Author Topic: Your rambling ruminations  (Read 6651 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Your rambling ruminations
« on: December 21, 2010, 05:52:13 PM »
Woof All:

As the sun sets on this the shortest day of the year, it seems like a good time to reflect on where we have been this past year and where we think to go in the year that comes. 

This thread is a place for any and all of you to share more reflective thoughts-- regardless of the time of year.

WAAWFAYD,
Crafty Dog

maija

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Your rambling ruminations
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 06:52:45 AM »
It's been a good year of learning, and I had the opportunity to train with some great teachers, notably Rory Miller.
More pieces of the puzzle have started falling into place on how to pass on Maestro Sonny's material, and seeing progress in students has been very satisfying. I'm still working on ways to keep my skills sharp, and improving on them as I can. The stresses due to the state of the economy have made it hard to focus sometimes, but I am certainly glad of my practice. It is engaging, creative and absorbing - a real gift.
I hope to have more opportunities to be a student in 2011, and spending more time writing and documenting Sonny's art.
Wishing everybody all the best in 2011.
Maija
It will seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first.
Miyamoto Musashi.

danicasdad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 01:45:22 AM »
i was reminded by a new friend that i have studied and trained with the best this year.
my teacher gm rutano, guro lafantaisie, guro denny, guro knaus, guro gelinas, and gm gaje.
also, being able to step onto the mats at the open gathering was a great honor and the subsequent cascade of richness and self discovery as a result of facing that fear was a great blessing.
i still give the majority of my life and time away to my employment situation. as negative a situation as it may seem, i'm able to provide for my family in a way i never though possible.
i will find more time, somewhere and somehow, to train and have made contacts in the mining town i live in to do so. hopefully this opens some doors to study more dbma material ala dvds and perhaps gain a better understanding of what i need to do on at the next gathering.

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 06:46:29 PM »
Maybe Im "Man Looking" as my wife says, but could not find the sayings, quotes, etc. thread.  Just felt like sharing a line from a book I am in the middle of at this time;

"We are going to Win this fight--and we'll do it by getting inside the enemy's decision cycle."  -  General Franks

Getting inside the enemy's DECISION CYCLE   8-)  :roll:

yip,
KD
V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 06:55:20 PM »
Your confusion is probably due to it being on the SCH forum at

http://dogbrothers.com/phpBB2/index.php?topic=1522.0

You have permission to open a thread here on this forum for quotes specifically pertaining to martial arts, the warrior spirit, etc.

Point Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 12:48:10 PM »
The past year has taught me that you can't take it all with you, as you transition from one state to another, there is not enough room in your cup.

You have to decide what is important and do it every day, if it is not important then you have to question why it is you carry it with you.

Some aspects of your past self are so tied up with your image of 'self' that to move forward you have to cut a piece of yourself off, otherwise you will be dragged backwards and drown in your own self-doubt.

You have to have the courage to question your own identity if you wish to move forward and seize new opportunities.