Author Topic: DBMA Tribal Gathering: May 19-20  (Read 269809 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: DBMA Tribal Gathering: May 19-20
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2012, 09:47:58 AM »
My cell phone is 310-738-1044

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2012, 03:38:57 PM »
Awesome day today!!!  8-) 8-) 8-)

We need more first aid gauze for tomorrow.

Gong Fu Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2012, 04:38:29 PM »
Beautiful Day, with beautiful Fights!

WOOF!!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2012, 05:01:48 PM »
Outstanding day today. 

In the altered space now.

Mongolian Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2012, 06:58:54 PM »
Likewise.

A fantastic weekend and great day.  Sincere thanks to all my opponents and to the assembled tribe.  This event will live in my memory.

- Mongolian Dog

Gong Fu Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2012, 09:30:47 PM »
I would also like to thank everybody!
What a beautiful weekend!!!

Woof!
Gong Fu Dog

Spartan Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • Dog Brothers Training Group - Athens, Greece
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2012, 06:19:13 AM »
Likewise.

A fantastic weekend and great day.  Sincere thanks to all my opponents and to the assembled tribe.  This event will live in my memory.

- Mongolian Dog

I would also like to thank everybody!
What a beautiful weekend!!!

Woof!
Gong Fu Dog

Congratulations to both of you, I notice there no longer appears a C- before your names  :-)
Dog Brothers Training Group, Athens, Greece
http://www.dogbrothers.gr/

Gong Fu Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2012, 07:06:50 AM »
Kostas, thank you my brother!
Looking forward to see you in August  :-)

Woof!

Dr Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2012, 09:00:56 AM »
At LAX- waiting for the flight home, still riding that post-Gathering high. This is like a powerful drug - my mind is already racing with thoughts of the next one! I've got time and a lot to think about so this may be a bit lengthy.....
I want to thank everyone I fought this weekend - you each taught me something. Especially Poi Dog whose willingness to "bring it" and whose huge smile and welcoming attitude has been to me from the start the model for what a Dog Brother should be, and Gung Fu Dog who has really given me respect for an ancient weapon (the spear) and has my mind reeling with thoughts of working on this - as a student of history, that was a special treat. Mongolian Dog - man he is a scary freak of nature when fighting, but has the driest quickest wit and is a completely class act - thank you for the token, it was unnecessary but appreciated. Dog Dayvid, I am enjoying being a witness to your journey - keep at it! Quiet Dog, Seeing Eye Dog - great knife fights, thank you both. Dog Pete - thanks for the lesson in groundwork! Candidate Dog Brother Terry - I feel like we are on this journey together and, like Dog Dayvid, I'm glad I can be a part of it.  Dog Joe - that was a fun fight, and again, thank you for the token. C-Mighty Dog - we didn't fight this time but I sure appreciate you being there and your friendship and help with the medical stuff. And I REALLY thank you for the persona that I would never have created myself but I can't imagine fighting without now - the Dr Doom Mask needs a little TLC before the next Gathering.
Lastly Guro Crafty and the full Dog Brothers for the promotion.  I value my new name and will do my best to represent well. Thank you.

TAC 
C Dr Dog

Mongolian Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2012, 03:39:22 PM »
Congratulations to both of you, I notice there no longer appears a C- before your names  :-)

Thank you very much indeed, sir.

- Mongolian Dog

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2012, 05:36:23 PM »
As always the wordless images swirl in my head.   Being wordless, writing about them can be rather challenging!  So rather simplistically I note that the variety of weaponry at this Gathering may have been the most I have ever seen.

Of course there was plenty of single stick, but we also saw plenty of double stick.   I was also very pleased to see that stick & daga seems to have taken root.  Furthermore we had (working from memory here so I may well miss a few):

Kukri
Kukri & knife
Kurkri & buckler
stick & buckler
Espada & bucker
Espada & daga
Three Section Staff vs. double stick
Three Section Staff vs Staff
Spear vs. Spear
Hard plastic bokken
Nine section whip vs. double stick
and more.

TAC!

Dr Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2012, 06:01:01 PM »
Woof Guro - I believe there were 2 fights involving tomahawk and knife  versus other combos a la "Last of the Mohicans"?
                  Short staff on spear
I felt like a kid in a candy store!  So hard to decide!

C Doctor Dog

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2012, 07:40:15 PM »
C-Doc Dog:

You are correct!  I had forgotten about the tomahawks!

All:

Amongst those present we had three from Germany, a US Special Forces soldier, an LAPD Defensive Tactics Instructor, and various other backgrounds of interest.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2012, 08:02:59 PM »
Dog Jay repeatedly ducked under stick strikes.  Given the speed at which a stick travels, this is not at all common.

Bitch was a surprise arrival.  Although a righty she fought blade fights with a kukri in her left hand and various other implements e.g. tomahawk, in her right hand.  As always, she impressed.

JT

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2012, 06:54:07 AM »
WOOF ALL!

What a great weekend!  Thank you all for such an outstanding experience. HD's comments are right on, there were great spirits/vibes on both days of the tribal.  I'm going to follow C-Dr Dog's lead by saying thanks to everyone that I fought.  Each of my opponents taught me a lot and I am truly thankful to be amongst you all.  The experience of the gathering is definitely something that leaves you speechless. 

WOOF!

Dog Jay

JT

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2012, 07:04:53 AM »
GC,

I'm not sure if I was attempting to mimic an agent from "The Matrix" or what, but each swing of Seeing Eye Dog's rattan caught my attention in a major way.  It was a lot of speed and power behind those strikes, which got me improvising (ducking) and moving (ducking)... :-D

Dog Jay

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2012, 08:41:38 AM »
"mimic an agent from "The Matrix"" , , , or President Bush ducking an incoming Iraqi shoe.

Quiet Dog

• View Profile
    • Coast Executive Services
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2012, 09:18:49 AM »
To everyone I fought: C-Doctor Dog, Pappy Dog, Poi Dog, Sinatra Dog, “Dog” H.M., C-Dog Don…Thank you for pushing me and helping me to grow. To the Dogs in attendance that I did not get to fight (especially “Dog” Pete Juska and C-Mighty Dog) keep a spot open for me on the dance card for next time. To all those who took part in the weekend, thank you for your energy and enthusiasm. We went hard for 2 days, non-stop. Not many people can say that.

And finally to Guro Crafty and Pretty Kitty, thank you for your endless enthusiasm, energy, support, and selflessness as you help to drive us forward to bigger and better things.

As Guro Crafty so often says...The Adventure Continues

Woof,

Quiet Dog

Gong Fu Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2012, 01:04:30 PM »
I would like to thank everybody who made this weekend so special!

To all the Fighters: It was a great honor to be out there with you!!

To all the Fighters who gave me the honor to dance with them: Thank you so much! I learned so much from you!

To Guro Crafty and pretty kitty: I can not put in words how grateful I am that you give me/us the oppertunity to go out there and fight at a Gathering! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!

WOOF!
Gong Fu Dog