Author Topic: Fall Dog Brothers Open Gathering of the Pack 9/18/11  (Read 151754 times)

pappydog

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Fall Dog Brothers Open Gathering of the Pack 9/18/11
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2011, 08:11:32 AM »
Guys I am very Jealous. I would love to fight in the Gathering. Consider yourselves very lucky. I will be at the end of the earth while you are fighting

Best of luck and woof!

Pappy Dog

C-Mighty Dog

• Power User
  • I might be small.....but, I'm not little
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2011, 08:57:27 AM »
I know Bro! NoHo is fighting in your Honor this year. See you in Feb.

Woof!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 03:36:25 PM by C-Mighty Dog »
C-Mighty Dog      small dog...Big Balls

Howling Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2011, 01:19:33 PM »
Woof Pappydog! Thank you for your service!! We will miss you at the Open, but not only NOHO but all of us will be fighting for you at this Gathering!
Be safe!!    WOOF!!  Howling dog
Howling Dog

Dr Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2011, 02:08:44 PM »
Woof Pappydog! Keep your head down. We will miss you at the Gathering.

So, in the interest of keeping up the training motivation...here's my dance card :
1) Tobias Gibson, knife warmups
2) Jason Jones, single stick
3) Steve "Iron Dog" Shelton, single stick
4) Toki "C-Mighty Dog" Rembrandt, double stick
5) Roan "Poi Dog" Grimm, staff

Insurance is paid up and I'll have folks there to take me to the hospital  :wink:

Rick

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2011, 04:45:36 PM »
Woof Pappydog! Thank you for your service!! We will miss you at the Open, but not only NOHO but all of us will be fighting for you at this Gathering!
Be safe!!    WOOF!!  Howling dog

Well put :)
V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

Guide Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • Stoops Martial Arts Academy
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2011, 05:32:25 PM »
Pappy,

Were your ears burning? I was talking with John Spezzano earlier today about what a bada$$ you are. Be safe and come home soon!

Your Fan,

Bryan
Dr. Bryan Stoops, Ed.D.
Semi-Private/Private Instruction
Offered in Chino Hills, California
JKD/FMA/Silat/muay Thai/DBMA,
Savate/Wing Chun/grappling
http://stoops-martial-arts-academy.com/
bryan@stoopsma.com

Hello Kitty

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2011, 11:41:08 AM »
Hello Kitty, I will not be there in September...but if you come to the Tribal Gathering next Year you can fight against my Three Sectional Staff  :-)

Woof!
C-Gong Fu Dog

I'd love to Gong Fu.... consider it a date. Just been a bit busy with work lately, so I couldn't make Europe. The tribal will be up to my clan, Guro Crafty, and how well I fight this year.

I've been working with my TSS too. I miss you guys.

Hello Kitty

« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2011, 11:43:41 AM »
Guys I am very Jealous. I would love to fight in the Gathering. Consider yourselves very lucky. I will be at the end of the earth while you are fighting

Best of luck and woof!

Pappy Dog

Sifu.... thank you for suiting up and showing up in our behalf. We're all training very hard. Wish you were here.

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2011, 05:01:18 AM »
Looking to schedule about 3-4 fights: 

1)  Doulbe stick vs Double stick *(hidden knives encourged),  no grapping rules, would enjoy keeping the fight on its feet.

2)  Single stick vs whateva (no rules)

3)  Kife fight - aluminum or shock knives.(no rules)

b4)  *** Maybe double stick  vs Staff

Well, just got home from a fun night working the Club and Im dozzzin offf while pushnig keys.

ZDC,

Kajiu Dog

V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

Guide Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2011, 09:46:59 AM »
Kaju,

I would enjoy doing a double vs. double with no grappling or a staff vs. double with you, regardless of who is on staff and who is on double. Last public Gathering, we had a strep throat scare in the family so I didn't want to expose anyone to that and the last tribal, my son passed on a wonderfully nasty stomach bug to everyone in the house. I've been away for a year and am excited to step back out there in September (knock on something...)

GD
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 05:41:22 PM by Guide Dog »
Dr. Bryan Stoops, Ed.D.
bryan@stoopsma.com

Seeing-Eye Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2011, 05:18:36 PM »
Kaju,
I can do double w/no grappling, or single stick if you want.

