Dog Brothers Public Forum

HOME | PUBLIC FORUM | MEMBERS FORUM | INSTRUCTORS FORUM | TRIBE FORUM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2016, 05:31:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the Dog Brothers Public Forum.
97448 Posts in 2328 Topics by 1082 Members
Latest Member: James
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Dog Brothers Public Forum
|-+  Politics, Religion, Science, Culture and Humanities
| |-+  Politics & Religion
| | |-+  Political Rants & interesting thought pieces
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] Print
Author Topic: Political Rants & interesting thought pieces  (Read 396901 times)
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1600 on: July 06, 2016, 10:49:41 AM »

Awesome!

Can someone here save if before FB deletes it again?
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1601 on: July 06, 2016, 11:17:41 AM »

Nevermind , , , http://www.snopes.com/arab-guy-renouncing-faith-television/
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1602 on: July 07, 2016, 03:26:45 PM »

The 20 Repubs who confirmed Lynch.  OTOH did it really make a difference?  It wasn't like Obama was not going to nominate someone who is not leftist and under his control:

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/07/20-republicans-are-responsible-for-loretta-lynch
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1603 on: July 07, 2016, 04:05:26 PM »

Wrong thread.
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1604 on: July 11, 2016, 12:47:39 PM »

My response to the NY Jewish liberal Chait is to claim Obama's rise to power mirrors Lenin and Stalin.  Oh to be sure , Obama is not a genocidal Stalin but the parallels are very striking.    tongue

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/07/donald-trump-and-hitlers-rise-to-power.html
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1605 on: July 12, 2016, 01:53:37 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oahkGuG09SE&feature=youtu.be
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1606 on: July 14, 2016, 09:49:48 AM »

http://thefederalist.com/2016/07/11/if-you-dont-want-police-to-shoot-you-dont-resist-arrest/
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1607 on: July 14, 2016, 05:03:44 PM »

What is going on?  I posted I though Netanyahu's $1400 haircut was a bit much and then this:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article89533592.html

Ben got a good deal.  Why can't the find a Mexican to cut their hair for $20?
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1608 on: July 14, 2016, 06:49:41 PM »

Was that a rant or interesting thought piece?   cheesy
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1609 on: July 14, 2016, 07:02:01 PM »

"Was that a rant or interesting thought piece? "

Both. 

Or it could go under "humor or WTF"
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1610 on: July 20, 2016, 11:06:20 AM »

From the post which opens this thread:

"I open this thread for all WELL-WRITTEN and REASONED political rants and interesting thought pieces." 

ccp
Power User

« Reply #1611 on: July 26, 2016, 06:31:06 AM »

and Putin.  Should Vlad get the pulitzer (with small P) prize ?   smiley

http://www.wnd.com/2016/07/will-putin-get-a-pulitzer/
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1612 on: August 07, 2016, 08:33:05 AM »

As usual Ann throws in some specious bullsh*t (the confederate flag argument) but the main point is dead on.

THE WRATH OF KHAN
August 3, 2016 - Ann Coulter

Khizr Khan, the Muslim "Gold Star Father" who harangued Americans at the Democratic National Convention, with a mute, hijab-wearing wife at his side, is just another in a long string of human shields liberals send out to defend their heinous policies. The "Jersey Girls" were the classic example, first described in that magnificent book Godless: The Church of Liberalism .

In order to shut down a debate they're losing, Democrats find victims to make their arguments for them, pre-empting counter-argument by droning on about the suffering of their victim-spokesperson. Alternative opinions must be preceded by proof that the speaker has "sacrificed" more than someone who lost a child, a husband, or whatever.

Khan's argument, delivered angrily and in a thick Pakistani accent at the DNC, is that "our" Constitution requires us to continue the nonstop importation of Muslims.

If the U.S. Constitution required us to admit more than 100,000 Muslims a year -- as we do -- we'd already be living in Pakistan, and Khan wouldn't have had to move to get that nice feeling of home. So the "argument" part of Khan's point is gibberish.

