Author Topic: 63-year-old holds off robber with rear naked choke  (Read 4627 times)

Hagakure5

• View Profile
63-year-old holds off robber with rear naked choke
« on: August 15, 2011, 09:36:37 AM »
Article:"63-year-old holds off robber with rear naked choke"

This to me is the quintessential nature of the statement "Walk as a warrior for all your days."

Regardless if he realized whether or not it was a pellet gun at the time (most likely not); what struck me as interesting is his comment, "He banged me up a little bit but my main concern was the gun." His train of thought was on 2 things protecting his wife and great attentiveness towards the object of danger(gun). This fight-no-flight mentality seems to work more often then not. Made me smile  :-D.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: 63-year-old holds off robber with rear naked choke
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 01:43:23 PM »
Amen!!!

H.M.

• View Profile
Re: 63-year-old holds off robber with rear naked choke
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 02:15:14 PM »
"He started to hit me, so I reacted from there," a bruised but smiling Kemp said Friday. "I got him out into the street and held his arm. I foot-sweeped him down and I was trying to get a hold of the gun. He banged me up a little bit but my main concern was the gun."

Sounds like, whether his college wresting team trained with weapons or not  :-D, he instinctively knew the right procedure:  1) muzzle aversion (inferred from "he started to hit me")  2) positional advantage (foot-sweeped him down) 3) control of the weapon (He banged me up a little bit but my main concern was the gun).