CI
DVM SPIRO, SPERO

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2011, 07:41:25 PM »
Kaju,
I can do double w/no grappling, or single stick if you want.

CI
Kaju,

I would enjoy doing a double vs. double with no grappling or a staff vs. double with you, regardless of who is on staff and who is on double. Last public Gathering, we had a strep throat scare in the family so I didn't want to expose anyone to that and the last tribal, my son passed on a wonderfully nasty stomach bug to everyone in the house. I've been away for a year and am excited to step back out there in September (knock on something...)

GD

Excellent Done and Done ;)  I wouldn't mind going once with the staff then against the staff.  Cool
V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

Gibby

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2011, 11:53:38 AM »
This will be my first Gathering so I have NO IDEA what I am getting myself into except watching clips on youtube.

It looks like most fights are scheduled at the event on the spot as opposed to in here?

Tips from the experienced folks are appreciated.
James Gibson (Gibby)
dian~hsuhe

Gibby

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2011, 12:31:52 PM »
Oops almost forgot.

Gear-  I have read and seen where folks are using a fencing mask and hockey gloves is that correct?  Are there any particular types of masks and gloves you folks would recommend, my fencing knowledge is a little down...lol

I am curiosu about the stick types used also but I will research that before asking a stupid question in here...

Thanks again
James Gibson (Gibby)
dian~hsuhe

C-Mighty Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2011, 12:33:17 PM »
This will be my first Gathering so I have NO IDEA what I am getting myself into except watching clips on youtube.

It looks like most fights are scheduled at the event on the spot as opposed to in here?

Tips from the experienced folks are appreciated.

Some who have fought in the past will often fill up their "dance cards' with fights already arranged whether for a rematch or out of curiousity. If you are "new", you will need to walk up to someone and ask for a fight. Don't sit there and wait.

Make sure that you have a Cup, knee pads and elbow pads (non plastic) and a fencing mask. Be prepared to get hit. Try to get 4 fights in, make the first one a knife fight (it will help work out the nerves)

C-Mighty Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2011, 12:38:06 PM »
Oops almost forgot.

Gear-  I have read and seen where folks are using a fencing mask and hockey gloves is that correct?  Are there any particular types of masks and gloves you folks would recommend, my fencing knowledge is a little down...lol

I am curiosu about the stick types used also but I will research that before asking a stupid question in here...

Thanks again
I take it that you are not a FMA practioner. "Dianhshe" reminds me of a Kara-Ho person. At any rate, the Hockey gloves are not actually hockey gloves aas they are too padded and some have a plastic thumb cover (no, no) You can buy all your gear, Mask, Gloves and Stick through www.bloodsport.com  This is Pappy Dog's company (Kombat Instruments Limited). You will also need a mouth piece. Since we are having it at last years venue. You will need a pair of wrestling shoes that have NOT been on the street.

jcordova

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2011, 12:52:39 PM »
Dianhsuhe,  I will send you a pm

Gibby

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2011, 08:02:54 PM »
Oops almost forgot.

Thanks again
I take it that you are not a FMA practioner. "Dianhshe" reminds me of a Kara-Ho person. At any rate, the Hockey gloves are not actually hockey gloves aas they are too padded and some have a plastic thumb cover (no, no) You can buy all your gear, Mask, Gloves and Stick through www.bloodsport.com  This is Pappy Dog's company (Kombat Instruments Limited). You will also need a mouth piece. Since we are having it at last years venue. You will need a pair of wrestling shoes that have NOT been on the street.

Thanks for the info. I am the Kara-Ho person. LOL  I will get the stuff from bloodsport.com then, thanks again for that.  I would rather support one of you guys than just fleabay. 

Barefoot is ok as well correct?
James Gibson (Gibby)
dian~hsuhe

C-Mighty Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2011, 01:00:03 AM »
Barefeet is fine. Just a reminder though....there is no "off limits" target (well, other then the back of the head intentionaly). I've broken a foot(through the shoe) with a foam stick before. The bare feet..or any feet ...is a target. I suggest that you training, fight, run and do other activities while wearing your mask in order to get used to the vision, view or lack thereof. Also, since this is your FIRST fight, and you are Kara-ho, it would be in your best interest to attend Crafty's DBMA stick camp on the 12-14 of Aug so you have an understanding of how the stick is used in the hands of a Dog Brother or Kali person rather then the world of Kempo.

