.  Please
remember that this will be a good opportunity to pick up our DVDs, sticks,
clothing (including the new "Kali Tudo" MMA shorts and rash guards) and
other items at special prices.

Concerning parking:   The Hayastan Academy's parking lot is relatively small,
so most of you will be parking on surface streets.  On a Sunday morning this
should present no problem, but please plan your time accordingly.

The Magic Words:

The MAGIC WORDS: "No judges, no referees, no trophies. One rule only: Be
friends at the end of the day. This means our goal is that no one spends the
night in the hospital. Our goal is that everyone leaves with the IQ with
which they came. No suing no one for no reason for nothing no how no
way!Real Contact Stickfighting is Dangerous and only you are responsible for
you, so protect yourself at all times. All copyright belongs to Dog Brothers
Inc. CA law applies."

THIS MATTER OF ACCEPTING ALL RISKS APPLIES TO THOSE OF YOU OBSERVING AS
WELL!!!

For example, sticks, and fights for that matter, may go flying into the
crowd. Parents should consider things like this in deciding whether a child
is old enough to bring along and/or deciding on from where to observe the
event. If a stick or a fight comes careening your way know that the fight
has right of way-- it is on you to get out of the way! If you are sitting in
or near the front row, we will not make fun of you if you wear protective
headgear!

As always, NO VIDEO CAMERAS and NO DUAL PURPOSE CAMERAS
WILL BE ALLOWED.  In God we trust, everyone else NO DUAL PURPOSE
CAMERAS. If you see someone cheating, please let us know!!!  We are very
appreciative when you help look out for us!

We will continue starting the knife fights with a handshake and the knives
undrawn and analogous ideas. Concerning the knife fighting, there is a
relevant thread at http://dogbrothers.com/phpBB2/index.php?topic=1296.0 We
will have some "Shocknife" knives on hand and so it looks like we will be
able to have electric knife vs. electric knife fights (as long as they last!). In
lieu of the shock knives, aluminum blades are encouraged.  Perhaps this
will help induce more realistic behavior during the knife fights!

We encourage you to fight knife versus stick-- the stick versus electric
knife is always exciting. Stick vs. knife has been one of perennial
questions of the FMA, so let's continue the research! Also, please feel free
to hide a knife on your person and surprise your opponent with it during the
stickfights. Remember that you may fight with weapons other than a stick if
you can find someone willing to go against you.  Please consider staff,
double stick, and anything else. At the most recent Euro Gathering we had a
Three Section Staff enter the fray.  In order to more deeply explore certain
variables, fighters may agree to "no grappling" rules. In staff and other
heavy weapon fights the fighters may wear wrestling type ear guards under
the fencing masks.

As always, there is no charge for fighters but FIGHTERS MUST PRE-
REGISTER, even if they have fought before--  no handing in registrations
at the door! WE WILL BE RUTHLESS ON THIS!

The Fighter's Registration form can be found on the website
http://dogbrothers.com/adobedocs/fighterform.pdf
and MUST be filled out whether you have fought before or not.

For all Fighter Registration matters, please contact Cindy at
info@dogbrothers.com 310-540-6853. You are not registered until your name
appears on the list of registered fighters on the website!!!

The Adventure continues!!! "Higher Consciousness through Harder Contact" (c)

Crafty Dog
Guiding Force of the Dog Brothers
President/Dog Brothers Inc.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 10:18:29 AM by Crafty_Dog »

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2010, 08:21:03 PM »

This is not far from last year's location so similar hotel arrangements
should apply.

With that being said...  Im going on a search for a friend.  Anyone have a suggestion for a hotel where a Kajukenbo Brother might be able to stay close to some of the other fighters?

Thanks in advance...  Im short on time now, but will look in the AM. 
V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

Growling Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2010, 07:17:06 PM »
woof everyone
i just booked my flight i will be in town on the 16 if anyone is up for training drop me a line
those who do not listen learn through feeling

Dog Howie

• Power User
  • Unexpected Anomolies
    • View Profile
    • My Duncan RiZe MySpace page
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2010, 09:54:14 AM »
Classified Ad: Help Wanted
Sept Gathering: Seeking Dog, C-Dog or Named Dog only to fight or at least discuss the possibility of fighting "Garden Hose with Brass Fittings vs. Garden Hose with Brass Fittings". I'm thinking 6ft black rubber with standard brass fittings on either end. I would make up duplicate weapons and mail out to opponent in time for getting familiar with it. Use it like whip, fold and strike with brass fittings end, fold and strike with loop end, interesting possibilities for chokes, trips, hog tie(?) etc.,etc.