Luckily, Khan had Part Two: His son died in Iraq, whereas Donald Trump does not have a son who died in Iraq, so he can't say anything.

Yes, a candidate for president of the United States is supposed to be prohibited from discussing a dangerous immigration program because Khan's son was one of fourteen (14!) Muslim servicemen killed by other Muslims in our wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. That's why we're obligated to import yet more Muslims – including, undoubtedly, some just like the ones who killed his son. Q.E.D.!

If you think that doesn't make any sense, keep your yap shut, unless you lost a child in Iraq, too.

There were virtually no Muslims in America before Teddy Kennedy's 1965 immigration act. Today, we admit more immigrants from Muslim countries than from Great Britain.

Are Americans allowed to have an opinion on whether that's a good idea?

So far, it's worked out great!

In addition to the sudden appearance of honor killings, clitorectomies, hijabs and massive government frauds, Muslim immigrants have given us: The most devastating terrorist attack in world history, followed by terrorist attacks at Fort Hood, the Boston Marathon, a military recruiting center in Chattanooga, Times Square, Vaughan Foods in Oklahoma, San Bernardino and an Orlando nightclub, among other places.

We've admitted 2 million Muslims just since 9/11 – that’s more than had been admitted before 9/11. If we don't make it 3 million, we're monsters? May we ask how many Muslims Khan's mystery Constitution requires -- or is that out of bounds unless we had a child who died in Iraq?

Apparently, sending out a victim to make their argument was the only option left for the "Make America Muslim!" crowd.

After Trump  somehow got the crazy idea that a presidential candidate was allowed to discuss government policies and proposed a temporary ban on Muslim immigration -- which, by the way, is perfectly constitutional -- the entire media and political class erupted in a sputtering rage.

Conscience of a Nation, Speaker Paul Ryan proclaimed: "That's not who we are." Jeb! Bush made the subtle and clever argument that Trump was "unhinged." Marco Rubio called any pause in Muslim immigration "offensive." ABC News' Jonathan Karl called Trump's plan "outrageous" -- which was way better than MSNBC, where Trump was compared to white supremacists and Nazis.

White House spokesman Josh Earnest said Trump had "disqualifie(d)" himself from "serving as president" for suggesting any slowdown in Muslim immigration. Vice President Joe Biden -- tribune of blue-collar Americans everywhere! -- said that if Trump were the nominee, Hillary would "win in a walk."

Then it turned out Trump's Muslim ban was a huge hit with actual voters. Hillary, who promises to quadruple the number of Syrian "refugees" we bring in, is quite far from winning "in a walk."

So the media and political class had no choice: They had to produce a victim to make their argument, in order to block any response. For their next trick, Democrats plan to produce a little girl whose parents were recently murdered to present their tax plan. (Better make sure they weren't killed by an illegal alien!)

Does anyone know what Khan thinks of gays? How about miniskirts? Alcohol? Because I gather we're going to have to turn all our policies over to him, too. What have you sacrificed, Barney Frank??

Muslim troops accounted for 0.2 percent of all U.S. troop deaths in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. Southerners accounted for 38 percent of those killed in Iraq and 47 percent in Afghanistan.

What has South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley "sacrificed" compared to the families of these men? How about Nikki put their flag back up?

The Confederate flag won't lead to thousands of dead and maimed Americans, as Muslim immigration does. The only danger posed by the Confederate flag is that media elites will hold the South in even greater contempt than they already do, assuming that's possible.

But as long as they brought it up, if only people who lost children in our wars may discuss public policy, then only they should vote, not only on how many more Muslim immigrants this country needs, but on all government policies. What has Chuck Todd sacrificed? Have any current members of The New York Times editorial board ever lost a son in war? (Fighting on the American side.)

