My random thoughts on this video in no particular order:
1. I have less than 30 days left in Costa Rica and have been filling the days with teaching self defense classes for the local gringos. One of my opening lines is to the effect of violence can happen anywhere at any time
and this video is clear evidence of that. I wish I knew the back story of why this happened. i.e., Revenge attack? Random psycho?
2. Dog Catcher anyone? Perfect time to utilize that technique to be sure. I only hope I can pull it off if I ever need to. Knowing how to do it and doing it are two different things however just like anything else. E.g. I just watched a video of myself getting destroyed with a shock knife on YouTube. In those quick couple seconds I didn’t do a damn thing right and I had just trained the DC the month prior with Guru Crafty and Poi Dog! Sobering to say the least…
3. If the shop owner wasn’t armed I’m not sure the guy in the dark grey or the shop owner would still be alive. On that note, if the guy in dark grey hadn’t attracted the attention of the knife wielder the shop owner would never have had a chance to access that firearm.
** Note to self, if I ever find myself working in a convenience store keep my pistol on me. Not in a place I need to be directly adjacent to in order to grab it. Especially not in a place that my body is blocking while I’m trying to fend off a gnarly long blade! That being said, not sure he would have had time to access it anyway. 21’ feet be damned!
4. Interesting to see the length of time it takes for the wounds to really begin to show. I wonder how much he really knew about the extent of his injuries until the blood started to really come.
5. Lucky he nailed the guy on the first shot with the ‘full homie gangsta’ grip. I don’t even think he had a sight picture period let alone just the front site on target. Considering the statistics on LEO misses at close range that was pretty lucky.
6. Lucky this wasn't Pizza Hut or he'd be fired!