Author Topic: New DBMA Classes Starting March 1st in Chino Hills, California  (Read 9599 times)

Guide Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • Stoops Martial Arts Academy
New DBMA Classes Starting March 1st in Chino Hills, California
« on: February 17, 2011, 07:12:11 PM »
Starting on Tuesday, March 1st, I will be teaching regular weekly classes in my garage in Chino Hills. I will be teaching on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday nights. My current schedule includes up to 32 hours a month of class time.

Professionally, I am a high school teacher. I'm about to earn my doctorate from the University of La Verne (a little private college in SoCal) and I am on to my next goal, which is to open up a commercial martial arts school. I am hoping to build enough students who would like to train with me regularly so that I can eventually transfer to a commercial facility with a student base all ready to follow me.

I start each evening off with an hour of Phase Class, the curriculum for which is composed of eight different martial arts; there is always a DBMA section. DBMA is one of the eight arts I would like my students to experience. Friday nights, I have budgeted a full hour of class time in my weekly schedule for DBMA. There is a DBMA section in all of my testing requirements. I am both a full Dog Brother and a Lakan Guro in the DB curriculum. If you would someday like to fight at a Gathering, I can help you with that. If you are only interested in the practitioner path, I can help you with that. If you would like to do both, I can help you with that. It is important to note that if you would like to learn DBMA, participating as a fighter (which is far out of the comfort zone of most people) and is not required. DBMA is one of the martial curriculums I require my students to explore; if you wish to take it further and fight, that is appreciated but not mandatory.

Your first night of training is always free, so you can come and train and get a feel for what I have to offer. I'll explain my fee structure after class if you want more info, and you could start the next evening I offer classes if you like. The people who start with me will lock in their rates if and when I do transfer to a commercial facility regardless of more hours offered or a more comprehensive schedule. My curriculum is written, and will stay the same from garage to commercial facility.

If you would like more info, please visit my website at: http://stoopsma.com

or e-mail me at bryan@stoopsma.com or give me a call at 909-606-4315
Dr. Bryan Stoops, Ed.D.
Semi-Private/Private Instruction
Offered in Chino Hills, California
JKD/FMA/Silat/muay Thai/DBMA,
Savate/Wing Chun/grappling
http://stoops-martial-arts-academy.com/
bryan@stoopsma.com

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: New DBMA Classes Starting March 1st in Chino Hills, California
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 02:46:10 PM »
Recommended!

Scurvy Dog

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 06:07:30 PM »
Congrats !!!  :-D

Poidog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 04:59:19 PM »
Congratulations, Guide Dog!!
Who dares wins - British SAS

bjung

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 07:43:33 AM »
congrats and good luck!

Guide Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 04:52:56 PM »
Thanks for the good wishes from everyone. The tee-shirts are on their way. Pappy has set me up with sticks and training daggers. The class Thai pads and focus mitts are also set to arrive shortly. This is very exciting.
Dr. Bryan Stoops, Ed.D.
bryan@stoopsma.com

Guide Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 08:04:01 AM »
Classes start tonight at 7PM. Tee-shirts arrived yesterday. If you would like to attend, please send me an e-mail: bryan@stoopsma.com
Dr. Bryan Stoops, Ed.D.
bryan@stoopsma.com

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 12:40:52 PM »
An Adventure begins  8-)

jcordova

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 07:06:59 PM »
How exciting, congratulations Guide Dog.

Guide Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: New DBMA Classes Started March 1st in Chino Hills, California
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 09:49:35 PM »
At the risk of being self-promoting, I am going to move this thread back to the top. I am a high school teacher, and I just successfully defended my dissertation to earn my Doctor of Education Degree (Ed.D.) from the University of La Verne. My next goal is to open a commercial martial arts school. I simply do not have the money to do so on pure speculation right now, so I am hoping to build my student base before moving to a commercial facility.

With my first month of regular classes coming to a close, I have 9 students signed up for monthly training. When I hit 15, I will feel good about renting a facility in the Chino/Chino Hills area. If you live inland, and do not have access to Guro Crafty, or some of the other amazing instructors based to the west of us folks in the IE (that's Inland Empire to non-Cali people), please take a look at my Website and think about making it out for a free evening of training. My current rates for regular training are well below industry standards. In the future, when when I am in a bigger facility and offering more hours of class a week, your current rates will stay the same forever as a way of my saying thank you for starting with me from the beginning.

We already have tee-shirts, a curriculum, a student manual, and a collection of training equipment. All we need are more students to warrant moving to a bigger place. There is no catch. There is no other instructor in the area offering classes in the arts I teach.

http://stoopsma.com

I look forward to meeting you soon.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 09:55:10 PM by Guide Dog »
Dr. Bryan Stoops, Ed.D.
bryan@stoopsma.com

JSworth

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2011, 09:37:32 PM »
Sounds great. I'd love to get out there and train, but I live in Hemet and until I get my current situation with my car worked out I just won't be able to make it. Good luck though. And I hope in the future I can come out and train with you.

Guide Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 08:09:36 AM »
Understood. Hope to train with you in the future.
Dr. Bryan Stoops, Ed.D.
bryan@stoopsma.com