The inevitable conclusion to the hysteria over Khan is that only those who have worn the uniform and heard shots fired in anger can vote in our elections. Hello, media? Hey -- where'd everybody go?

COPYRIGHT 2016 ANN COULTER
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1613 on: August 17, 2016, 03:23:42 PM »

The doctor who is all over the news sites - huffington compost then to yahoo news questions Trump's doctors letter.

I question her to some extent.   She is board certified in obgyn AND pain medicine ( or one spot states physical rehab) .  I can tell you that in my experience that 100 % of doctors go into pain medicine for the lucrative money they can make.  It is far more likely she went into that from OB gyn than the other way around though maybe not. 

she lists herself as "sexpert".   I never heard of the field of "sexpert" so that comes off as a self promotional label.  And "Canadian Spice" sounds totally San Fransisco where she appears to be based.

Bottom line she is full of it with an agenda:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jennifer-gunter/im-a-doctor-heres-concerning-trumps-medical-letter_b_11565838.html?
objectivist1
Power User

« Reply #1614 on: August 20, 2016, 08:25:37 AM »

How The Globalists Will Attempt To Control Populations Post-Collapse

Wednesday, 17 August 2016   Brandon Smith

There is an interesting disconnect with some people when discussing the concept of global centralization. Naturally, the mind reels in horror at the very idea, because many of us know, deep down at our core, that centralization is the root of tyranny.  We know that when absolute power is granted into the hands of an elite few over the lives of the masses, very bad things happen.  No small group of people has ever shown itself trustworthy, rational, empathic or wise enough to handle such a responsibility.  They ALWAYS screw it up, or, they deliberately take advantage of their extreme position of influence to force a particular ideology on everyone else.

This leads to resistance, resistance leads to sociopolitical crackdown and then great numbers of people are imprisoned, enslaved or even murdered.  This leads to even more resistance until one of two possible outcomes emerges — chaos and revolution or complete totalitarianism and micro-managed collectivism.

There is no way around this eventual conflict.  As long as the centralists continue to pursue total power, men and women will gather to fight them and the situation will escalate.  The only conceivable way that this fight could be defused is if the elites stop doing what they do.  If they suddenly become enlightened and realize the error of their ways, then perhaps we could escape the troubles unscathed.  Or, if those same elites all happen to meet an abrupt end and their influence is neutralized, then the world might have a chance to adjust and adapt in a more organic fashion.

Unfortunately, there are people who refuse to believe that a fight is unavoidable.  They desperately want to believe there is another way, and they will engage in an amazing display of mental gymnastics in order to justify this belief.

First, I think it is important to note that I have always argued that the globalists will eventually fail in their pursuit.  I find that some folks out there misinterpret my position when I outline the strategies of globalists and they assume I am presenting global centralization as a “sine qua non.”  I do not argue that the elites will win the fight, I only argue that there is no way to avoid the fight.

Those that want to know my views on why globalist defeat is a certainty can read my article The Reasons Why The Globalists Are Destined To Lose.

The rhetorical question always arises:  “How could the globalists ever hope to secure dominance over the entire world; isn’t that an impossible task?”

I believe according to my knowledge of history and human psychology that it IS an impossible task, but that is NOT going to stop the globalists from trying.

This is what the cynics just don’t seem to grasp; we are dealing with a group of narcissistic psychopaths organized around a cult ideology and with nearly unlimited resources at their fingertips.  These people think they are rising man-gods, like the Egyptian pharaohs of old.  They cannot be persuaded through superior logic or emotional appeal.  They will not be deterred by mass activism or peaceful redress.  They only understand one thing — the force of arms and the usefulness of lies.

Such people are notorious for taking entire civilizations down with them rather than ceding their thrones.  It is foolish to plan a response to them on the assumption that a fight can be avoided.  When I say that the globalists are “destined to lose,” this is predicated on my understanding that a certain percentage of human beings will always have an inherent capacity for resistance to tyranny.  The globalists will be defeated because there is no way to quantify every single threat to their utopian framework.  As long as people continue to fight them, physically and with information, regardless of the personal cost, their weaknesses will be found and they will fall.

