Author Topic: New member a word of caution....  (Read 15166 times)

nighthawk86

• View Profile
New member a word of caution....
« on: May 28, 2010, 06:52:46 AM »
Greetings and respect to the Dog Brothers. I'm a new member, though long time lurker.
Unfortunately my first post here is word of caution....
On Sun. May 9 I was browsing and saw this thread:
http://dogbrothers.com/phpBB2/index.php?topic=2036.0
This Maxx person was selling some knives. I contacted him since he left his e-mail in the post.
Short version, we agreed on a price of $45 for the CRKT First Strike he was selling.
I sent the Postal Money Order on Mon. May 10, and e-mailed him it was on the way. He e-mailed back that he would send the knife after he got the M.O. Fine, that was reasonable.
On Sat. May 15, he e-mailed that he received the money order and would ship the knife either that day or Monday morning, which would've been May 17.
On Tues. May 18 he e-mailed that he was basically very busy with work & school and would send out blade "tomorrow with DL confirmation".
On Thurs. May 20, after not hearing anything from Maxx, I sent an e-mail telling him I realize he's busy, but I wanted my knife.
On Mon. May 24, after no response, I sent an e-mail telling him if he didn't send the knife that I already paid for, I was going to take my Money Order receipt and copies of our e-mails and have a chat with my local Postmaster.
I expect he wil be getting a visit sometime in the near future.
As of Thurs. May 27, I still haven't gotten the knife.
To save anyone else from having to deal with this kind of b.s., Maxx gave his name as Max Martinez with an address in Rancho Cucamongo, CA 91737. The e-mail he posted is: MaxDasJames@gmail.com
For those who have a real need to know, I will forward copies of the e-mails and supply the serial number off the Money Order receipt.
If my knife shows up in the next few days, I will be happy with that, and will leave it at that, and I will have another chat with my Postmaster about how it was just a misunderstanding.

nighthawk86

• View Profile
Re: New member a word of caution....
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 11:58:15 AM »
UPDATE: Max has contacted me and offered to either send me another knife or return the money I sent. I asked him to send me info on when and how he sent the knife, then I would decide what I wanted to do. I also said I would accept his apology in public here on this forum and would say he dealt with the problem. I will update accordingly.

I want to thank the member or members who told Max about my post here. I appreciate it.

nighthawk86

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 09:30:17 PM »
Further update:

May 30: Max contacted me via e-mail and offered to send me a knife the same as the one I bought, if I haven't received the the knife he sent, which I haven't (or hadn't).

June 1: I quote, "I am sending your new knife out tomorrow before I hit school. With DL Confirmation and Insurance."

June 4: I received 2 e-mails. One apologizing for it taking so long and saying that he got the knife he sent (this would be the first knife) back, and wanting me to confirm my mailing address. The other e-mail was just wanting me to confirm my mailing address.
I sent him my P.O. Box address and told him to send it there. Now, in all fairness, I didn't get to the post office Monday the 7th, so who knows, but I also have not heard from Max since June 4.....

Will update later....

Monkey Man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 12:37:26 PM »
I am sorry to hear about the issue. Perhaps a COD would have worked better?

nighthawk86

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 12:37:33 PM »
Hello Monkey Man. Thank you, and thank you for your idea, wish I'd thought of that. I will keep it mind for the future.

FURTHER UPDATE: Today is June 15, 2010. As of today, I have not received the knife I paid for, nor have I heard from Maxx since June 4, 2010.

He had stated 2 times at least, he would send the knife, he claims he did and it was returned to him. Maybe so. But he also said he would send me the confirmation number on the package he was going to send at least 2 times. I never received any such information once.

As far as I am concerned, he has ACTED AS a liar, and as a thief. There is absolutely nothing that will convince me ever that he isn't a liar. However, if I receive the knife I paid for by Saturday, June 19, I will retract my statement about his acting like a thief.

I have given him plenty of time to keep up his end of the deal, and he has failed. Plain and simple. I wonder how he would react if the situation were reversed.

grayson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 09:49:05 AM »
Sorry to hear about this trouble. Very frustrating. It's been a month and to not have the knife or money returned is unacceptable.
Maxx hasn't gotten back to you but he seems to have the time to post on other FMA sites asking the same retarded questions and having the usual
incoherent discourse he would have here. I'm actually amazed at the patience from GC and other DB posters.

Hope it's resolved soon. Please keep us posted.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 10:28:50 AM »
I am watching this thread with interest.

nighthawk86

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 08:33:22 AM »
It has been almost 2 years, and I still have not received the knife, nor have I heard from Max in all that time. I hope he enjoyed the $45 he ripped me off for.
I noticed he has not logged in to this forum since September 2010. For the record, here is the address he gave me at the time as well as the e-mail address he used

Max Martinez
11083 Stone River Drive
Rancho cucamonga Ca 91737

maxdasjames@gmail.com

Know that he is a thief and a liar, plain and simple. If you are friends with him, I suggest getting a new friend.

Also, he claimed to be in the military. Well he ain't one of the good guys. He has no sense of honor or decency.