Any interest please email (not PM) Click on my name at left of this message to find my email. Thanks.

-Howie

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2010, 10:17:12 AM »
Classified Ad: Help Wanted
Sept Gathering: Seeking Dog, C-Dog or Named Dog only to fight or at least discuss the possibility of fighting "Garden Hose with Brass Fittings vs. Garden Hose with Brass Fittings". I'm thinking 6ft black rubber with standard brass fittings on either end. I would make up duplicate weapons and mail out to opponent in time for getting familiar with it. Use it like whip, fold and strike with brass fittings end, fold and strike with loop end, interesting possibilities for chokes, trips, hog tie(?) etc.,etc.

Any interest please email (not PM) Click on my name at left of this message to find my email. Thanks.

-Howie

Howie,

I got ya Brother.  YOur number 5 on my current list and you are allowed to bring whateva you want to the table. 

Been a while since Ive been hosed ;)
V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

Mongolian Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2010, 11:11:45 AM »
[Note: I started (and deleted) a new thread with this topic because I confused this thread with the fighter registration thread -- which has been locked.  Sorry for any confusion.]

Can anyone point me to an example of a relatively inexpensive wrestling shoe whose sole definitely complies with the venue's requirements.  I've never bought wrestling shoes before, and I'm also unsure as to exactly how a 'white' sole would be specified -- and whether that is different from a normal 'non-black' sole, etc.  Basically, I'd like to wear shoes and don't want to spend a lot of money on it.  Suggestions?

Thanks,
Chhi'mèd

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2010, 01:44:17 PM »
Barefoot is certainly an inexpensive option  :-D

Sorry for the additional expense for those who do not already have wrestling shoes.  What suggestions for them?  (BTW do not get too hung up over sole color; non-black would be preferred but do not worry should yours be black.)

Changing subjects, the official fighters list is at http://www.dogbrothers.com/adobedocs/registered-fighters.doc

Mongolian Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2010, 02:48:29 PM »
I picked up a pair of Asics Split Second 7 wrestling shoes on sale.  They have two rubber areas on the sole, one is clear and the other is natural rubber color.  The salesman assured me they are non-marking.  At $50 these seem like pretty good quality, and I'm sure I will get future use out of them given that their mat-safe -- so no worries about the expense, etc.  If anyone else is thinking about ordering online, they seem to run narrow.  I got an 11, which I sometimes have to for width only -- and they still feel tight.  However, I'm also assured that they stretch out quickly.  Hopefully that information will be useful for someone.

Regards,
Chhi'mèd

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2010, 04:20:43 PM »
23 Fighters Registered as of my viewing on 08/29 @16:20

Thats only about half compared to the Euro Gathering...  TIME TO STEP UP WARRIORS
V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

Howling Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2010, 05:49:11 AM »
Woof!! Barking it up with Kaju dog. C'mon people The open Gathering only comes once a year. Get you fighter forms in. The day draws near!  You know you want to!  :wink:
Lets do this.....Woof!                C-HD
Howling Dog

sting

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2010, 07:14:22 PM »
Although there has been a welcomed swell in the number of Gathering fighters in the last five years, many were there for a single fight, and in some cases, only one or perhaps more knife fights.   Also, it is a lot harder to fight several rounds over a period of four hours than the same number over two hours.  It's just hard to be amped up for such a long time span.
Baltic Dog

Go Shin Jutsu Kenpo (Prof. Richard Lewis)
3rd Degree Black Belt Instructor

Bono JKD/Kajukenbo (Prof. John Bono)
Gentlemen's Fighting Club

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2010, 08:54:56 PM »
Although there has been a welcomed swell in the number of Gathering fighters in the last five years, many were there for a single fight, and in some cases, only one or perhaps more knife fights.   Also, it is a lot harder to fight several rounds over a period of four hours than the same number over two hours.  It's just hard to be amped up for such a long time span.

Woof Baltic Dog and Aloha,

Could I be forward and ask if you could eleborate on your experiences with hose fighting.  Maybe another thread if this is not the place or even a PM would be appreciated.

With all due respect,
Dean
V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2010, 06:02:30 AM »
This thread is intended for such conversation.

