Author Topic: R.I.P. C-Desert Dog  (Read 29848 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
R.I.P. C-Desert Dog
« on: February 20, 2011, 12:10:32 PM »
A Sad Howl:

I just received a tragic phone call from Lonely Dog.

C-Desert Dog is dead, at 40-something years old.  He leaves a wife and 3 (?) children.

Information is sparse at this time.  What Lonely told me is that at a light sparring day C-Desert Dog, who always came fit and ready (his stick skill impressed me at the August '10 Gathering) sparred a few matches and, saying he wasn't feeling well, sat down.  I am told that a) it was truly a light sparring day and b) he did not receive any head shots. 

Regardless, shortly thereafter he began to have an elevated pulse and rapid, shallow breathing.  His eyes rolled back in his head and he passed out.  Immediate resuscitation measures were applied.  EMTs were there in 5 minutes and tried reviviing him for two hours, to no avail.

This is all the info we have at present.  C-Desert was a member of Cro Dog's clan in Germany.   I have emailed Cro Dog for additional information.  Lonely and I will be soliciting donations on behalf of the family.

The Adventure continues,
Crafty Dog
GF

Spartan Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • Dog Brothers Training Group - Athens, Greece
Re: R.I.P. C-Desert Dog
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 12:45:23 PM »
I am very sorry to hear about this.  I met and fought against C-Desert Dog last Euro gathering...he was exceptionally good, and very fit.  

I was hoping for a re-match at the next one, but sadly, this will never be.  R.I.P. brother, it was a pleasure to get to know you.  
You will be missed.

C-Desert Dog, at left...

« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 04:08:20 AM by Kostas »
Dog Brothers Training Group, Athens, Greece
http://www.dogbrothers.gr/

Gong Fu Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 02:47:38 PM »
I've met C-Desert Dog at the last Euro Gathering. He was one of the nicest guys I have ever met!!

Rest in Peace my friend

Poidog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 04:55:03 PM »
Rest in peace, C-Desert Dog, you and your family are in my prayers tonight. My sincerest condolences to his family and the Euro tribes. I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but if he was was Candidate Dog Brother, I know I would have liked him.

E ho`omaha me ka maluhia, koa. Aloha `oe. (Rest in peace, warrior. Farewell to you.)

Me ke Aloha, Poi
Who dares wins - British SAS

Scurvy Dog

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 05:59:07 PM »
Sad news. RIP C-Desert Dog.

"Pass then through this little space of time conformably to nature,
and end thy journey in content, just as an olive falls off when it is ripe,
blessing nature who produced it, and thanking the tree on which it grew."

— Marcus Aurelius (Meditations)

Point Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 03:17:17 AM »
He was a true Brother, always full of energy.  You couldn't help but be happy whenever he was around.

He always had time to speak to you and would go out of his way to cheer you up if you were down.

Sleep well Brother, I miss you.

lonelydog

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dogbrothers.ch
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 06:56:37 AM »
-

A sad wuff,

Abu "C- Desert Dog" Vanda passed away last Saturday 19. February.

Abu participated last weekend at the Sparring Meeting that is monthly hosted by Torben “c- Old Dog”. A very nice event to which many fighters from all over Germany participate. This S-Day was even a special one as it was the 50th Sparring Meeting of the Wolfpack.

The S-Day commenced very well, the participant were in good mood and the vibes were relaxed and happy.
Abu was warming up with double stick, and hearing music through headsets. He was as always very motivated and elated to do as many fights as possible.

As usual the day started with Knife fights as warm up, Abu did the last Knife fight before switching over to stick fights. 
He did three single stick fights, his fights where very technical and with no hard contact, easy sparring just.

His last two fights where in a row, and his last fight ended up in clinch and ground. There was no hit to the head, no hard takedown, no hard impact at all. He got up and seemed fine, just a bit winded maybe.
He went from the fighting area and sat down on the stairs, talking to his last sparring partner in a friendly manner, whilst the next fight continued. He comment that he feels a bit short-winded, and that two fights in a row might have been a little to much.

After that he was starting to hyperventilate. Torben talked to him and encourage him to breath calmly. View seconds later, his eyes rolled back - no pulse, no breath. One of the fighter that stood near by started immediately with the revival, he indeed acted very professional.

The emergency ambulance was instantly called, and they arrived just a view minutes later. The also started immediately with their revival. They did their work for almost 120 minutes before they declared him dead – It seems that he was dead just when his eyes rolled back.

Abu was part of the munich clan and so I met him the first time. That must be 4 or 5 years ago. Since then I saw him on different seminars I gave in Germany and Switzerland. He also fought regularly at our “Gathering of the Pack” in Switzerland.

I know that Dog Brothers meant all the world for him. He was always enthusiastic when I saw him at seminars and gatherings. He truly loved stickfighting. I know that he was very happy when he got his Candidate DB name.

He died doing what he love the most. He walked as a Warrior for all his days and died as a Stickfighter.

My thoughts are with his family and all the friends he knew.