This will not be accomplished, however, without considerable sacrifice.

When I talk about "collapse", I am talking about a process.  Collapse is not an singular event, it is an ongoing series of events.  The U.S. has, for example, been in the middle of a collapse since 2008.  The end of this collapse will come when the final economic bubble propping up our system has burst and the process of rebuilding begins.  The most important questions is, WHO will do the rebuilding?  The globalists with their power agenda, or common people seeking freedom and prosperity?

I have outlined in numerous articles the reality that an ongoing destabilization of large portions of the global economic framework will be used by the elites as leverage to convince the public that greater centralization is necessary, including global economic management through the IMF and BIS, a global currency using the IMF’s Special Drawing Rights as a bridge and global governance through the United Nations or a similar body not yet developed.  This plan is becoming more and more openly discussed by globalists within the mainstream media.  It’s hardly a secret anymore.

Many people will undoubtedly support this centralization out of fear of instability.  That said, many people will also refuse to support it.

Here is how I believe, according to historical precedence and the globalist’s own writings, that they will attempt to assert global centralization post-collapse and enforce compliance.

Resource Management And Distribution

As I point out in many of my articles on the necessity for localism, without ample food, water and shelter self-maintained by groups of like minded citizens, no resistance can be mounted against a centralizing force.  If you cannot supply your own logistics, then you must resort to stealing them from the enemy.  Obviously, it is less risky to supply yourself if possible.

Post-collapse, when rule of law in many places has broken down and resources can no longer be transferred safely from region to region, the name of the game will be control of necessities and the producers of necessities.  This is also used by totalitarians when the danger of unrest is present.  A prime example of this method in action was the Stalinist consolidation of the Soviet Union.

The fact is, successful rebellions in occupied nations tend to grow in rural surroundings.  Cities are often strongholds for totalitarians because they offer more means of surveillance, a more passive population and, once taken over, they are easier to secure and defend.  I call this the “green zone doctrine;” the use of locked down cities as pivot points to launch attacks on rural people.

Stalin used this very model, sending troops from controlled cities to plunder resources from outlying farming communities.  He then stored these supplies for “redistribution;” the people deemed most useful to the regime were fed, the people deemed not useful or potential threats were not fed.  In the end, Stalin killed off many potential rebels simply by denying them food production or food access.

The elites do not need to own every inch of ground in order to launch an effective campaign of martial law.  All they need to do is own key cities through surveillance technology and troop presence, then use these cities as staging grounds to confiscate resources in surrounding areas from people they do not like.  If you think the government would not pursue that kind of tactic in the U.S., I highly suggest you look into Executive Order 13603, signed by Barack Obama in 2012.  This order gives the president authority during a “national emergency” to take any private property or resources if it is deemed “necessary to national defense.”

It should be noted that starvation as a weapon has been extremely useful for the elites in the past.

The Malaysian Model Of Control

If the elites are anything, they are rather predictable.  This is because they have a habit of consistently using strategies that have worked for them before.  In my article When The Elites Wage War On America, This Is How They Will Do It, I examine the writings of Council On Foreign Relations member Max Boot on methods for quelling insurgencies.  In the U.S., insurgency is a given post-collapse.  The only question is whether it will be a large insurgency or a small one.

I do not hold out much hope for most of the rest of the world in terms of generating a useful rebellion.  Most citizens in Europe and Asia are unarmed and untrained.  Any resistance in these regions will be very small and cell structured if it is going to survive.