Poidog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2011, 08:27:48 AM »
Just chiming in here.  I'd like to encourage my fellow veteran fighters ("Dog" and up) to try and get in a fight with at least one cherry fighter.  As the "veterans", I think a large part of our tribal responsibility is to bring new fighters into the fold, and to lead by example what we expect of fighters within the tribe.  I can certainly understand why many of us put in iPods to listen to music (to "find-the-zone/silence-the-chatter/cool-mystical-deep-phrase-of-choice"), but I'd like to encourage our tribe members to reach out to the newbies.  Engage them in conversation and help them get over their chatter, as it is likely MUCH louder for them.  We've "been there, done that" so to speak, and we're back, so we can help them find the same joy we find in the mutual testing.

Knowing that most of us prefer to challenge ourselves, we often overlook the newer fighters because we are looking to fight at or near the edge of our limits.  To compensate, you can always handicap yourself - a lighter stick, a 1st gen mask, lighter gloves, fighting with the complementary hand, etc. to ensure you're making things challenging.  I truly believe that if we really commit to this challenge, we will strengthen the tribe exponentially over time.  We stand only to gain.  As with the vast majority of things I post online, this is just my $.02.  Thanks for reading, and now, please bear with me as I climb down off of my soapbox...

Okay, having rambled on through that, I am looking to set up a fight or 2 here on the forum.  I've already got my staff fight with Doc set, I'd also like to set up either an espada y daga, a single stick, a double stick, and/or a knife-v-'weapon of opportunity' (rolled up magazine).  I'm going to keep most of my single sticks fights open for cherry fighters.  Yes - I know this is an ambitious line-up, but God/Fate/Nothing willing, I'll manage (fingers/toes/eyes crossed).  Any takers? Look forward to seeing y'all in September.  :-D

Aloha, Poi
Who dares wins - British SAS

jcordova

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2011, 08:45:04 AM »
Poi-Dog, I can go for the single stick.... :-D :-D :-D i can always learn too from a full Dogbro. :lol:

Gibby

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2011, 09:08:33 AM »
Poi-Dog:  If you are volunteering to school some newbies I would love to make that list.

Thanks to Mighty-Dog for the advice.  Shoes, got it- We teach many weapons in Kara-Ho but the stick is not one (or two) of them.  I have only attended a couple of seminars maybe 15 years ago.  I am not going to be able to attend the upcoming camp, I already tried to make that happen...I am fully aware that I am fresh meat at this event-  :-o

Still VERY much looking forward to the higher learning, painful as it may be.

Gloves-  I have full gauntlet motorcycle roadracing gloves that seem to have as much if not more protection than some of the gloves used at the event, are they acceptable?

CHEERS
James Gibson (Gibby)
dian~hsuhe

C-Mighty Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2011, 12:40:05 PM »
Gloves-  I have full gauntlet motorcycle roadracing gloves that seem to have as much if not more protection than some of the gloves used at the event, are they acceptable?

CHEERS

The motorcycle gloves are ok, but if the Full Guantlet has Plastic or Carbon Fiber on the knuckles or near to it, it's a no go.

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2011, 03:07:41 PM »
Admin:

I sent my fighter registration form via fax almost two weeks ago.  I've been keeping an eye on the official list in hopes of confirming that it was received.  I appreciate that Pretty Kitty has her hands full.  Should I re-send / re-fax it in?

PS
Poi Dog, 
I would love a rematch.  I think the last time you and I crossed sticks was at the corral  :mrgreen:  See you all soon.  :-D

KD
V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2011, 03:44:18 PM »
Kaju:

Pretty Kitty will be returning around the 15th and will probably need a few days to settle in.

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2011, 06:03:09 PM »
Kaju:

Pretty Kitty will be returning around the 15th and will probably need a few days to settle in.

:)
Thank you Sir
V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
A Blast from the Past
« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2011, 04:17:20 PM »
The Days Before A Fight
February 13, 2009 By admin Leave a Comment
written by Marc “Crafty Dog” Denny

The days before the fight are always a powerful crucible. I have a non-martial art teacher who when someone seeks to leave a situation that makes them uncomfortable says, “Whatever you do, keep on being here in this moment.” I may not have the quote exactly right, but I hope I have the gist of it.