I talked with Guro Marc “Crafty Dog” and GL Stefan “Cro Dog”, we agreed that we want to do something to help his family monetary. He left behind a wife and 3 kids.

One of the idea is that the Group Leaders who want to help, organize a seminar at their hometown and will donate the proceeds.
If you have interest to do such please get in contact with me.

Abu "C- Desert Dog" Vanda I will truly miss your breeziness…

Guro Benjamin “Lonely Dog” Rittiner

-

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 07:29:52 AM »
As soon as we have contact info for the family, we will be organizing an effort to raise money through donations as well.

bjung

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 07:41:49 AM »
damn. i never met him, but this makes me very sad.  :cry:

Matt Tucker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 09:32:52 AM »
I am stunned,

A wonderful laughing, smiling and kind man. Whether you needed someone to dance with, some food or water after a long journey or someone to make you laugh,  Abu was always there to lend a hand. We will miss you our friend

'Brothers together, fighting from the heart'

Matt and Jordan

Growling Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 09:57:08 AM »

Woof Everyone

Toro Clan sends their condolences to his family and friends, we will help any way we can
those who do not listen learn through feeling

Stickgrappler

• Power User
  • "...grappling happens. It just does." - Top Dog
    • View Profile
    • Stickgrappler's Sojourn of Septillon Steps
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 11:09:44 AM »
My deepest condolences to the Vanda family and friends as well as the Euro clans. It saddens me greatly.

R.I.P. C-Desert Dog
"A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, and good stickgrappling and can keep track of all three simultaneously. This is a good trick and can be quite effective." - Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny

pappydog

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2011, 11:37:26 AM »
I am so sorry hear the news. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. He is our brother. I will begin to think about some fundraising ideas for his family.

Kind Regards,

Pappy Dog

Miguel Lopez

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2011, 02:44:24 PM »
My deepest condolences, especially to their family and all the clan of Germany…, the lost one is very great from Spain, were an authentic warrior and friend.
Miguel Angel Lopez.

bigdog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 03:05:06 PM »
I've struggled for a day to say what I want to in a manner worthy of C-Desert Dog.  I did not meet him, but I still have a sense of loss.  My heart goes out to his family and friends, and to those on this forum who were both.  When we lose a piece of the puzzle, we lose a piece of ourselves.  RIP warrior. 

AndrewBole

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 03:15:53 PM »
oh my god, I am lost for words.....I really dont know what to say here. Big, big tragedy. Wife and 3 kids.....

condolences, rest in peace Abu

Scotty Dog

• Frequent Poster
  • It's Only a flesh wound
    • View Profile
    • DBMA UK
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2011, 12:03:43 AM »
I'm sure I speak for all the Scottish Clan's when I say that your thoughts and prayers are with C-Desert Dog's family and the whole of Cro Dog's clan.

I wish I was more eloquent, so that I could better express the sadness that I'm sure we all feel.

RIP Brother 
"Cos Beliefs, are just that. They're nothing, they're how your taught and raised. That doesn't make them real...
Everything you've learned is in fact just learned & not necessarily true"

Bill Hicks

Guide Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • Stoops Martial Arts Academy
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2011, 04:54:08 PM »
What a terrible, shocking loss. My condolences...
Dr. Bryan Stoops, Ed.D.
Semi-Private/Private Instruction
Offered in Chino Hills, California
JKD/FMA/Silat/muay Thai/DBMA,
Savate/Wing Chun/grappling
http://stoops-martial-arts-academy.com/
bryan@stoopsma.com

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2011, 06:02:18 PM »
My deepest condolences from the Kaju Dog family.
V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

jcordova

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2011, 12:19:15 PM »
My deepest condolences to his family.  Eventhough I never knew him, I felt a big loss. May God bless him and his family.

sting

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2011, 04:05:48 PM »
I'm sorry to read this.  What a shock to have a competitive athlete leave us so mysteriously.  Still, it's an ideal way to go.  On behalf of myself and my fighting friends in the Baltic-Dog clan, may C-Desert Dog be fighting and drinking in Valhalla.
Baltic Dog

Go Shin Jutsu Kenpo (Prof. Richard Lewis)
3rd Degree Black Belt Instructor

Bono JKD/Kajukenbo (Prof. John Bono)
Gentlemen's Fighting Club

pau

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2011, 05:04:08 PM »
R.I.P From Mexico and peace of mind and spirit to the family

Rafael Lozano.
guau desde mex ^^

woof from mex ^^

The Tao

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2011, 08:30:36 PM »
My sincere condolences to family and friends. I have nothing that I can say other than it would have been wonderful to meet him.

unstpabl1

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2011, 11:56:40 PM »
Sorry for your loss

Seeing-Eye Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2011, 01:27:48 PM »
My condolences.  RIP, warrior.
DVM SPIRO, SPERO

Dan Farley

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2011, 02:18:11 PM »
Very sad and unsettling news.  I hope the family is able to recover from this.  Thoughts and prayers sent their way. 

lonelydog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2011, 01:21:27 PM »
-

Dear members of the Tribe and friends

The autopsy bring out the cause of Abu’s dead. He had a cardiac arrest induced by a congenital heart defect in conjunction with a chronic pulmonary disease and a premeditate flu.