The methods Max Boot describes tend toward larger threats to the establishment.  Boot mentions specifically the great success by the British in Malaysia from 1948-1960 against highly effective communist guerillas and terrorists.  This success can be attributed to several factors:

1) The British used large-scale concentration camps to separate production centers from rebel influence.  These were massive camps surrounded by barbed wire fences and guard towers, primarily used to house farmers and other workers and their families.  This stopped the guerillas from hiding among the working class and recruiting from them.  This follows the “green zone doctrine” I described above.

2) The British implemented a sophisticated identification system for all Malaysian citizens including fingerprinting.  They then set up numerous checkpoints across the country at which citizens had to produce their paperwork.  Anyone who did not have their papers was held on suspicion of being an insurgent.  The rebels in Malaysia attempted to counter this by forcefully taking over busy buildings and buses, then burning everyone’s IDs.  This would not be a very effective tactic in a digitized world where identification is accomplished through advanced biometrics.

3) Instead of fielding massive lumbering military brigades in a useless effort to cover large stretches of ground, the British used spies and informants to locate rebel strongholds, then sent special forces units in to neutralize them.  Again, they did not need to control every inch of ground; they used military assets wherever the rebels were, then left.  Their goal was not to control a lot of ground, but to kill rebels.  The British used considerable brutality in their efforts, including a mobile gallows that traveled the country, and the public display of rotting corpses to strike fear in the insurgency.

4) The political elites in Britain fought the psychological war by offering promises of peace and prosperity to the Malaysian commoners if they supported the effort against the insurgency.  They did not necessarily need to follow through on these promises, all they needed to do was create a few examples of reward for cooperation, and sell this to the public in a convincing manner.  Once enough of the population was in the hands of the British, the insurgency lost supply resources and also had to worry about informants.

Technology Grid For Tyranny

Malaysia was an example of a competent strategy to uproot insurgents, but there were also many failures and pitfalls.  The elites are trying to mitigate any future unknown quantities when fighting against rebellions through the use of new technologies.

The green zone doctrine could only be successful today with the use of biometric surveillance.  Restriction of movement could be accomplished, but only in cities with extensive surveillance grids.  The insurgents of a post-collapse future would be hard pressed to infiltrate or exfiltrate from a green zone with currently available facial recognition, gait and walk recognition, retina and thumbprint scanning, etc.  Facial recognition has even gone into the realm of thermal imaging; cameras can use the unique heat signature from blood vessels within the human face to identify a person from a relative distance.  Make-up and prosthetics would not counter this.  Thermal masking would be the only solution.

Beyond that, an insurgency would have to be technologically savvy. Cyber warfare would have to be integral to their methodology.  This is not something any other rebellion in history has had to deal with.

An Uneducated And Bumbling Insurgency

The globalist’s strategy to trigger economic and social chaos, then lock down certain regions and offer centralization as a solution to the population, is far easier to accomplish when the opposition they face lacks insight, patience, planning and initiative.

The British were partially successful in Malaysia because the guerillas were ignorant of public perception. While they were effective and ruthless fighters, their viciousness resulted in lack of public support.  Though wide public support is not needed for victory, it certainly helps.

Multiple revolutions against Stalin’s power, some of them very large, were put down because of poor planning.  Rebels massed sizable forces in tight areas, such as a single mountain or mountain ranges.  Stalin simply dropped poisonous gasses on insurgents that had put all their eggs in one basket and forgot to stockpile gas masks.  It is vital to recognize that in a post-collapse world governments and elites may no longer be subject to public scrutiny, and are thus free to act as maliciously as they want.  All contingencies have to be considered.

Rebels in the Soviet Union also had a bad habit of ignoring logistics.  Many were armed with mismatched rifles and a rainbow selection of ammunition instead of arming all their men with the same rifle and the same ammo for redundancy.  Rebellions have been lost in the past merely because the fighters armed with too wide an array of weapons ran out of enough ammo to feed any of them.

Insurgents have also historically suffered from an inability to strike the leadership centers of the empires they fought.  Primarily because they did not know who the real leadership was.  Only in our modern era do we have the information available to identify the elites and their organizations.  Globalists are often very vocal today in media about who they are and what they want.  This is why the elites seek to make the next insurgency the LAST insurgency.  Never before have they been so vulnerable.