Scientist Konrad Lorenz’s book “Behind the Mirror” addresses the evolutionary biology of consciousness. There is a passage in the book wherein he describes how a cat at play will seamlessly string together unrelated behaviors/movements from stalking prey, fighting a rival, bluffing a predator, courtship, killing prey etc. He then points out that the instant that the cat is stressed (e.g. the appearance of a rival) this ability disappears.

Many martial arts discuss how there are different mindsets/qualities with which one can defend/fight. Often the names are a bit poetic; Fire, Water, Wind, Rock, Earth, etc. but the point is made that the more realized the fighter is, the better his ability to fluidly shift between them. In the intense adrenal state of a fight, this can be a very good trick to actually do, yet as Lorenz’s point about the cat makes clear, the state of Play is the state where this happens best. (“What Is Play?” in evolutionary biological terms is an interesting question in its own right.) Thus, the best fight is where the fight is play. Thus in Dog Brothers Martial Arts we say

“Do not have a Way as you Play. Fight the Way you Play. Let your Fight be Play” (c)

The Learning that takes place in the adrenal state is some of the deepest and highest that there is. (The adrenal state of course can be triggered by many things, not only immediate physical danger; criticism by loved ones, humiliation, etc etc.) The greater the adrenal state, the profounder the Learning. The greater the state of Play, the better the result. The more that one can move in both directions simultaneously, the better. “The greater the dichotomy, the profounder the transformation. Higher consciousness through harder contact.” (c)

Woof!
Guro Crafty

C-Mighty Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2011, 04:36:45 PM »
well, I love to Fight and Play at the same time and hope to get much better at it. Thanks Crafty Dog.

Poi Dog- Thanks for the Humbling reminder of bringing the "new" into the fold. It is easy to think of yourself and how to further your progression through selected opponents.
NoHo has 5 "cherry" fighters too, and it woud be good that they got as much out of this experience as possible (other then survival of course). So, I have an opening for additional fights if my body holds up. Here's my agenda:
1) I have a difficult knife rematch with Growling Dog (last year, he managed to puncture my chest with a good stab, I grew a 3rd boob)
2) I have a Double Stick with Dr. Doom
3) Lefty stick fight with Howling Dog
4) Cane verses weapon of choice (no fighter yet)
5) Single stick with "newbie"

c - Shadow Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • jkd concepts
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2011, 05:15:52 PM »
Mighty dog,

I will offer my services to one of the New NOHO guys for a first fight.

I f you dont fill up your slot vs cane i would be intrested in staff vs cane.

Woof

Dog Terry

C-Mighty Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2011, 05:24:51 PM »
That's GREAT Dog Terry. I will match you up with one our guys, You'll be a great experience for them. I will take the staff fight with you. It will be awesome to fight you again.

Poidog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2011, 07:02:40 PM »
jcordova, dianhsuhe & Kaju: I would be honored to step out with y'all.  Mahalo.

Aloha, Poi
Who dares wins - British SAS

Gibby

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2011, 09:24:28 PM »
Poidog  I will take it!  I appreciate you folks spending some time on us newbies and look forward to the event!

C-Mighty Dog told me to start with a knife fight to get my "nerves" in order, would you recommend I pick another newbie for this?  Where am I likely to get the biggest benefit against a Dog Bro- single stick?

I am down for anything and looking to get the most out of this experience.  I would like to bring my "chucks" but as a newbie I do not how realistic all of this is.  I will probably get the crap kicked out of me in the first fight...
James Gibson (Gibby)
dian~hsuhe

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2011, 09:53:05 PM »
Remember the Dog Brother Parable of the Cherry :lol:

C-Mighty Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2011, 02:44:55 AM »
Poidog  I will take it!  I appreciate you folks spending some time on us newbies and look forward to the event!

C-Mighty Dog told me to start with a knife fight to get my "nerves" in order, would you recommend I pick another newbie for this?  Where am I likely to get the biggest benefit against a Dog Bro- single stick?

