Author Topic: New to the forums..  (Read 12362 times)

Vanilla Gorilla

• View Profile
New to the forums..
« on: July 08, 2006, 08:51:27 AM »
Just introducing myself.  My name is Chris I live in New Hampshire,  love BJJ and Judo just now "really" getting in to full contact Kali.   I have watched the forums for quite sometime now and finally decided to start posting.  Thanks for the awesome website for us all to see the DB experience.

Guard Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
New to the forums..
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 09:39:47 AM »
Welcome to the forum!  :D

Gruhn
Ryan “Guard Dog” Gruhn
Guro / DBMAA Business Director
Dog Brothers Martial Arts Association
"Smuggling Concepts Across the Frontiers of Style”
ryan@dogbrothers.com | www.dogbrothers.com

Loren

• View Profile
New to the forums..
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 01:04:14 PM »
I'll also take this opportunity to bark out a brief introduction:

Loren here (male), currently living in Boston - Chris, give me a shout if you're ever in town.

With regards to background, I had the good fortune to get my start in FMA with Guro Dan, Richard Bustillo, Alfonso "you need to feel this to appreciate it" Tamez  :lol:  , etc. back in the late 70's - early 80's, and am forever greatful to all of them, for far more than just the obvious.

Thanks to you Guro Crafty, for this forum (and your time) - it stands out as a unique resource for highly valuable information and discussion, the likes of which don't seem to be happening elsewhere.

Woof to all!

Loren

C-Kumu Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
New to the forums..
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 06:47:15 PM »
I might as well jump and say hi as well, I was fortunate enough to meet up with Dogzilla and Tom to train this past weekend. Looking forward to more training and meeting the rest of the tribe.

My background in the FMA is through Kelly Worden, through him I have been able to meet and "train" via seminars & camps with Leonard Trigg, Ted Lucay Lucay, Sonny Umpad, Jesse Glover, Brett Jacques and many more. I am really looking forward to training with Dogzilla and the crew I sense nothing but positive energy from them.

Aloha,
Robert
"You see, it's not the blood you spill that gets you what you want, it's the blood you share. Your family, your friendships, your community, these are the most valuable things a man can have." Before Dishonor - Hatebreed

peregrine

• Power User
    • View Profile
New to the forums..
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 02:26:53 AM »
hi Robert808.
i hope to train with you soon.

C-Kumu Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
New to the forums..
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 01:35:58 PM »
Me too peregrine, it feels good to be back in the swing again  :twisted:
"You see, it's not the blood you spill that gets you what you want, it's the blood you share. Your family, your friendships, your community, these are the most valuable things a man can have." Before Dishonor - Hatebreed

armydoc

• View Profile
Re: New to the forums..
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 01:08:01 PM »
Hi All!

I've been lurking for awhile and just recently joined.? ?I also sprung for a DBMAA membership.? I bought the original series of RCSF many years ago when they first came out.? ?I also had the honor and opportunity to attend a seminar with Top Dog when he was visiting his friend Dave Wink in Maryland a few years back.? ?I've done several different martial arts thru the years.? My main focus has been FMA and Wing Chun.? ?More recently I've been working on Scott Sonnon's (RMAX) material and it has led me back to an interest in FMA and what the Dog Brothers are doing.? I had plans to start a study group and really get back into the material again, but Uncle Sam had other ideas.? ?I'm a PM&R doc in the US Army and I'm soon to go to Iraq as a general medical officer with a 1st Cav unit out of Ft. Hood.? ?I recently purchased the Kali Tudo and Die Less Often series.? ?I've watched them both....good stuff!? I'm hoping the group of medics I will be working with on a daily basis will have some individuals interested in training with me....and of course that we will actually have the opportunity to train!? :-)? ? I'm living in El Paso now, so when I return from Iraq in a year I hope to look up Salty Dog in Sante Fe.? ?Anyway....a big "woof" to all!

Keith P. Myers
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 01:09:37 PM by armydoc »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 01:50:17 PM »
Welcome aboard and our humble thanks for stepping up for our country and our freedom.

ragsbo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 06:32:00 PM »
Hey you all, thought I would introduce myself too. I have been lurking here for a while. I like what I see and have learned stuff already. I will probable be doing more looking and reading than posting. A little background, Marine Corps vet (1979-1982), currently DOE/NCR security and DOE firearms instructor (21 years). Just an interested person looking to learn form those that know more.
This ain't the movies, and you ain't John Wayne!

bluesbassist

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 02:00:16 PM »
I'll resurrect this thread and introduce myself. My name is Mike Melone. I live in El Segundo, CA. I've been training FMA off and on for about 10 years. Started out in Manaois Eskrima with GM Conrad Manaois. Spent some time in Floro Fighting Systems with Marc Scott. Currently a DBMA student with Guro Crafty. I've also done some boxing, western fencing and a little MMA.

Stickgrappler

• Power User
  • "...grappling happens. It just does." - Top Dog
    • View Profile
    • Stickgrappler's Sojourn of Septillon Steps
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 06:10:58 AM »
I'll resurrect this thread and introduce myself. My name is Mike Melone. I live in El Segundo, CA. I've been training FMA off and on for about 10 years. Started out in Manaois Eskrima with GM Conrad Manaois. Spent some time in Floro Fighting Systems with Marc Scott. Currently a DBMA student with Guro Crafty. I've also done some boxing, western fencing and a little MMA.

woof bluebassist:

*bows deeply*

welcome aboard!

very truly yours,

~sg
"A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, and good stickgrappling and can keep track of all three simultaneously. This is a good trick and can be quite effective." - Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 08:29:52 AM »
Good to see you here BB  8-)