I believe the globalists will use their standard strategy of disinformation and division first to acquire centralization, but eventually they will turn to a Stalin/Malaysian model for control on the ground.  I will have to save the specific counter-strategies to these tactics for another article.  Some of them I probably cannot legally discuss at all.  The most important thing to remember, though, is that the globalists’ job is harder than our job.  They have to control people, property, resources, and mass psychology.  They have thousands of variables to take into account, and thousands of situations that could go wrong.

All we have to worry about is our own local organization, our own moral compass, our own survival and removing the top globalists from the picture.

"You have enemies?  Good.  That means that you have stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill.
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1615 on: August 23, 2016, 07:59:43 PM »

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/08/a_clinton_presidency_would_be_the_political_equivalent_of_an_extinction_level_event_.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1616 on: August 23, 2016, 10:13:19 PM »

"Still, there are always doubts. But while I may not be 100% sure of what Trump will do, I’m sure as hell sure of Clinton. You don’t have to be Joe Friday to figure out her MO."

Echoing this was Donald Rumsfeld who while stating he is voting for Trump stated the reason was simple, "he is a known unknown while Clinton is a known known".

Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1617 on: August 31, 2016, 09:42:36 AM »

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/439505/hillary-clinton-lies-progressives-look-other-way?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily%20Trending%20Email%20Reoccurring-%20Monday%20to%20Thursday%202016-08-30&utm_term=NR5PM%20Actives
DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #1618 on: August 31, 2016, 11:10:43 AM »

Great article.  All the Hillary supporters I know seem to know there is something wrong with her but the depth and breadth of it is astounding.

Her words are a contrary indicator of truth.  It all brings back memories.  Bill Safire, NY Times nailed it when she was 'First Lady' in Bill Clinton's first term:

http://www.nytimes.com/1996/01/08/opinion/essay-blizzard-of-lies.html

Blizzard of Lies
By WILLIAM SAFIRE
Published: January 8, 1996

Americans of all political persuasions are coming to the sad realization that our First Lady -- a woman of undoubted talents who was a role model for many in her generation -- is a congenital liar.

Drip by drip, like Whitewater torture, the case is being made that she is compelled to mislead, and to ensnare her subordinates and friends in a web of deceit.

1. Remember the story she told about studying The Wall Street Journal to explain her 10,000 percent profit in 1979 commodity trading? We now know that was a lie told to turn aside accusations that as the Governor's wife she profited corruptly, her account being run by a lawyer for state poultry interests through a disreputable broker.

She lied for good reason: To admit otherwise would be to confess taking, and paying taxes on, what some think amounted to a $100,000 bribe.

2. The abuse of Presidential power known as Travelgate elicited another series of lies. She induced a White House lawyer to assert flatly to investigators that Mrs. Clinton did not order the firing of White House travel aides, who were then harassed by the F.B.I. and Justice Department to justify patronage replacement by Mrs. Clinton's cronies.

Now we know, from a memo long concealed from investigators, that there would be "hell to pay" if the furious First Lady's desires were scorned. The career of the lawyer who transmitted Hillary's lie to authorities is now in jeopardy. Again, she lied with good reason: to avoid being identified as a vindictive political power player who used the F.B.I. to ruin the lives of people standing in the way of juicy patronage.

3. In the aftermath of the apparent suicide of her former partner and closest confidant, White House Deputy Counsel Vincent Foster, she ordered the overturn of an agreement to allow the Justice Department to examine the files in the dead man's office. Her closest friends and aides, under oath, have been blatantly disremembering this likely obstruction of justice, and may have to pay for supporting Hillary's lie with jail terms.

