Author Topic: DBMA Military/LEO program  (Read 7419 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
DBMA Military/LEO program
« on: March 23, 2012, 06:07:21 PM »

I am now affiliated with Raidon Tactics:
http://raidontactics.com/hoplite/por...-martial-arts/

Raidon Tactics and Dog Brothers Martial Arts of Hermosa Beach, California have teamed in the past 3 months and developed new techniques for Gunfighter Combat Marksmanship (CMMS) and Hand to Hand Combat with knife and stick fighting integration.
Marc “Crafty Dog” Denny has brought his unique and realistic skills to the Raidon Tactics Team and together we have pioneered new fighting techniques and adapted them to the Gunfighter Series for a more agile, aggressive and better shooter in the arena of Gunfighting. His training and techniques have helped us immensely with our new “Crafty Dog” shooting stance and especially in the defense against the knife attack in a Close Quarters /Confined Space Shooting scenario. So with “Crafty Dog” Denny and his training team we have developed more ways for the Warfighter to be the victor in a combat situation.

About Raidon Tactics Head Instructor Frankie McCrae:
Frank McRae
Director of Training
He is the former head of the US Army Special Forces Advanced Reconnaissance Target Analysis and Exploitation Techniques Course (SFARTAETC) at Ft. Bragg N.C. He started his military career in the 1st Ranger Bn as an 11B infantryman. He served in the 1st Special Forces Group (ABN) Okinawa Japan, in Cco 1st Bn. 1st SFG(A) (C-1-1) where he was an assault team leader for F team,Troop 1 in the Combatant Commanders In-extremis Force (CIF) conducting operations in Operation Enduring Freedom. Advising, training and standing up the Light Reaction Company of the Armed Forces of the Phillipines (AFP). He was then assigned as an Instructor to the SFARTAETC at the Special Warfare Center and School in Ft. Bragg NC, was promoted and became the NCOIC of the course and awarded for having the highest graduation rate for the course in it’s twenty year history . He also served as a Troop SGM Troop 1 and Team SGT ODA-354 in B co 2nd Bn 3rd SFG(A) CIF in IRAQ as an Iraqi Counter-Terrorism Force (ICTF) Company SGM advisor and combat leader on many missions in Iraq and also attended the Israeli Counter-Terrorism Course as an exchange instructor.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: DBMA Military/LEO program
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 06:43:26 PM »
Shooting is a martial art. It only makes sense.

I need to see the "Crafty" shooting stance.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 10:52:53 PM »
Marc:

I wanted to let you know that since we have started working together I have learned a tremendous amount. More so with the adaptation of your fighting stance and the flexibility it offers for my Gunfighter series. I have found that it allows for a more mobile base to a more reflexive stance that keeps the shooter from becoming too lazy and moving into a Weaver stance.  Indeed, I think it no less an innovation than the Weaver stance and no less deserving of its own name and hereby propose “the Crafty Dog Stance”. 

Why?

You know how I feel about a restrictive position. The Crafty Dog gives a more powerful position to the shooter to start from  and makes movement easier. It is better for recoil management in a rapid shooting engagement and allows smaller shooters and women to shoot bigger handguns without all the shoulder involvement. It allows for better follow thru and for sure makes recovery easier for faster shooting and quicker target engagement for follow on shots. I just taught a three day Gunfighter course and some of the students had attended a previous course. They loved the new addition and thought it was better adapted to shooting as well. One student said it was more comfortable for him to use the Crafty Dog than a regular Isosceles because it put less stress on his lower back with all the kit on. Anything that helps our backs with 60lbs of body armor and kit  has got to be better than the normal. I wanted to thank you again for the mentoring and the new techniques you have taught me. I hope one day to be able to reciprocate as much.

Signed,
Frankie Mcrae

www.Raidon Tactics

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 04:41:47 AM »
Ah, interesting!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Guro Splinter Dog wins at the Tactical Games
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 08:41:58 PM »

DBMA Guro Splinter Dog Antone Haley won first place in the men's elite division at the 2019 tactical games event held in Georgia. It was a two day event which was held June 22 and 23.

He won a high end AR-15 as his prize. It was not CA legal so he asked the Tactical Games to raffle the rifle off and send the proceeds to the family of Tera O'Sullivan, a rookie female officer that was killed in Sacramento last week. She was ambushed while responding to a domestic disturbance call.

https://thetacticalgames.com/?fbclid=IwAR39IlM4FOtp1WM1TTrfNi0fS0ZAts2CvRPqhfsxaQZdw2wV4f91UnbPqRM

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Frankie McCrae at work
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 06:28:00 PM »