I am down for anything and looking to get the most out of this experience.  I would like to bring my "chucks" but as a newbie I do not how realistic all of this is.  I will probably get the crap kicked out of me in the first fight...
find someone who will fight with the knife as if it were a "real" knife. Most Dog Brothers are good at this, but some "newbies" might also. I was "new" and still am in comparison. But have always "respected" the blade. Simply start conversation about it, you can also set "rules" such as ....no going to the ground on a knife fight. Many new fights tend to Crash and then it becomes a wrestling match with whatever weapon they're fighting with, rather then test the weapon itself.
Tried sending you a PM but your email is full.

Howling Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2011, 10:29:43 AM »
Woof,
I would like to bring my "chucks" but as a newbie I do not how realistic all of this is.  I will probably get the crap kicked out of me in the first fight...

Bring your "Chucks" I'm pretty sure you will find someone to fight you with them.  As far as realistic goes. VERY! As real as it gets.
Be ready to fight hard.
            Howling Dog
Howling Dog

Gibby

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2011, 07:51:45 PM »
Woof,
I would like to bring my "chucks" but as a newbie I do not how realistic all of this is.  I will probably get the crap kicked out of me in the first fight...

Bring your "Chucks" I'm pretty sure you will find someone to fight you with them.  As far as realistic goes. VERY! As real as it gets.
Be ready to fight hard.
            Howling Dog

Will do thanks!  When I said realistic I meant my physical ability to have a fight with the chucks, since it would be my 3rd fight minimum and I may be TOAST by then.

And I may as well ask what is "the parable of the cherry"?
James Gibson (Gibby)
dian~hsuhe

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
The DB Parable of the Cherry
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2011, 10:24:46 PM »
The three questions:

1) Do you remember the first time you had sex?

2) Were you any good at it?

3) Have you gotten better since then?

danicasdad

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2011, 10:31:17 PM »
hi,
training for it and tentatively have a fight with fu dog, should i get my finances in place for september, and show up.
single stick and knife is all i got the balls to use so far. double stick is and would be a lesson in humiliation.
wish you all the best in your prep and hope to make it there.
gord

Guide Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2011, 10:58:52 PM »
I'm in the mood to take my inner smart-a$$ out for a walk, so please indulge me. For those new folks planning on fighting in September, just show up and be mentally present. The rest will take care of itself. What follows is me just being silly; please don't take any of this seriously.

Guide Dog's Advice for "Winning" at a Dog Brother's Gathering

1. When you arrive at the Gathering site, be sure to push a few people in line out of the way, even though Pretty Kitty or who ever is working the door will usually stop the line for the fighters. Does anyone really remember Apollo Creed from the Rocky movies? No way! We remember Mr. T's Clubber Lang, and why? Because he was an a$$hole. Act accordingly.

2. When Guro Crafty is giving the same pre- fight speech he always gives, make sure you are listening to your I-pod. After all, the day is really about you and you alone.

3. When the camera comes around to you and you have to say your name and your age, make sure that you use your title of "Super Grandmaster Founder" before doing so.

4. Before the fighting starts, make a point to not speak to anyone, especially the other fighters. This will really cultivate your air of mystery and cause everyone in the room to fear and respect you.

5. Be sure before your knife fights to specify that your opponent is not allowed to use any grappling, slashes, thrusts, punching, kicking, lead switches, or fakes. This is after all a simulation of a knife fight! If you score a lethal shot in exchange for your opponent scoring a lethal shot a half second later, that is a major victory.

6. Be sure to inspect any potential opponent's stick(s). First, measure the weapon, then quickly run it through an X-ray filter. Demand that your opponent provide the name of the manufacturer of the stick, as well as the forms to indicate that the weapon(s) cleared customs in a legal fashion if the sticks were not made in America. Once the weapon(s) has/have been deemed legitimate, escort your potential opponent to the restroom where you will verify his/her weight and height, and obtain a urine sample. Do not take any fights with anyone who weighs more than five pounds than you do, or is more than three inches taller than you, as doing so is simply NOT how it is going to be in the street. After all, MMA has weight classes, and MMA is as close as it gets to real combat. If the urine sample comes back positive for caffeine, call off the fight. You do not associate with people who use performance enhancing drugs.