Again, the lying was not irrational. Investigators believe that damning records from the Rose Law Firm, wrongfully kept in Vincent Foster's White House office, were spirited out in the dead of night and hidden from the law for two years -- in Hillary's closet, in Web Hubbell's basement before his felony conviction, in the President's secretary's personal files -- before some were forced out last week.

Why the White House concealment? For good reason: The records show Hillary Clinton was lying when she denied actively representing a criminal enterprise known as the Madison S.& L., and indicate she may have conspired with Web Hubbell's father-in-law to make a sham land deal that cost taxpayers $3 million.

Why the belated release of some of the incriminating evidence? Not because it mysteriously turned up in offices previously searched. Certainly not because Hillary Clinton and her new hang-tough White House counsel want to respond fully to lawful subpoenas.

One reason for the Friday-night dribble of evidence from the White House is the discovery by the F.B.I. of copies of some of those records elsewhere. When Clinton witnesses are asked about specific items in "lost" records -- which investigators have -- the White House "finds" its copy and releases it. By concealing the Madison billing records two days beyond the statute of limitations, Hillary evaded a civil suit by bamboozled bank regulators.

Another reason for recent revelations is the imminent turning of former aides and partners of Hillary against her; they were willing to cover her lying when it advanced their careers, but are inclined to listen to their own lawyers when faced with perjury indictments.

Therefore, ask not "Why didn't she just come clean at the beginning?" She had good reasons to lie; she is in the longtime habit of lying; and she has never been called to account for lying herself or in suborning lying in her aides and friends.

No wonder the President is fearful of holding a prime-time press conference. Having been separately deposed by the independent counsel at least twice, the President and First Lady would be well advised to retain separate defense counsel.
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1619 on: August 31, 2016, 11:58:31 AM »

On a cable network this am it was pointed out that 70% think she is dishonest. 
My response is the other 30% know she is too but just don't care.  Or they are just THAT ill informed, but most likely just going to refuse to admit the truth out of spite.
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1620 on: August 31, 2016, 12:30:27 PM »

The Safire article is great and timely but this is not the thread for it.  Please post in the Clinton thread.
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1621 on: September 02, 2016, 01:37:43 AM »

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/439568/1966-technology-history-culture-change?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily%20Trending%20Email%20Reoccurring-%20Monday%20to%20Thursday%202016-09-01&utm_term=NR5PM%20Actives
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1622 on: September 03, 2016, 01:59:05 PM »

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/09/listen-conservative-conscience-ep54-sept2
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1623 on: September 04, 2016, 12:50:48 AM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nikki-johnsonhuston-esq/the-culture-of-the-smug-w_b_11537306.html
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1624 on: September 05, 2016, 01:52:06 PM »

As usual we allow the LEFT to establish the label and what it stands for  and  it is not pretty, by design:

"The alt-right has no official ideology, with the Associated Press stating that there is "no one way to define its ideology."[16][17] It has been said to include elements of white nationalism,[1][2][6] white supremacism,[3][5][8] antisemitism,[1][2][9] right-wing populism,[6] nativism,[10] and the neoreactionary movement."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alt-right

Trumps attempts at outreach are good but way to feeble and far between to counter this .   The right loses the propaganda war AGAIN.
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1625 on: September 05, 2016, 07:22:37 PM »

http://www.claremont.org/crb/basicpage/the-flight-93-election/#.V81-TGBriL4.facebook
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1626 on: September 06, 2016, 07:56:31 AM »

Great piece above CD.

I agree with it 100% except for part of this statement:

"On trade, globalization, and war, Trump is to the left (conventionally understood) not only of his own party, but of his Democratic opponent."

I am not clear why globalization if 'right'.  Perhaps in terms of free markets but definitely not in political terms unless he refers to exporting "democracy" over seas which is a total joke . 