Given above indication, nothing on earth could have rescued him or could have provided any chance to survive.

Torben “C-Old Dog”, Stefan “Cro Dog” and myself had the chance to get in contact with Abu’s widow. It was a good to have the opportunity to give our condolence directly to her. It was also a big relief to hear, that she found it comfortingly to know in what circumstances Abu had to pass away. She was glad to hear that he was surrounded by people he liked  and practicing his precious stickfighting. 

I was touched by her fortitude.

I was glad to see how big the resonance was and how many people from the DB community gave their condolence. 

It was wonderful to see how many people are willing to donate, in order to decrease the financial pressure to the family. 

We will get in contact with Abu’s widow by end of march to convey the collected donation.

If you wish to donate please do so until 25. march. You have 2 possibilities:

1. Through Stefan “Cro Dog” paypal account, Stefan.Kostanjevec@googlemail.com

2. Torben “C-Old Dog” banc account, please get in contact with me (lonelydog@dogbrothers.ch)  and I will give you personally his banc account details.

Thanks

Wuff
Benjamin “Lonely Dog”

-

lonelydog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2011, 01:47:35 AM »

prentice crawford

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2011, 06:10:02 PM »
Woof Lonely Dog,
 Those photos are a nice tribute to C- Desert Dog, it's difficult times that bring people closer together and although his loss is devastating, his spirit strengthens us all. My condolences to his family, his friends and fellow warriors, may God's shield protect him in all his endless adventures.
                                         P.C.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 04:06:36 PM by prentice crawford »

Nicolás

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2011, 03:45:01 PM »

My sincere condolences to family, friends and training partners.

From Argentina

Nicolás

denis

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2011, 02:20:23 PM »
ruhe in frieden abu.
it was a sad saturday for all of us, i will miss you..

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
From Cro Dog
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2011, 12:02:38 PM »

Woof:

He was a stickfighter!!!

But stickfighting wasn`t the most important thing in his life. His family was...
He leaves his widow, two grown sons and his 8 year old daughter.

Today I did a "In memoriam Akram C-Desert Dog Abu-Dayyeh Seminar" here in Munich. His widow was there. too.
Most of the Munich dogbrother clan joined the seminar today, Chris "C-Rogue Dog" Smith and his wife were there.

I am still impressed by the strength of his widow. I had the chance to speak to her for a couple of minutes.
She said, Abu did everything for his family, now that he his gone she realizes, that she had a life like a princess.
His daughter (who shows great promise for tennis) had a tennis tournament last sunday. She said, that she will win it for her father. So she did. She won the tournament...

I started the seminar with a little speech, followed by a minute`s silence.
Abu´s widow joined our circle and read a poem Abu wrote a couple of days before his passing. The poem deals with the death...
Most of us had to fight back one`s tears.

After that we had a good time (Los Triques), doing what Abu enjoyed so much. The complete earnings of the seminar and donations from the Munich clan went directly to his widow, in order to be a fast help.

The widow got today from the Munich clan 1.070 €!!!

This made me very proud...

The collection goes on, I got already an remarkable amount at the paypal account.

If you want to make donations please use my paypal account:
stefan.kostanjevec@googlemail.com

Also big thanks from his widow, to all of you. She read all the posts from the forum, it lightens her pain to read that her man was also respected in the Dog Brother Tribe.

Woof
Stefan Cro Dog

Munich Dogbrother Clan

Spartan Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • Dog Brothers Training Group - Athens, Greece
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2011, 10:25:47 AM »
Since our posts are  helpful, please allow me to share this story....

I got to know Abu at the last Gathering....he was "Dog" Abu then.  Our fight was the first day - and he was a difficult opponent - he would switch from right to left hand as he was zooming back and forth, so it was tricky to know where his next attack would come from.  However, his "style" was not frantic - it fitted him well, and was natural to him.

The next day, as we headed to the gym for the 2nd day of fighting,  I said to him "...Abu, I have the feeling that at this Gathering, you will be promoted to Candidate Dog Brother..." He seemed not so sure about that - though he was confident about his fighting, he did not have an overblown opinion of his abilities.

The next day, not only was he promoted, but Guro Crafty singled him out as having developed an interesting and effective personal style.  Though I did not know Abu well, I remember him as full of energy, good at what he did, yet humble.

I've said before, he will be missed. :-(

Dog Brothers Training Group, Athens, Greece
http://www.dogbrothers.gr/

Point Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2011, 12:36:04 PM »
Thought about Abu today.

Myself, C-Full Metal, C-Rogue and Abu were considered to be the 'pack jokers'.  When one of us would do something funny Abu would shout "xxx du bist super!"  We started to do this for my son Dougal when he did something funny.

He did something today that made me exclaim "Dougal! Du bist super!"

Then I remembered who started it, I miss Abu.

My thought go out to his family.