7. If someone does manage to make it through your screening process and you agree to a stick fight, be sure that when on deck, you are drawing as much attention to yourself as possible, almost making it impossible for anyone to watch the fight in progress. You are, after all, NEXT, and everyone better damn well know it. Be sure to say some really personal, inappropriate, profanity-laden comments about your opponent just before you put your mouthpiece in and fencing mask on. Dog Brothers is all about stress testing; your opponent will thank you for pointing out that his wife is a fat whore, because that will cause him to really lose his temper and if he still happens to be breathing after your fight having come in seething with rage, than you have given him a great gift.

8. If you do score a shot, and your opponent waves you off to indicate the fight is over, by all means, hit him/her as hard as you can anyway. STRIKE HARD! STRIKE FAST! NO MERCY, SIR!

9. When the fight is over, if your opponent attempts to give you a hug, ESPECIALLY if you are male, eye-jab the prick! Let all the ladies in the house know that you are STRAIGHT, STRAIGHT, STRAIGHT. Even though you just got done doing a real contact stick fight, hugging someone of the same gender sends the wrong message. Showing that you are a nice person gives you about as much street cred as a 10 year-old girl showing off her Kelly Clarkson CD collection.

10. When the day's fights are over, immediately demand that you are the first in line for a tribal ascension, particularly if it is your first day fighting, and particularly if you only had one stick fight, did not sustain any injuries, but decided to call it a day as a "favor" to the other fighters.

11. At each level: dog, C-dog, and full DB, the moment after Guro Crafty asks you to rise, make sure you shout, "Where's my fu&%in' belt????!!!!"

12. When you do make full DB, demand that Top Dog go back to simply "Eric Knaus", because it's pretty clear that you are the real Top Dog in the group.

13. Each day, send Guro Crafty an E-mail reminding him that you are still waiting for your Tuhonship in DBMA, and as a mere Guro, he needs to get moving on that sh&%!  :-D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 12:10:08 AM by Guide Dog »
Dr. Bryan Stoops, Ed.D.
bryan@stoopsma.com

C-Mighty Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2011, 11:39:52 PM »
Damn! Guide Dog, that was about the funniest thing I've read in a long time! Thanks for the laughs! :lol: :lol: :lol:

bjung

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2011, 12:37:04 AM »
nice post by Poi Dog, good luck to all
it's an important day, try and remember that it can be fun as well

Howling Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 08, 2011, 06:31:07 AM »
Woof Guide Dog!! I never knew you had it in you!!  :-D Nice post!!
            Howling Dog
Howling Dog

Gibby

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2011, 10:00:25 AM »
8. If you do score a shot, and your opponent waves you off to indicate the fight is over, by all means, hit him/her as hard as you can anyway. STRIKE HARD! STRIKE FAST! NO MERCY, SIR!

SWEEP THE LEG!
James Gibson (Gibby)
dian~hsuhe

Gibby

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The DB Parable of the Cherry
« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2011, 10:02:58 AM »
The three questions:

1) Do you remember the first time you had sex?

2) Were you any good at it?

3) Have you gotten better since then?

Ahh, I see...
James Gibson (Gibby)
dian~hsuhe

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2011, 10:16:21 AM »
Guide Dog's Advice for "Winning" at a Dog Brother's Gathering

That was awesome!

Point Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2011, 11:45:21 AM »
Guide Dog!  Thank you sir!  :-D :-D :-D

Gong Fu Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2011, 12:31:46 PM »
Guide Dog, that was really funny-Thank you  :-) :-) :-)

C-Mighty Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2011, 12:44:48 PM »
I had to copy it. That was EPIC, I am giving full credit for this perspective of course. Thanks again GD

Guide Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2011, 07:00:13 PM »
I'm glad you liked it, guys. In all seriousness, I think it's the average tribe member's sense of humor that is unique to this organization. I have laughed harder at DB Gatherings and events than at practically any other martial arts event. There's another piece of advice to all new fighters: smile and laugh once you get in your first few fights and your nerves settle. It's really important because once you get out of your own way in terms of nerves, or any ego-related issues, stick fighting is fun!
Dr. Bryan Stoops, Ed.D.
bryan@stoopsma.com

Point Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2011, 01:24:14 AM »
I'd add for first timers, try and get your first fight in early in the day.

If you sit watching, waiting for a long time for your first fight, those butterflies can really churn up your insides.  Once you get your first fight out of the way and realise that you're still alive and have all your limbs, you will feel much better.