I do like his description of the "never Trump Right" and agree with the conclusion below:

"The election of 2016 is a test—in my view, the final test—of whether there is any virtù left in what used to be the core of the American nation. If they cannot rouse themselves simply to vote for the first candidate in a generation who pledges to advance their interests, and to vote against the one who openly boasts that she will do the opposite (a million more Syrians, anyone?), then they are doomed. They may not deserve the fate that will befall them, but they will suffer it regardless."

ccp
Power User

« Reply #1627 on: September 06, 2016, 10:15:30 AM »

Did Hillary put out a "hit" on Putin?   evil

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1735372/putins-official-presidential-car-involved-in-head-on-horror-crash-in-moscow-killing-russian-presidents-favourite-chauffeur/

Notice how this story dropped off the face of the Earth:

http://www.newsweek.com/seth-rich-murder-dnc-hack-julian-assange-hillary-clinton-donald-trump-492084
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1628 on: September 06, 2016, 10:24:10 AM »

Gents:

This is not some sort of catch all thread; I've seen a bit of a trend towards this.   For example the previous post belongs in Hillbillary Clintons.  (Fascinating about Putin's driver btw)
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1629 on: September 07, 2016, 02:52:20 PM »

Again, this is NOT a catch all thread.

Let's put this superb post in the Corruption thread or the Cognitive Dissonance of the Left thread-- or better yet, in both!
DDF
Power User

« Reply #1630 on: September 07, 2016, 04:00:00 PM »

Done deal Guru. My apologies.

It's all a matter of perspective.
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1631 on: September 07, 2016, 06:08:53 PM »

Excellent posts DDF, I'm just wanting to nip in the bud a tendency to use this as a catch all thread  grin  You just happened to walk into a pre-existing situation.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 06:12:53 PM by Crafty_Dog » Logged
DDF
Power User

« Reply #1632 on: September 08, 2016, 12:35:35 AM »

Excellent posts DDF, I'm just wanting to nip in the bud a tendency to use this as a catch all thread  grin  You just happened to walk into a pre-existing situation.

Sir. Thank you.

Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1633 on: September 09, 2016, 12:28:42 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/chinofheroes/videos/1765631590325403/?pnref=story
DDF
Power User

« Reply #1634 on: September 12, 2016, 10:58:45 AM »

To anyone that wants to cry about living in the United States:

You know the problem with people like you? The fact that you live in the richest country in the world, and still complain. You have no mass graves, you don't have bodies hanging from bridges, you have hot water heaters, and you think you have it bad living in what you describe as a "racist country" that "oppresses" you, that YOU choose to live in.

The fact that you can complain publicly, without being killed over it, shows you just how good you have it. You get to cry about how life is unfair.... you have running water and you ate today. You have access to the best healthcare in the world, but you're pissed off because someone you think owes you something, didn't let you sit on your ass and hand it to you.

And to the immigrants, you chose to go there, to get away from whatever it was that you didn't like about wherever it is you came from. Be grateful. Others died, attempting to get what you have received. No one owes you anything, they never will. Something else, the country you just went to doesn't have the same laws that you use in your country of origin, where they would maybe beat, if not kill you, for being there illegally, or saying something political, and these are YOUR laws, but you get upset when someone treats you more leniently? You need to learn some gratitude.

My wife and I, have not had a hot water bath, in more than a year, with water that we didn't heat manually, over a fire, because we don't have a water heater, and we're fortunate, because at least we have a way to get hot water. Others are not so fortunate and do not even have running water. They bathe out of a barrel in front of their adobe home, and if they ate, it was tortillas and beans, so miss me with your "we're oppressed" garbage that flows constantly from your mouths, because for whatever reason, you think something should be given to you. You're on welfare and get cellphones and a place to live, where even your poverty, still places you in the top ten percent of wealth in the world.

Your problem is that you don't know or have forgotten what really bad is. You're spoiled. Straight up.

ccp
Power User

« Reply #1635 on: September 22, 2016, 06:51:28 AM »

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/09/memo-to-gop-never-trumpers
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: