Author Topic: Reality oriented training in Atlanta?  (Read 4684 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Reality oriented training in Atlanta?
« on: March 21, 2010, 09:20:59 PM »
An internet friend writes:
================
Okay - then here is my question.  I have no hand-to-hand combat training.  I live in Atlanta and want to get it.  I don't have lots of financial resources or time to be traveling to southern CA and plant myself there to train with you and the Dog Brothers as I would like to do.  What do you recommend? 

To the extent that you can recommend a specific school or instructor, I would greatly appreciate that. 

My goal is to be able to defend myself in a fight with armed attackers should that become necessary.  I think my gun skills are pretty decent, but all the grappling and other stuff you and Gabe talk about in the DLO series, while highly desirable skill sets, are of course impossible to learn just by watching.
================

Any suggestions?

TIA,
CRAFTY DOG

CrazyCossack

• View Profile
Re: Reality oriented training in Atlanta?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 02:50:06 PM »
I know it might "just" be Jiu-Jitsu, but its probably the best place to learn Jiu Jitsu in the world, Top 5 at least,

Alliance Jiu Jitsu Atlanta,

AllianceBJJ.com

Head instructor is the most decorated Jiu Jitsu coach ever, and its also home to 3X world champ (in a row) Ruben Cobrinha Charles, as well as people like Marcelo Garcia come out of that camp....

First place I would train, possibly in the world.