Also, we have several people whom I know are coming but are dawdling about getting their registrations in.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Feet, shoes, and mats
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2010, 09:28:20 AM »
It is through Boo Dog's relation with Gokor that we get to use Gokor's gym.

Boo Dog writes:

The shoe wearing things goes like this...

1)  Only wrestling shoes or bare feet on the mat.  This is due to the skin diseases that grapplers contract due to bacteria, viruses, and germs brought onto the mat from regular floor surfaces.  These mats are highly used, so a lot of care is taken in keeping them clean.

2)  If you are wearing wrestling shoes, don't wear them off the mat.  Many people wear wrestling shoes on the way to the gym, walking around the parking lot, walking around the gym, into the bathroom, and in the waiting areas.  You wouldn't believe the surprise then when we tell them they can't use those shoes on the mat.  Without thinking, they have essentially turned them into street shoes.  So after a fight, take them off when leaving the mat area.

3)  For the same reason, if you are fighting in bare feet, when you leave the mat put some flip flops, sandels, or even your street shoes on so the bottom of your feet don't become as bad as street shoes.  Then when reentering the mat area, take off those shoes.  This also means don't walk around in bare feet before you enter the mat to fight as well.

4)  There is a cage and boxing ring that guys can use for warmups.  This same rule applies for these areas.  You can use street shoes around them but before entering them, treat them as you would the mat area.

All of this is for your, and the other people using this gym's protection.  It has nothing to do with formality or ritual let me assure you.  This is a hard core MMA gym.  This procedure is about not having anyone loose precious workout time before a fight due to a skin disease.  Outdoors, this wouldn't matter.  Nature has a way of taking care of this kind of thing on its own.  But inside a heavily used, closed environment like this one, the germs just sit there and fester on the mats until you rub your face on it in the middle of a grappling session or fight.  They clean them every day, but there is no way to undue the damage wearing contaminated shoes on the mat has done.

Hope this helps clear up the shoe policy for this gathering.  The venue is amazing.  We just need to leave it in the condition that we found it so we can continue to have the gatherings there.

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2010, 01:06:07 PM »
With respect I would be happy to volunteer as part of some sort of cleaning crew post Gathering.  Just let me know and count me in...

Gratful for venue!

:mrgreen:
V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

C-Yo Dog

• View Profile
Re: Feet, shoes, and mats
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2010, 04:06:46 PM »
Wow I never thought of wearing shoes that way. Makes perfect sense though. Perhaps maybe some sanitizer and a roll of towels by the mat would be good that way ppl could do a quick wipe of the bottoms of their shoes before entering the fighting area.

It is through Boo Dog's relation with Gokor that we get to use Gokor's gym.

Boo Dog writes:

The shoe wearing things goes like this...

1)  Only wrestling shoes or bare feet on the mat.  This is due to the skin diseases that grapplers contract due to bacteria, viruses, and germs brought onto the mat from regular floor surfaces.  These mats are highly used, so a lot of care is taken in keeping them clean.

2)  If you are wearing wrestling shoes, don't wear them off the mat.  Many people wear wrestling shoes on the way to the gym, walking around the parking lot, walking around the gym, into the bathroom, and in the waiting areas.  You wouldn't believe the surprise then when we tell them they can't use those shoes on the mat.  Without thinking, they have essentially turned them into street shoes.  So after a fight, take them off when leaving the mat area.

3)  For the same reason, if you are fighting in bare feet, when you leave the mat put some flip flops, sandels, or even your street shoes on so the bottom of your feet don't become as bad as street shoes.  Then when reentering the mat area, take off those shoes.  This also means don't walk around in bare feet before you enter the mat to fight as well.

4)  There is a cage and boxing ring that guys can use for warmups.  This same rule applies for these areas.  You can use street shoes around them but before entering them, treat them as you would the mat area.

All of this is for your, and the other people using this gym's protection.  It has nothing to do with formality or ritual let me assure you.  This is a hard core MMA gym.  This procedure is about not having anyone loose precious workout time before a fight due to a skin disease.  Outdoors, this wouldn't matter.  Nature has a way of taking care of this kind of thing on its own.  But inside a heavily used, closed environment like this one, the germs just sit there and fester on the mats until you rub your face on it in the middle of a grappling session or fight.  They clean them every day, but there is no way to undue the damage wearing contaminated shoes on the mat has done.

