Author Topic: June 18-19 Guro Crafty in Memphis, TN  (Read 7284 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 08:21:17 PM by admin »

c - Shadow Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • jkd concepts
Re: June 18-19 Guro Crafty in Memphis, TN
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 06:06:18 AM »
I am really looking forward to this!

Dog Terry

bigdog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 06:38:51 AM »
I am really looking forward to this!

Dog Terry

True.  True. 

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 07:05:21 AM »
Me too.  Glad to see all the support, not just from our Memphis folks, but from nearby and not-so-nearby people.

c - Shadow Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • jkd concepts
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 09:15:58 AM »
When your "REALLY" looking to improve your game/art you need to ask yourself what is the most efficient means.

Where do i get the most bang for my buck, And the most out of my time spent away from family.

In my opinion training with Guro Crafty has been one of the most efficient and longest lasting ways in which i improve my personal game.  When i walk away from seminar with  Guro Crafty i have clear notes, have had time to repeat techniques  in seminars,  my brain and body have an understanding of the movement and theory behind the movement. And Guro is a VERY hands on trainer/teacher that in my experiences is always circulating the room teaching.

Back in the day i missed training with many instructors who are no longer with us. I made excuses and now the opportunity is gone.  I hear the stories from others and wonder where my game would be today if i had worked harder at growing my game in my younger years. 

Tomorrow is promised to no man.

I hope to see many of you in Memphis.

woof !

Dog Terry

Cranewings

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 05:40:38 PM »
Me too.  Glad to see all the support, not just from our Memphis folks, but from nearby and not-so-nearby people.

I'll be taking a nice little 9 hour drive to come. Already have the hotel and everything. Can't wait.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 05:27:40 AM »
Nice meeting you yesterday CW.  I am honored by what you have invested to attend.

Good times yesterday.  Began with KK into Prison Riot into Dos Triques, then a new single stick progression that started with Los Triques Stick & Kick combos that led into , , , well hard to describe but it seemed to work well.  Finished the day with developments in The Zirconia; Dracula bring the Stake, Hammer, and Cross, the Bolo from Hell (this has become a great favorite of mine), Flying Bong Sao, and the new "Sheering Shots".  While several of these have been around for a while, they have continued to evolve and the connections between them strengthen.

Today we will probably begin with Applied Single Stick.  I'm thinking possibly the Salt & Pepper Game (Occupying Strikes concept), Kalimba Game and connecting the KG with the Brondo Buzzsaw for a start; Ice Pick Dodger for stick & knife and then take that as the bridge into Dodger Variations for Kali Tudo.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 04:13:08 PM »
And so it went, , , more or less :-D  Good time drumming with Xavier and Bill  8-)

Tomorrow, privates and then home.

The Adventure continues!

Cranewings

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 10:49:26 PM »
That was an awesome two days of training. I haven't been to one of your seminars in about 5 years, but have been training in mma and mixed traditional sense then. 60% of what we do is study other fighters, find ways to poke holes, and spar. I honestly thought that the skill i picked up in the last few years would cause me to feel like an outsider, watching and picking, but you and your guy's understanding is so complete that I realize now that I didn't get what you were doing when I met you before. I think that Kali Tudo is just about the single best complete idea in traditional martial arts. I feel like it should really change things.

I felt really humbled by the experience of getting so much information from someone that took the truth from the fight. I can't believe how good your material is.

Thank you again for bringing it.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 04:31:59 AM by Cranewings »