Hope this helps clear up the shoe policy for this gathering.  The venue is amazing.  We just need to leave it in the condition that we found it so we can continue to have the gatherings there.

sting

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2010, 06:41:43 PM »
Could I be forward and ask if you could eleborate on your experiences with hose fighting.  

Woof Kaju Dog,

Although I tried only one hose fight with Bart Hubbard at a past Gathering , I've been experimenting with thick black rubber hose fights at my own fighting events.  We've tried the thin 3/4" clear hose and the thick black 1 .. 1.5" in diameter, all available from Home Depot.  The fights are with WEKAF masks for sound, visibility and to allow bare-handed fighting that would be grated into mozzarella on the face mesh of a fencing mask.  Shirt-free and glove-free fights allow for maximum pain.  The thin hose is too whippy, though longer lengths provide plenty of sting.  The thicker hose fights are more fun.   Are you planning such a fight?

Also, we've tried some chain fights with lighter grade chains.  They leave excellent welt patterns, but the sharp burrs should be sanded down as they cut and tear the skin too much.  There is an image of my friend Peter with fading leg pattern the first time we tried the chains with shirts.  Take the picture immediately after the fight, not 30 minutes later.

With respect,

Gints

http://www.gentlemensfightingclub.com/Images/GFC/Wounds/GFC_PeterChainWound_5131.jpg
(My web server is finicky.  Save the above file or right mouse-click to open in a new window)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 07:05:24 PM by sting »
Baltic Dog

Go Shin Jutsu Kenpo (Prof. Richard Lewis)
3rd Degree Black Belt Instructor

Bono JKD/Kajukenbo (Prof. John Bono)
Gentlemen's Fighting Club

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2010, 08:21:04 PM »
Woof Baltic Dog,

Great feedback, just what I needed...  and YES Howie from Philiy has called me out for such a fight. 

Much Respect,
Dean

V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

pretty_kitty

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2010, 04:47:03 PM »
Here is the official list of registered fighters.  If yo're not on this list, you're not registered to fight...

http://www.dogbrothers.com/adobedocs/registered-fighters.doc

Cindy "Pretty Kitty" Denny.
Dog Brothers, Inc.

Howling Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2010, 03:41:56 PM »
Woof, The open Gathering quickly approaches. Its is the only Open gathering here in the U.S. this year. So If your New to the Gatherings or on the fence about fighting, Allow me to encourage you to take the plunge and give it a go.
A experience like this,  there is none like it. So get that registration in and come on out.

Bringing this over from the members forum, we are planning a pre fight dinner on Saturday night before the Gathering, a kind of meet and greet if you will.
Fighters and their family's friends and loved ones are all welcome.
If you would like to attend we would be glad to have you. Please make your intentions known.
Guro Crafty will set the location for the dinner base on the projected number of people planning to attend.....so sound off!  :-)
the adventure continues!!  WOOF!
             C-HD
Howling Dog

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2010, 05:27:57 PM »
The dinner will be held in the Hermosa Beach area.

As always, there will be a post Gathering get together at a beer and burger joint in the general vicinity of the Gathering-- details to be provided by Pappy Dog.

Growling Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2010, 05:50:32 PM »
toronto group will attend
those who do not listen learn through feeling

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2010, 06:31:28 PM »
How many is that?

Dr Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2010, 09:13:51 PM »
Woof - I will be at the dinner with my dad - he introduced me to kali over 20 yrs ago, although I didn't train in it then - still that's pretty cool after all this time to make the trip this way.
Looking forward to meeting folks and putting some faces to names.

Rick

pretty_kitty

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2010, 10:15:18 PM »
Dog Brothers, Inc.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2010, 03:49:30 PM »
Dog Mauricio of Mexico City just sent in his registration.  Is there someone who can offer him a place to stay?  Please email me at Craftydog@dogbrothers.com

Thank you.

pretty_kitty

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2010, 10:11:04 AM »
36 registered fighters...are YOU registered?   :-D

http://www.dogbrothers.com/adobedocs/registered-fighters.doc

Dog Brothers, Inc.

pretty_kitty

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2010, 07:51:29 PM »
Dog Brothers, Inc.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2010, 10:08:02 PM »
I count 39 fighters .

Howling Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2010, 05:29:13 AM »
Woof,   
I count 39 fighters .
I just saw on FB, that the Toronto Group added another Fighter  8-) :mrgreen:...... C'mon guys lets do 50.
A week from today get those forms in !!!
WOOF!!
Howling Dog

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2010, 08:08:49 PM »

Lets no get too hung up on the numbers.  There's always some last minute cases of vaginitis , , ,  :lol:

Howling Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2010, 07:09:06 AM »
Woof,
Lets no get too hung up on the numbers.  There's always some last minute cases of vaginitis , , , 

True, Not even antibiotics can cure this disease.  :lol:

TTT=
Bringing this over from the members forum, we are planning a pre fight dinner on Saturday night before the Gathering, a kind of meet and greet if you will.
Fighters and their family's friends and loved ones are all welcome.
If you would like to attend we would be glad to have you. Please make your intentions known.

GC, We will bring 2
Anyone else on the fence about the dinner, Esp first time fighters. Come...you will be glad you did.  :wink:
        C-HD
Howling Dog

Dog Howie

• Power User
  • Unexpected Anomolies
    • View Profile
    • My Duncan RiZe MySpace page
« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2010, 08:57:06 AM »
I'll b there and bringing a first timer along.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2010, 02:57:36 PM »
C-HD, may I ask you to be in charge of keep count?  Either here or on the DBMAA forum, would you please keep a running count so I can best decide which restaurant we should use?

Howling Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2010, 05:24:13 PM »
Woof Guro Crafty, yes sir, I will be glad to.......See you soon !!  8-)
       C-HD
Howling Dog

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2010, 08:44:22 PM »
Myself + 3 or 4...  Maybe  :lol:  Only one I can say for sure is me.  but hope to have some Kajupit crew along.  so 1 to 5  :?

:evil:
V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

Howling Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2010, 09:31:24 AM »
Woof, Pre gathering dinner list. If your not on the list and want to be or if there is a mistake please let it be known.
This is what I have thus far.

1) Guro Crafty and ?=1+
2) Toronto group= 4
3) Howie +1 =     2
4) Rick and dad=2
5) Kaju dog and clan=1-5
6)C-HD + 1=  2

Guro Crafty needs to know if your comming so he can set the place to chow down according to the numbers comming.
So please speak up as the day draws near......WOOF!!
Howling Dog

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2010, 11:13:37 AM »
Ooops, my mistake.  I thought this was for the Post-Gathering dinner.  I will not be there until Sunday AM.   :x
V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

pretty_kitty

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2010, 03:09:53 PM »
Dog Brothers, Inc.

pretty_kitty

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2010, 04:17:34 PM »
Dog Brothers, Inc.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2010, 05:27:50 PM »
43 fighters.

Southpaw

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2010, 07:59:33 PM »
Hi, I faxed my reg form yesterday, but I'm not showing up on the list yet.

My name is Shawn, and I'm one of Pappy dog's students and I train with the NoHo group.

To be on the safe side, I'm having somebody fax it again from another fax machine in case the one I used was on the fritz. If for some reason you didn't get it, what else should I do? I don't want to miss my first gathering!

pretty_kitty

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2010, 09:20:36 PM »
Dog Brothers, Inc.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2010, 08:14:51 AM »
Southpaw:

Pretty Kitty's contact info:
info@dogbrothers.com
310-540-6853

Howling Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2010, 08:59:08 AM »
Woof, Last call for the sat. night pre Gathering dinner. speak up so we know whos comming. Those who have spoken, we hope that you will attend.
See you guys all soon!!        C-HD
Howling Dog

bluesbassist

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2010, 10:42:33 AM »
2 more for Saturday night dinner.

Poidog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2010, 10:43:55 AM »
Woof, Last call for the sat. night pre Gathering dinner. speak up so we know whos comming. Those who have spoken, we hope that you will attend.
See you guys all soon!!        C-HD
What time and where?  I may be able to attend if the dinner dovetails with my Saturday agenda.

Aloha, Poi
Who dares wins - British SAS

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2010, 02:52:21 PM »
18:30 (i.e. 6:30 PM)
Akbar Indian Restaurant
Northeast corner of Prospect Ave and Aviation Bl. in Hermosa Beach

Hope you can make it Poi!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Attention Fighters: Shirt colors
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2010, 11:01:45 PM »
Woof All:

I know lots of us like black shirts, but if both fighters are wearing a black shirt it makes the fight footage very hard to follow if the range closes.  If you can, please wear some other color, or bring a non-black shirt as well as a black shirt.

Thank you,
Crafty Dog
GF

pretty_kitty

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Dog Brothers, Inc.